What's new

Primary Customer Acquisition Strategy

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
The reason I'm making this thread is to journal my marketing process with the hopes of a lightbulb going off so I know what to work on while I wait for my developer to finish the project.

Background: Tomorrow I'm launching a user-generated review site for an industry that desperately needs it. Its been 2 1/2 months in the making and we're finally almost done.

I've promoted the project on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and even started a YouTube channel. The majority of my target audience is on Facebook. I've collected 42 reviews with a JotForm on Facebook so I'm not launching with zero content. The reviews are for specific properties in my database of which there will be 3 types of listings: Unclaimed (these can be reviewed or claimed by the owner), Free Claim (the owner provides basic information for free), and Upgraded Claim (the owner can respond to reviews, upload 5x as much information, etc. - for an annual subscription). I have 200 Unclaimed, 55 Claimed, and 1 Upgraded that has been paid for already - and we still haven't launched.

While my web developer is hard at work, I've been crafting my marketing strategies but I feel a bit paralyzed. I'm all for executing - I just prefer to execute in the most effective way.

I'm a huge Grant Cardone fan. His marketing advice would be to post constantly on every social media platform and invest all my energy (since I don't have money) into getting attention. Which is fine. I've been doing that, and I plan to double-down on that once I launch. He would also recommend cold calling - which is the only way that I've been able to generate my 55 Claimed properties. I have about a 95% conversion rate on the first reach. The only reason why I only have 55 Claims is because each conversion results in collecting information for the website. This takes about 10 minutes each time.

I had a landing page that I was promoting on social media that got some traffic, but nobody filled out the Claim form.

I read Sabri Suby's Sell Like Crazy which was awesome. Highly recommended. His High Value Content Offer -> Opt-In -> Landing Page -> Godfather Offer strategy is awesome and was a huge resource for me crafting my offer. The guys over at Traffic and Funnels wrote The Intelligent Advertiser which was really helpful in determining my ideal avatar to craft my messaging. Then there's President Andy Black that schooled me on Google Ads with Skilltack (highly recommended for anyone just starting out). And then there's Alex Becker's Facebook Ads strategies that I have access to, I just haven't consumed that content yet because I'm not ready to spend money on ads yet. The first monies spent on marketing are going to collaborating with someone else's following... for sure. I also drafted some Press Releases but never sent them out because we had a delay with our launch. After things settle down I plan I starting a podcast (which I'm most excited about). And since the business is a website, I plan on studying SEO.

So now here we are.

I have my list of all the above. Paralyzed about what to work on right now while my developer finishes up the site. I had to step away from my computer and fall into ol' reliable: @MJ DeMarco 's Unscripted where he answers my question in one sentence: "... once you focus on what attracts good search engine results - valuable content - the good SEO results follow.

This is what I'm going to do. I'm going to take the rest of the night off. I'm going to meet with my developer to solidify everything. I'm going to follow Sabri Suby's techniques and craft an HVCO funnel. Upon launch, I'm going to email my contributors to let them know. I'm going to restart promoting on social media like a maniac (I've been quiet the last few days because of the launch delay), and then I'm going to disburse press releases. It won't be a big launch event, but I'm not worried about that because it's a review site. Once those ancillary things are dealt with, I'll block a couple days a week to continue cold calling, getting Basic Claims, and then following up with them in March to upsell them on the upgraded listing.

My main focus will be collecting quality content, building a great community, and getting attention.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O xuamf tahhitv emtu siefoph "Neloph Xictovit Xop". Vjuti hazt lpux e muv ecuav dupwistoup uqvonobevoup. Epf vjeplt gus zuas sidunnipfevoupt xjev vu sief / miesp, xomm tewi vjuti op nz motv.

Xjev ot vji dusi quopv ug zuas tovi? Vjuti siwoixt? Vji dupvipv esuapf vji siwoixt? Vjot quopv O xuamf onqsuwi.

Jewi zua emsiefz tqulip vu vjuti xju Dmeonif, xjev tiswodit vjiz xuamf qez gus? Xjev ot huuf, cef, xjev ot nottoph? Up vji uvjis jepf, xjev xuamf evvsedv nusi qiuqmi vu xsovi siwoixt? Civvis siwoixt? Us xjev jopfist vjin xsovoph e siwoix?

Nezci vji citv vjoph ot vu hiv zuas vjoph uav, tu vjev zua dep hiv vji gostv siem sitquptit.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom