The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Obama to introduce another business tax cut

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In another move aimed at stabilizing the still-shaky economy, President Barack Obama on Wednesday will introduce a new $200 billion tax cut giving businesses across the country an incentive to buy new equipment in the short term, according to a senior administration official.
egkujS6NIe0

More...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Heads up, folks.

This is BIG.

Stay on top of it-- last time this happened, we expensed over 25,000 worth of purchases in a year.

BIG BIG STUFF.

-Russ H.

A

Anon3587x

Well now craigslist is censored the government is able to tax A LOT more money.
lol

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
Thats really great news. I truly felt like the uncertainty was holding us back.

Not that Obama should be rewarded or praised for getting his hand out of my pocket. Shouldn't have it their to begin with. I plan to grow by huge leaps and bounds next year.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Oh jeeze guys, grow up.

Can't you look at anything from a standpoint of profit?

Does your limited view of the world require you to filter EVERYTHING through politics?

Don't. Learn how to profit from whichever party is in power.

It doesn't make a friggin difference who's signing the bills and sitting in the chair.

Or whether they have a "D" or a "R" (or some other party's name) after their name.

WATCH FOR OPPORTUNITIES AND SIEZE THEM.

While lots of retards were whining about how the govt was crapping all over them last year, we got over $1,000,000 in loans from various places.

A million dollars.

You can make money in ANY climate.

Just learn the NEW RULES, and how to PROSPER from them.

Leave the whining to the idiots who will spend the rest of their lives blaming every one and every thing else for their lack of success.

-Russ H.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I'm no expert, but from what I can tell from being involved in stocks is that a lot of the businesses that I'm invested in (and a lot of businesses in general) are flush with cash. The issue is that they're not spending it. Fear is causing them to hoarde cash. I don't expect giving tax breaks to business (which, in effect, is more money) to make a difference since a lot of businesses are reporting huge profits already and have cash-heavy balance sheets.

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
Oh jeeze guys, grow up.

Can't you look at anything from a standpoint of profit?

Does your limited view of the world require you to filter EVERYTHING through politics?

Don't. Learn how to profit from whichever party is in power.

It doesn't make a friggin difference who's signing the bills and sitting in the chair.

Or whether they have a "D" or a "R" (or some other party's name) after their name.

WATCH FOR OPPORTUNITIES AND SIEZE THEM.

While lots of retards were whining about how the govt was crapping all over them last year, we got over $1,000,000 in loans from various places.

A million dollars.

You can make money in ANY climate.

Just learn the NEW RULES, and how to PROSPER from them.

Leave the whining to the idiots who will spend the rest of their lives blaming every one and every thing else for their lack of success.

-Russ H.

I don't know where you get the impression that anyone is playing the D and R card or where you got the idea that anyone is blaming others for lack of success.

Because I said "I plan to grow huge next year?" Well that's something I was planning no matter what. I guess you can take what people say and twist it till it fits tightly up your a$$ and you did that quite well. :thumbsup:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'm no expert, but from what I can tell from being involved in stocks is that a lot of the businesses that I'm invested in (and a lot of businesses in general) are flush with cash. The issue is that they're not spending it. Fear is causing them to hoarde cash. I don't expect giving tax breaks to business (which, in effect, is more money) to make a difference since a lot of businesses are reporting huge profits already and have cash-heavy balance sheets already.

Agreed. Consumers are also "hoarding cash" in that they're paying down their credit cards at record-breaking rates.

This behavior is understandable when people are afraid of what may happen.

The cure to economic recovery is to improve consumer (and business) confidence.

Easy to say.

Hard to do.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I don't know where you get the impression that anyone is playing the D and R card or where you got the idea that anyone is blaming others for lack of success.

Because I said "I plan to grow huge next year?" Well that's something I was planning no matter what.

Wow, even after I point out your snarky political reference to Obama's hand in your pocket, you still don't see it.

This is a newsbot post, NHS. I can't change the thread title (and remove "Obama" and govt references to clean it up) b/c MJ's still working on the new format.

The newsbot doesn't know political references are against the rules.

But YOU do.

And yet you'd rather make comments like this:

I guess you can take what people say and twist it till it fits tightly up your a$$ and you did that quite well. :thumbsup:

You're absolutely right.

I "twist" my comments here to remove references to religion and politics.

Not that hard, really.

In fact, every other member of these forums does it as well.

And doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

That's what I meant.

-Russ H.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Interesting digression.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I'm already not paying any taxes thanks to my current business tax structure.... So this change won't impact me personally.

As for the fortune 100 company I work for, I don't see this easing our purse strings either.

The only thing that will free up this economy will be to eliminate fear of uncertainty.... Not happening right now as the "great recession" carries on...

- Hakrjak

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'm already not paying any taxes thanks to my current business tax structure.... So this change won't impact me personally.

As for the fortune 100 company I work for, I don't see this easing our purse strings either.

The only thing that will free up this economy will be to eliminate fear of uncertainty.... Not happening right now as the "great recession" carries on...

- Hakrjak

Agreed.

Good to hear you've got a structure in place that alleviates your tax burden, Hak! :thumbsup:

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.