The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Overwhelmed and Impressed: My Rollercoaster of First Impressions on the Forum!

LukasP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 19, 2023
Hi, my name is Lukas, I'm 18 and I am new to TheFastlaneForum,
I've read MJ's books, "the millionaire Fastlane " and "unscripted " where he often mentioned his very own forum.
So I thought, why not take part in some discussions, read some posts, and see what others pursuing the path I might strive for are posting here.
Over the last couple of days, I've read some really amazing posts, especially about mentality, which is definitely sth. I want to work on. So thank you to all who share their knowledge to help others around here.

On the other hand, I was so overwhelmed by the amount of information on here.
Before joining I was unsure about the path I wanted to pursue and devote my time to. The only thing I knew was that I always dreamed of helping others in a way that would make it possible for me to live different than most other people (since I read "the millionaire Fastlane " I now have a term for that life, the Fastlane Life).
After reading many posts about different businesses and so on, I realized that I have no idea what might be a possible career to pursue or where I could solve problems in order to make a difference. Since I don't really have a skill set for entrepreneurship yet (i mean skills that might be good to have an idea where my journey is headed to, f.e. video editing) I see my options as almost endless, but that is exactly what frightens me. I know it's not good to overthink and stay in the same place, but I feel like I have to decide on a path that has the biggest potential to bring me somewhere, where I can be happy with the decision I made.

Maybe some of you guys have been in my shoes before and have overcome this state of mind, or some of you are in the same exact spot as I am.
Either way, maybe there is something to discuss here, maybe not, but I just felt like writing my thoughts out to clear my head.
If a discussion or tips will be a result of that even better.

Best regards
Lukas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
A good idea to get started is to learn about a market. For example, you can buy / sell some type of item you are already familiar with online (a piece of furniture, a guitar, a painting or whatever), or you can sell a simple service to someone you know. A few such experiments, with adjustments made, will teach you something about the opportunities available. It will also teach you some basic instincts in pricing, sales, communication, calculation, problem solving etc.

In many cases, if you lack certain skills, there will be little opportunity for you as you are competing with experts, but it is possible you will find gaps where customer needs are not being met. Make it a challenge to buy / sell something for profit, to get the ball rolling. If you managed it once, chances are you will manage it again, and you can only become more effective.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...