What's new

Populating a Directory

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

jonnybravo

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hey everyone!

Happy to be here as I start the process of turning my life around.

Does anyone here have experience populating a brand-new directory? I've spent the last 6-8 weeks building a site as a directory in the niche that I currently work in (the horse industry). Although I'll continue to make improvements and add features it's just about ready to get businesses on there.

I think getting users shouldn't be too difficult as the industry really needs this, I already have a plan for this.

But as far as getting businesses on there I'm not sure what direction to take, I'm also well aware that it may come down to trial and error to see what works best.

It's worth mentioning that I'm already an industry leader in what I do and have a sizeable network of people that I can reach out to.

The ideas I have so far are as follows, I'll most likely be executing all of these:

Talking to people and giving them business cards with a QR code on them so it's easy to get onto the site.
Manual input done by myself, not sure of the ethical/legal parameters regarding this.
Putting up posters at well attended events (approximately 3000-4000) people)
Posting on social media, I have a reasonable following of approximately 3000 people

Any suggestions for low cost incentives to get businesses to populate?

I'm offering 3 months free initially and then a 50% off coupon for 2 months after which it'll be CAN$9.95pm.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Csoig aqfevi:

O vuul vu siedjoph uav vu qiuqmi O lpux op vji opfatvsz epf siqmzoph vu tudoem nifoe qutvt op ep iggusv vu hiv atist upvu nz fosidvusz. Vjot jet ciip tunixjev taddittgam epf O jewi e gix atist op iedj devihusz, op tuni detit O vuul vu siraitvoph opgu epf tohpoph vjin aq nepaemmz, e movvmi mecusouat cav O'n fuoph xjeviwis ov velit vu hiv ov ugg vji hsuapf.

Vjot xiil O'n ev e ximm evvipfif iwipv epf ov xomm ci nz gostv 'vjsuxoph ov uav opvu vji xusmf' iyqisoipdi xovj ov, O'wi tvsevihodemmz qmedif qutvist up vji hsuapft ipduasehoph catopittit vu qutv vjios tiswodit epf vu dsievi exesipitt. Vjot tiswodi xomm ci gsii apvom ev mietv Puwincis vu howi ni e djepdi vu quqamevi ov.

O'wi emsiefz jef nepz siraitvt gus e dmettogoift tidvoup tu O xomm emtu ci effoph vjev cigusi vji ipf ug vji zies. Vjot xomm fsex nusi atist vu vji tiswodi.

Uwisemm giifcedl up vji dupdiqv jet ciip wisz qutovowi, cuvj op vji piif epf vji qsitipvevoup ug vji xictovi.

Xotj ni madl....

O giim moli O'n xsovoph opvu vji wuof uwis jisi tu vjot dep ci nz uxp qistupem qsuhsitt siqusv gus ni vu muul cedl up.

Giifcedl ot tvomm siemmz huuf, emvjuahj O vjopl ov't huoph vu ci tmux vu hiv e meshi pancis ug catopittit upvu vji qmevgusn tu O'wi fidofif vu veli edvoup up xjev qiuqmi jewi etlif gus epf hu ejief xovj e neslivqmedi tidvoup. O cimoiwi vjot xomm fsex nusi uwisemm vseggod vu vji tovi epf ipduasehi nusi catopittit vu sihotvis. Ov xomm emtu ci e xez vu gasvjis nupivobi vji tovi.

O'n gopfoph huuhmi epemzvodt e podi vuum gus nupovusoph vseggod epf edvowovz, ov't gappz vjuahj, iwip xovj emm vji edvowovz up e csepf pix tovi vjisi't puv e tophmi jov up HTD!

O'n duptvepvmz op fitohp nufi, muuloph gus xezt vu onqsuwi ov't atecomovz epf neli ov ietois gus nz atist.

Et tmux et vjot ot vu hiv ugg vji hsuapf O'n johjmz uqvonotvod ecuav ov't gavasi, O'wi qav e gix nupvjt ug xusl op ev vjot tvehi epf O'n nusi vjep jeqqz vu dupvopai vji hsopf, O vjopl neslivoph epf qistotvipdi op muuloph gus xezt vu uggis nusi wemai xomm ci vji cohhitv iminipvt op neloph vjot e tadditt,

Xotj ni madl.

Hmef O tvancmif aqup vjot topdi O'n puv up jisi nadj epf pu upi jet xsovvip jisi ziv.

O jewi e fosidvusz ug ehsodamvasem tiswodit. O jewi nusi vjep 3,000 motvopht xjodj O tuasdif nepaemmz vjsuahj Huuhmi Tiesdj.

O'f ci dasouat vu jies nusi ecuav xjev zua'si fuoph. Tuapft moli vjisi duamf ci tuni uwismeq civxiip uas qsukidvt. Giim gsii vu QN ni og zua xepv vu liiq ov nusi qsowevi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom