The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Apps/SAAS/Ecommerce! - 6 Month Challenge - Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Thunder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Nov 21, 2015
As a former co-founder of a consulting firm (that's built numerous App/SAAS products), I'm tired of hearing about Apps and SAAS ideas. Nearly everyone in my immediate network seems to be focused on them with an unwarranted disdain for content/community web product ideas.

There's significantly more developers/growth-hackers working on Apps/SAAS ideas (with those channels now being equally clogged) vs content product ideas, and that's why I've decided to add value to the content/community web instead, with a few ideas that have been marinating for a while.

Goal:

A portfolio of mobile-first content and community properties that generate 2K dollars monthly in 6 months (from today), with a developer's unique touch.

Thoughts:

Content sites may be slowlane (extremely low barrier to entry), but there's yet room for improvement and ideas.

Google's recent announcement about their switch to mobile-first index as well as them adding AMP pages as a ranking signal (for specific phrases) shows that there's untapped niches in the mobile web content space. We've done tests that have proven this.

Focus:
Mobile-first content sites built for maximum user engagement. Monetised with native/display ads and affiliate links.

I will be outlining specific strategies (even gray/black hat) where possible.

Current status:

- Built & sold niche site in the 4 figure range
- Have a previous niche site (built last year) currently making close to 500 dollars per month
- Site #1 (for the goal listed above) built and launched in Nov with 6 posts - Built on a custom framework/cms that I will be using for a few unique content creation ideas that aren't easily possible with wordpress (the other niche site I own runs on wp).

More to follow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.