Have you ever had one of those moments when you suddenly realize something, then everything makes sense, and life improves? This thread is about that realization that many of us are yet to have.
Ready for it?
Doesn't matter, just do it.
Many of us have "tried" a bunch of businesses, spent a couple bucks "testing" an idea. In reality we're mostly hedging our bets, playing it safe, assuming we'll fail. The problem is we don't actually do anything. Analysis paralysis, risk aversion, you name it, we put the bare minimum effort into something just to say we tried and we move on to the next shiny object.
So here's what I want to bring to point: doesn't matter, just do it. Is your business idea not a fastlane? Doesn't matter, just do it. Make it work, make some money, learn 1000x faster doing than analyzing. Not to mention how many more needs and opportunities you'll encounter along the way.
During my first phone call with Jack Edwards I laid out my "impressive" experience, a few minutes later he mentioned that I'm just a young guy with no experience. To a potential employer I have a great resume, as a potential business owner I had zero experience.
So, while you're searching for that one idea, that multi million dollar a year company, do something. Here is a list of companies you can start tomorrow, that I know can net you hundreds of thousands a year with very little cash up front and no/little licensing barrier:
Here are some ideas that would need some cash, but I know will net hundreds of thousands a year:
So let's say you run a roofing company for a year and get tired of the seasonality, stress, whatever and call it quits. What did you learn during that year of selling jobs, meeting new people, solving problems, hiring/firing, doing paperwork, etc? A lot, that's what you learned. And at the end of that year you will probably have a pile of cash. Now imagine yourself sitting on a pile of cash and pursuing one of your far fetched ideas--without having to worry about paying your mortgage or punching a time card.
This is already too long. Thoughts?
Ready for it?
Doesn't matter, just do it.
Many of us have "tried" a bunch of businesses, spent a couple bucks "testing" an idea. In reality we're mostly hedging our bets, playing it safe, assuming we'll fail. The problem is we don't actually do anything. Analysis paralysis, risk aversion, you name it, we put the bare minimum effort into something just to say we tried and we move on to the next shiny object.
So here's what I want to bring to point: doesn't matter, just do it. Is your business idea not a fastlane? Doesn't matter, just do it. Make it work, make some money, learn 1000x faster doing than analyzing. Not to mention how many more needs and opportunities you'll encounter along the way.
During my first phone call with Jack Edwards I laid out my "impressive" experience, a few minutes later he mentioned that I'm just a young guy with no experience. To a potential employer I have a great resume, as a potential business owner I had zero experience.
So, while you're searching for that one idea, that multi million dollar a year company, do something. Here is a list of companies you can start tomorrow, that I know can net you hundreds of thousands a year with very little cash up front and no/little licensing barrier:
- Roofing company
- Siding and/or gutter company
- Concrete company
- Concrete sealing company
- Staffing agency
- Excavation, landscaping, earth moving
- Dump truck hauling service
- Freight logistics (this is definitely a fastlane if done right)
- Window washing service
Here are some ideas that would need some cash, but I know will net hundreds of thousands a year:
- Equipment rental company (bobcats, trailers, saws, party stuff)
- Doggy daycare (burgeoning market)
- Gas station/convenience store
- Daycare
So let's say you run a roofing company for a year and get tired of the seasonality, stress, whatever and call it quits. What did you learn during that year of selling jobs, meeting new people, solving problems, hiring/firing, doing paperwork, etc? A lot, that's what you learned. And at the end of that year you will probably have a pile of cash. Now imagine yourself sitting on a pile of cash and pursuing one of your far fetched ideas--without having to worry about paying your mortgage or punching a time card.
This is already too long. Thoughts?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
