The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Petroyuan Coming? End of the dollar?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is why the world needs Trump back. Especially to prevent a war here in Asia. The world demands Trump to be back asap to save humanity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
This is why the world needs Trump back. Especially to prevent a war here in Asia. The world demands Trump to be back asap to save humanity.
Unlikely to happen since U.S. Navy more than once disobeyed higher orders from Washington to fire provocative shots at the Chinese fleet or bases in the South China Sea during stare-downs.

The message I am getting is that men and women in uniforms feel that this is just a job and there is no honor in risking life to die for causes, that in their pov, are clearly unrelated to defending the homeland.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8uKCCs44oY

Freddy270291

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 3, 2020
Italy
Dem neocons are trying everything to not make him run for elections, because if he runs he will probably win (unless of other frauds during the voting process).
I don't sympatize for him (because I am not american, so not following the campaigns), but if I compare his previous 4 years to Biden's period I see he did much better.. the old man in power now is a shame, honestly.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Dem neocons are trying everything to not make him run for elections, because if he runs he will probably win (unless of other frauds during the voting process).
I don't sympatize for him (because I am not american, so not following the campaigns), but if I compare his previous 4 years to Biden's period I see he did much better.. the old man in power now is a shame, honestly.
This thread could also be "Grandpa Joe's de-dollarization Progress Thread". He has made tremendous progress this year, compared to the action faking of the previous predecessors.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
In an interview with Politico, France's Macron urged that Europe must reduce its dependence on the "extraterritoriality of the US dollar."

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

If a vast majority of the world's countries eventually trade in yuan, doesn't that mean that China will obtain the same power as the US in that they can print infinite money and export inflation to the rest of the world including us? Lol

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If a vast majority of the world's countries eventually trade in yuan, doesn't that mean that China will obtain the same power as the US in that they can print infinite money and export inflation to the rest of the world including us? Lol
Eventually that day would come, many decades later….

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Just want to point out that since this thread started, the dollar has strengthened vs the major currencies except the euro.

Granted it has only been a few months, hard to say the "long game" has been settled, but I keep hearing about countries defaulting on their Chinese loans, and local Chinese provinces defaulting on their local bonds and asking Shanghai for $, exports are down, real estate is down, and China's money printer worked harder than ours...

So is this really what chess looks like?

I know some transactions are being handled away from the dollar, thus less transactions are dollar denominated, but is anyone really supplanting the dollar? It seems more like countries keep trying to force their own currency rather than everyone agreeing on a new reserve currency.

Last edited:

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Something I've never quite understood when people discuss how "the Yuan will take over" or "BTC is the future, USD is dead" is, isn't the ultimate solution to own assets? I read a book called "The Alpha Strategy" years ago that more or less described this.

Say you own 1000 shares in a global index fund. Today that may be valued in USD, but if the Yuan takes over, it's just valued in RMB. Same assets, different method of valuing them. Similarly if you buy a McLaren for USD500,000 and somehow BTC takes over, now you have a BTC18.81.

Is this a correct line of thinking?

(Obviously what this doesn't take into account is the economic impact of these massive changes. If the RMB becomes the world reserve currency, you may need to ship that McLaren to China when it comes time to sell it, in order to realize that value...)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qmYteyr7ibY

2 weeks count down to BRICS conference in South Africa.

Meanwhile China’s northeast is suffering from a flood coincidentally (once in a thousand year event in sudden increased rainfall).

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGU93q64FI8

Most likely event coming is more global trade being settled in Rupees, Rubles and Yuan as these countries are large liquid gold exchange market trading in their domestic currencies.

See a one-year interval between setting up the gold exchange market and getting their currency recognized.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.

Great book I've read on the subject: Ray Dalio - Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order. No bullshit. No conspiracy theories. Just history and first principles.

Summary here: The Changing World Order Summary - Ray Dalio - Aure's Notes

Highly recommend a read to anyone interested in the subject.

I mostly follow @heavy_industry 's advice though.... 90% in the day to day, 10% peeking up at what's happening out there.

Maybe my biggest takeaway from the book: Change happens gradually.... then suddenly.

So take some chips off the table while you can.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.