The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please need some advice on my idea

Idea threads

keiji dan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 16, 2015
Can you please tell me your idea about following model.

following is the normal retail model right ?
1. Cold call manufactures ----> Get a sales quote ----> Offer this to a buyer

Cant we apply this model to a big business ( Be a aircraft , arms, Heavy machinery,Ships,etc.. ? )

I mean isn't there a business opportunity by being a middle man to those industries ? any advice will be greatly appreciated .

This model will value for both the manufacture and the buyer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You'll need to figure out what value you bring to the table in this transaction:
  • Is the item you're quoting to buyers hard to find, and does it have buyers who desperately want it? If so, then you can mark it up a good amount.
  • Do you finance the purchase for buyers?
  • Do you provide product support?
  • etc.
Right now, the only value you've described is in picking up the phone and getting a quote. That's not worth much.

GPG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 8, 2011
The Netherlands
I work as a consultant in industrial manufacturing. The sales trajectory for large products (e.g. ships or complex components) is too complicated for the model you're proposing, as there isn't a standardized product in many of these businesses. These products are usually ''Engineer To Order'', which means everything is tailored towards the customer's requirements.

There are of course middlemen active, but they usually have extensive knowledge of engineering, manufacturing, sales and especially contacts in nations which have the capital to purchase large products (United Arab Emirates, Brazil). They do not offer a basic sales quotation, they offer a understandable solution for the gap between the manufacturer and the purchaser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.