• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Peter Thiel - My New Idol

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
14%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Okay, well maybe not that far, but a guy whom I SERIOUSLY admire as he is everything I hope to be.

Quoting Wikipedia:

"...Thiel co-founded PayPal and was it's CEO...He currently serves as president of Clarium Capital Management LLC, a global macro hedge fund with nearly $3 billion under management, and a managing partner in The Founder's Fund, a $50 million venture capital fund he launched in 2005. He was an early investor in Facebook, the popular social-networking site, and sits on the company’s Board of Directors...In 2005, Clarium was honored as global macro fund of the year by both MarHedge and Absolute Return, two trade magazines. Thiel’s approach to investing became the subject of a chapter in Steve Drobny’s book, Inside the House of Money (which I currently have from the library to read :) ).

In addition to Facebook, Thiel has made early-stage investments in several startups, including Slide, LinkedIn, Friendster, Palantir Technologies, and IronPort. Slide, LinkedIn, and IronPort were each founded by colleagues of Thiel’s from PayPal. Fortune magazine reports that PayPal alumni have founded or invested in dozens of startups with an aggregate value, according to Thiel, of around $30 billion.[3]

Thiel’s cultural pursuits have recently included executive producing "Thank You for Smoking,” a feature film based on the Christopher Buckley novel of the same name. He is a chess master. He is also the co-author (with David O. Sacks, who produced TYFS) of the book, The Diversity Myth: "Multiculturalism" and the Politics of Intolerance at Stanford, and has contributed articles to The Wall Street Journal, First Things, Forbes, and Policy Review, the journal of The Hoover Institution (on whose board he sits). In 2006, he won the Herman Lay Award for Entrepreneurship.[4] In 2007, he was honored as a Young Global leader by the World Economic Forum as one of the 250 most distinguished leaders age 40 and under."

Seriously, just take a carbon copy of my life goals and this guy has literally done accomplished every single one of them!

Successful entrepreneur, successful hedge fund manager, successful venture capitalist, chess master, honored by the World Economic Forum, created a magazine, sits on the board of the Hoover Institution, earned a J.D., is an author, produced a movie, these goals are all quite literally MINE! And I mean LITERALLY, like a specific goal of mine is to one day be part of the Hoover Institution, likely on the board, and to get honored by the World Economic Forum (any of you who see me post on LamboPower know I love economics :cool: ), to be a chess master, to write books, to produce a movie, etc...but what really inspires me is I honestly did not know if it was possible to be a entrepreneur, hedge fund manager, venture capitalist, author, etc...all these things, or just wishful thinking. I was still going to try, but had a slight nagging it might be in vain, or elongated out over life.

Now this gives me lots more inspirational fuel as I know it is possible.

Reading this also teaches me a lesson, which relates to that saying, "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go," which for me is to go ahead and try to accomplish everything I plan to in life (lots of things!), because even if I don't accomplish them all, I will hopefully leave behind a huge track record :cheers: :icon_super:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Thiel is very impressive ... he has his hands in a lot of pots and is one of the few men who have helped shape and mold the internet.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back