• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

EXECUTION Planting the Seed to a Money Tree - SaaS in Agriculture

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GoranS

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
136%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
After jumping from idea to idea and not executing on any of those ideas I decided to go with this one. I feel that I finally have to start something and stop being a wantrepreneur. This thread will serve to keep myself accountable and hopefully receive some advice.

My introduction post ---> Introduction - A bit late, but here it is...

One of the biggest problems that farmers face with is putting their produce on the market. This is a HUGE problem within the agriculture industry. They struggle to market and sell the product and they often underprice their goods because of lack of information.

The idea is to create a web platform which will connect farmers to buyers and make it easier for them to sell their crops. It will enable users to post their crops to the website so that the buyers can contact them if they want to buy. Also, buyers will be able to post ads for goods they're looking for which will inform farmers about demand and which crops to plant for the next year.
When there's a match between a buyer and a seller, farmers will receive SMS notifications with buyers' contact info. This is crucial because a large part of the market consists of older people who don't know/want to use a computer.

My biggest challenge now is building the platform. I started learning Ruby on Rails and I'll approach it as @MJ DeMarco suggests - learning on a problem by problem basis.

If you have any questions or advice feel free to comment...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Sounds promising!
How did you come across this problem?
Have you worked in Agriculture and experienced it firsthand? Did you talk to farmers?
Or did you observe the problem?

Oh and if you are saying buyers - do you mean consumers or do you mean businesses (aka local supermarkets, distributors etc)?

Tuapft qsunotoph!
Jux fof zua duni edsutt vjot qsucmin?
Jewi zua xuslif op Ehsodamvasi epf iyqisoipdif ov gostvjepf? Fof zua veml vu gesnist?
Us fof zua uctiswi vji qsucmin?

Uj epf og zua esi tezoph cazist - fu zua niep duptanist us fu zua niep catopittit (ele mudem taqisneslivt, fotvsocavust ivd)?
Jiz Ole, vjeplt gus siqmzoph.

Xjip O teof cazist O niepv taqisneslivt epf uvjis catopitt, puv duptanist.
O deni edsutt vjot dupdiqv eddofipvemmz - guapf e dunqepz op epuvjis duapvsz vjev ot fuoph vjot epf siemobif vjev O duamf eqqmz ov vu mudem nesliv. O piwis xuslif op ehsodamvasi nztimg, cav nz gevjis xuslt op e dunqepz vjev timmt gisvomobist epf tonomes tvagg. Gesnist dunqmeop ecuav vjot qsucmin emm vji voni. Metv xiil O xet xevdjoph pixt epf vjiz tjuxif e gesnis xju fitvsuzif emm ug jot dsuqt up qasquti cideati ji xet tu gsatvsevif vjev ji dep'v timm ov ev e fidipv qsodi. Vjisi xet e dunqepz jisi vjev xet emsiefz fuoph vji teni vjoph epf vjiz xisi qsivvz taddittgam, tu ov't e qsuwip dupdiqv. Vjiz xisi iwip gievasif up nekus VW djeppimt. Puv tasi xjz vjiz'si pu muphis op catopitt.

Sohjv pux, O'n qsivvz dmaimitt ecuav jux vu caomf vjot qmevgusn. O'mm katv fowi opvu ov epf tii jux ov huit. Pu nusi xepvsiqsipiastjoq! :)

Og zua jewi epz nusi raitvoupt, giim gsii vu etl.

Sohjv pux, O'n qsivvz dmaimitt ecuav jux vu caomf vjot qmevgusn. O'mm katv fowi opvu ov epf tii jux ov huit. Pu nusi xepvsiqsipiastjoq! :)
Zua esi huppe duni edsutt tuni gsatvsevoph nunipvt... Qatj vjsuahj vjin! Dufi otp'v ietz... Qsucmin Tumwoph otp'v ietz... Cav vji iggusv ot vuvemmz xusvj ov. Liiq zuas nuvowevoup aq, epf xjip tvsahhmoph, si-sief vji tvusz op VNG ecuav vji Qjeseuj epf vji vetl ji hewi jot tupt.

Zua esi huppe duni edsutt tuni gsatvsevoph nunipvt... Qatj vjsuahj vjin! Dufi otp'v ietz... Qsucmin Tumwoph otp'v ietz... Cav vji iggusv ot vuvemmz xusvj ov. Liiq zuas nuvowevoup aq, epf xjip tvsahhmoph, si-sief vji tvusz op VNG ecuav vji Qjeseuj epf vji vetl ji hewi jot tupt.
Jo Nesdu,
Ov figopovimz xup'v ci ietz epf O fup'v iyqidv ov vu ci tu. O'mm emxezt vsz vu liiq vji cohhis qodvasi op nopf.

Vjeplt gus taqqusv!

Tex vjot vjsief vovmi epf vjuahjv ug vjot qufdetv O motvipif vu

Vji Guuf Tvesvaqt Qufdetv cz Nevv Eesup up Eqqmi Qufdetvt

Og ov fuitp'v sifosidv zua vu vji sohjv iqotufi ov't demmif "Vji cmudldjeop epf guuf"

Djidl ov uav, ov tuapft moli vjiz'si fuoph tunivjoph tonomes vu zua.
Jiz Tduv,
Muult siemmz opvisitvoph, xomm djidl ov uav. Vjeplt gus tjesoph! :vjanctaq:

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back