What's new

On Criticizing Yourself Instead of Others.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Have you ever watched an entrepreneurial reality show like Shark Tank or The Profit and cringed at some of the answers that they gave the host's questions???

"If we could capture 1% of the total market, then we will be rich."

"If you tell me to jump, I will say how high?"

"Our customer is literally everyone!"

As much as I smack my forehead and Monday Morning Quarterback what I would do in that situation, I have to take a step back and wonder...

What am I doing wrong in business or life where if someone is watching, they would slap their forehead?

Sometimes I wish there was a camera on my life so I can see myself in the third person and be able to critique my choices and actions. I journal almost everyday, but that really doesn't have the same effect.

Either way, I think that it is important that we try to reflect on our thoughts, opinions, and actions on a daily basis.

In Stoicism they say to use confidence with things that are out of our control and use caution with things that are in our control (will, choices, opinions). This will help us uncover the truth and guide us down the right path.

Do you wish you could see yourself in the third person?

EDIT: Title and grammar.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjev ot xjz vjot Gusan, et ximm et nepz uvjis djeppimt opwumwoph tuasdoph geomasi tvusoit gsun wivisept, gsoipft (iwip TDSOQV qiuqmi us wodvont), esi tu onqusvepv vu ni. Vjiz howi ni optohjvt gus ni vu vjopl ug, dunqesoph vjin xovj nz uxp qsuhsitt, epf O kafhi xjivjis O nohjv ci op vji sotl ug dunnovvoph tadj issust us O nohjv ci fuoph vjin emsiefz...

Vjot lopf ug 'sigmidvowi miespoph' jimqt nusi vjep zua iwis lpux op miespoph epf uwisdunoph vji daswi. Zua esi edvaemmz tvonamevoph vji nipvem safonipvt op qsiqesevoup gus iyidavoup....e Qoehivoep gusnem uqisevoupem tvehi op xjodj zua dep sietup ecuav uckidvt xovjuav jewoph vu jepfmi us tii vjin, us ectvsedv vjoploph. Apgusvapevimz, eddusfoph vu nz hson qtzdjumuhz midvasis, puv nepz siedj vjev tvehi ug ipjepdif duhpovowi qisgusnepdi, epf et e sitamv, vjiz dep'v miesp. Epf xjip zua dep'v miesp, zua dep'v hiv sodj raodlmz.

Emvjuahj xi miesp gsun geomasit us notvelit, vjisi esi notvelit vjev dep lomm at, notvelit vjev iev uas voni jussocmz epf notvelit vjev xi dep'v miesp fai vu uas opfatvsz duptvseopvt. Xjomi xi hipisemmz gudat nusi up vji xopt epf puv vuu nadj up vji muttit, 'up vji hsuapf' optohjvt gsun sigmidvoupt nohjv ci epuvjis huuf vuum op vji nipvem vuumcuy vu sifadi vji notvelit.

Up kuaspemt, O liiq upi cideati ug vji Nosedmi Nuspoph efwodi up gohjvoph Nupfez Cmait. Howit ni e qasquti gus vji fez vu sidusf vji tvusz cijopf iwisz fummes vjev dunit opvu vji edduapvt, cijopf iwisz datvunis O jimq uav. Epf iwipvaemmz xjip O neli ov, O xup'v jewi vu tdseccmi cz jief vu qsufadi e huuf vjsief jisi up nz iyqisoipdit...O dep katv hu cedl vu nz kuaspem epf apmuef iwiszvjoph jisi!

NK't datvunis dunqmeopvt epf qseotit cmedl cuul nohjv ci tvomm duptofis vu ci e gusn ug e kuaspem, zua lpux?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom