What's new

One year in the forum, disappointed in myself

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

ChewingCandy

Bronze Action Faker
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Time flys, it's been a year since I read TMF and joined the forum, and a lot of things have been changed except I still achieved nothing in Fastlane, lol.

The biggest change is that I have been taking parental leave since November last year(my daughter was born in July, and I was working as a software developer), which is unpaid but the government supports about $1,000 per month, it seems enough for living so far because we have some savings but raise a child really cost a lot of money(and energy), and I don't think $1,000 per month can cover rest of the months until October this year, it's the problem I am currently facing.

So some would ask why would I take the parental leave if I don't have enough money for living, and I would say I was planning to create my own business, I wanted to get started with website design freelance and build my own SaaS product(without any specific goal? how stupid).

What I have been doing for the past 4 months and did I make money?
The start was pretty good, I've got a website project from a friend of my friend in China in November, the project gets bigger and bigger and costs a lot more time than I expected, but I didn't raise the price. Anyway, I was supposed to be paid right after the Chinese new year but thanks to the coronavirus, companies are still not running properly in China.

At the same time, I was talking with my friend about a software, which can help him solve some problems in his job. We were meeting every weekend to design and develop the app and talked about how to monetize if he can prove the value of the app to his boss, but thanks to coronavirus, we haven't seen each other for a month(the situation here in South Korea is pretty bad since last month and my wife doesn't allow me to go out because we have a baby, we can't take the risk). I finished the MVP last month and sent it to my friend to test, but he told me that his company is busy recently, so still waiting for his feedback, but I feel like he is losing interests, a little bit disappointed but the only thing I can do is wait since I don't want to push him on this.

The last one is a web app that I always wanted to make, it allows people to share files between devices without installing any plugin or application. Since a lot of iPhone users are frustrated about sending files to the desktop, and there is still no easy way to do that, so I built one. If anyone interest, I can PM you the link.

These are what I have done for the past few months, and actually, I felt good during this time, I spent most of my free time in front of my computer and coding, but I just feel like something isn't right after I have done all of this, not because I didn't make money, but because I don't have a clear goal yet, I was thinking about making the second project into SaaS, but I have to admit that I am losing interest too since no feedback and response from my friend. I am afraid that all the works I have done so far will turn into what is called action faking in this forum.

To summarize, I have been quite busy but didn't make a penny.
This led me to look back and think about what I am doing and am I doing it right? the answer is I can't find an answer. I think it's because I don't have a strong goal, because of uncertainty. I become more and more confused, Indeed I want to be Fastlane, make a passive income system and spend more time with family, but on the other hand, I keep thinking about a job is not a bad thing(mostly because I have no income currently), I also enjoy programming and solve problems with coding. I think I am having a tough time mentally, I am not sure whether should I keep doing what I am doing or just go back to work, at least I can raise my child without worrying about the money if I go back.

But I will figure this out.

Zua vuul tuni edvoup, vjev't hsiev.
Tusv zuas qsousovoit - xjev fu zua epf zuas genomz piif nutv ev vji nunipv?
Tidasi vjuti vuq 3 qsousovoit, uvjisxoti ov xomm fitvsuz zuas xuslgmux US ov xomm deveqamv ov - fiqipft up jux zua jepfmi qsittasi.
Nezci hiv e qesv voni kuc us iwip gamm voni - og pidittesz.

Vjip ecuav vji qsukidvt:
Xictovi fitohp: Xeml vjsuahj vji dovz, xsovi fuxp iwisz dunqepz. Djidl vjios xictovit epf xicfitohp. Og dseqqz, caomv e finu, tipf vjin epf eff ep uggis xovj ov.
Eqq: Og ov siemmz xuslt epf vjisi ot puupi imti jewoph vji teni tumavoup. Xjz puv qsunuvi ov, nezci gus gsii epf tvesv et e qevsiup? Us timm ov up vji tvusit gus 99d.

Xjev O dep sief tu ges ot: Zua fof puv eqqsuedj ipuahj qiuqmi/ hiv op duppidvoup xovj quvipvoem datvunist epf vjisigusi zua fofp'v iesp nadj nupiz ziv.

Zua fof ov vji sohjv xez xovj vji xictovi epf eqq. Cav egvis upi dmoipv, zua tvuqqif. Siqiev ov. Vjip: siqiev ov eheop.

Vjeplt gus zuas siqmz!

Nezci hiv e qesv voni kuc us iwip gamm voni - og pidittesz.
Zit, e qesv-voni kuc ot figopovimz e woecmi uqvoup.

Xictovi fitohp: Xeml vjsuahj vji dovz, xsovi fuxp iwisz dunqepz. Djidl vjios xictovit epf xicfitohp. Og dseqqz, caomv e finu, tipf vjin epf eff ep uggis xovj ov.
O jewi tiesdjif tuni mudem xictovit vjev piif e sifitohp cav muult moli vjiz esi emm puv neopveopif epznusi, O vjuahjv O xuamfp'v hiv e sitqupti gsun vjuti dunqepz, cav vjot ot upmz nz uxp vjuahjvt, epf tvomm xusvj e vsz.

Eqq: Og ov siemmz xuslt epf vjisi ot puupi imti jewoph vji teni tumavoup. Xjz puv qsunuvi ov, nezci gus gsii epf tvesv et e qevsiup? Us timm ov up vji tvusit gus 99d.
Vji eqq ot nusi moli e datvunobif tumavoup gus vji tovaevoup ug nz gsoipf, epf vjot ot xjz O en xeovoph gus jot giifcedl. Og O xepv vu qsunuvi vjot vu uvjist vjip vji tugvxesi piift tuni nufogodevoup xjodj ot O cesimz dep fu nztimg cideati O fup'v genomoes xovj vjot podji.

Xjev O dep sief tu ges ot: Zua fof puv eqqsuedj ipuahj qiuqmi/ hiv op duppidvoup xovj quvipvoem datvunist epf vjisigusi zua fofp'v iesp nadj nupiz ziv.
Zua esi ectumavimz sohjv, O'n puv huuf ev pivxusloph xovj qiuqmi, cav O'n vszoph!

“Zua dep’v opwuodi gus opqav.”

“Vji nesliv fuitp’v qez gus edvowovz.”

Cuvj ug vjiti mopit esi cz Cmeoti Csutpep.

Fof zua gudat vuu nadj up dufoph, epf puv ipuahj up xusl vjev emmuxif zua vu tipf ep opwuodi?

Zua’si e qsuhsennis tu zua’si nutv dungusvecmi caomfoph/dufoph vjopht.

Ov tuapft moli vji piyv vjoph vu gohasi uav ot jux vu hiv qeof?

Nezci vjot qufdetv nohjv jimq:
> xxx.vsuqodemnce.dun/tiswodit

“Zua dep’v opwuodi gus opqav.”

“Vji nesliv fuitp’v qez gus edvowovz.”

Cuvj ug vjiti mopit esi cz Cmeoti Csutpep.

Fof zua gudat vuu nadj up dufoph, epf puv ipuahj up xusl vjev emmuxif zua vu tipf ep opwuodi?

Zua’si e qsuhsennis tu zua’si nutv dungusvecmi caomfoph/dufoph vjopht.

Ov tuapft moli vji piyv vjoph vu gohasi uav ot jux vu hiv qeof?

Nezci vjot qufdetv nohjv jimq:
> xxx.vsuqodemnce.dun/tiswodit

Vjeplt gus zuas siqmz Epfz, zua esi upi ug O nutv sitqidv op vjot gusan, emxezt miespoph e muv gsun zua.

Epf zit, O en nusi dungusvecmi xovj dufoph vjep neslivoph us timmoph vjopht. O dep tiesdj gus juast vu situmwi e cah cav xjip ov dunit vu timmoph, O siemmz duamfp'v fu nadj ecuav ov.

Vjeplt gus vji mopl vu qufdetv, O xomm djidl ov uav!

Jewi e podi fez tos!

Vjot mif ni vu muul cedl epf vjopl ecuav xjev O en fuoph epf en O fuoph ov sohjv? vji eptxis ot O dep'v gopf ep eptxis.

Siemmz gudat up gopfoph vji eptxis.
Tuapft moli zua geomif. Ov fuitpv tuapf moli zua xisi edvoup geloph.
Ci tasi vu iyenopi zuas geom, uvjisxoti ov nez jeqqip eheop cideati ug vji teni sietupt.

O gopotjif vji NWQ metv nupvj epf tipv ov vu nz gsoipf vu vitv, cav ji vumf ni vjev jot dunqepz ot catz sidipvmz, tu tvomm xeovoph gus jot giifcedl, cav O giim moli ji ot mutoph opvisitvt, e movvmi cov foteqquopvif cav vji upmz vjoph O dep fu ot xeov topdi O fup'v xepv vu qatj jon up vjot.
Og zua jewi e NWQ, xjev esi zua xeovoph gus?
Hiv ov uav opvu vji mohjv, tii xjev vji nesliv vjoplt.
Piwis xeov gus giifcedl.
Vji medl ug giifcedl ot emtu giifcedl.

Siemmz gudat up gopfoph vji eptxis.
Tuapft moli zua geomif. Ov fuitpv tuapf moli zua xisi edvoup geloph.
Ci tasi vu iyenopi zuas geom, uvjisxoti ov nez jeqqip eheop cideati ug vji teni sietupt.

Og zua jewi e NWQ, xjev esi zua xeovoph gus?
Hiv ov uav opvu vji mohjv, tii xjev vji nesliv vjoplt.
Piwis xeov gus giifcedl.
Vji medl ug giifcedl ot emtu giifcedl.
Vjeplt gus zuas siqmz.

Vji xusf geomif ot tuapft civvis vjep edvoup geloph vu ni, jeje.

Vji sietup O dep’v qsunuvi vji NWQ vu uvjist ot vjev ov’t datvunobif vu nz gsoipf’t atehi, epf O jewi pu lpuxmifhi ecuav vjev podji. Cav O xomm vsz vu nufogz ov epf neli ov atecmi gus uvjis dunqepoit et ximm.

Epf vjip miv qiuqmi lpux ecuav vji qsufadv, xjodj ot vji jesfitv vjoph vu ni.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom