What's new

Private School, Trade School, Entrepreneurship

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Spvrk

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hello all and good afternoon from a blissful, sunny living room in Sydney, Australia.

I'm a 24 year old male, who currently works as an Electrician. Most of my life has been defined by moving houses - currently averaging a new place every 2 years. Most of this has been out of my control until recently but it hasn't affected me but rather taught me how to accept change, and embrace it to view the positives.

During my education - highschool in particular (ages 12-18 roughly) - I attended a mixed, Christian, private school in the heart of North-Western Sydney. Whilst nothing inherently wrong with the education (minus the fact my mother was paying exuberant amounts for an education that is the same for 1/10th of the price down the road) it was not only a huge feeder for the SCRIPTED life but also an environment that fostered and leant heavily towards students graduating then progressing into a university. I originally bought into this scam and attended university with an entry in a bachelor of Mechatronics (Robotics) Engineering as I argued that this specific field of Engineering will yield more success, more pay, and more enjoyment. After 8 weeks, I decided that this was not the education I wanted, enjoyed or needed. I dropped out, becoming a regular joke amongst my friendship circle - which I had predicted since a year earlier, I too was mocking those who went to Trade School during a career day in highschool.

However, sticking to the decision to not only leave University but vowing to never go back is not one I have regretted or changed my mind on. Leaving the blood sucking system and only incurring a small $5,000 debt has served me better in the long term. Trade school was essentially free. Not only was I paid to sit in class, my employer reimbursed me the cost of each semester. I was ecstatic, not only did I get to learn something hands-on and practice it daily, I was making money, debt-free. I strongly recommend a trade to those who do not know what direction they want to take. Being apart of the trade let me also express my innate desire to solve problems. My apprenticeship was great, learning new skills and solutions almost daily. Until it hit a wall, suddenly all the problems were the same, or only slight variations of something I'd experienced before. One year into being a fully qualified and licenced electrician, I found a new job which presented new problems and honed in the craft of technical analysis, problem solving, and reinvigorated my love for the trade.

After 9-10 months with this company that I loved - the work and the bosses - I have come to realise that this is not what my life is cut out to be. Most friends and family members will describe me as "hard-working" but I do not wish to invest all my time and efforts into helping others build a business or a brand that would help them achieve their goals and dreams. Some family members have advocated I start my own electrical business, and whilst I do have a company setup, crawling through rooves all day is not my cup of tea. You may think I'm being a sook or whinging, and that's fine but my electrical specialty is Industrial not residential. I also believe that in Sydney, the electrical business section is a borderline commodity. Trawl through Electrician Q&A on Facebook and you'll find posts of other electricians complaining about competitors consistently undercutting to win jobs. This isn't to say that I don't believe an electrical business can't be "Fastlane" but merely saturated and dictated by price.

As it currently stands, I have had no firework "FTE" or "FTM" but a culmination of small, tiny descriptors that have led me to pursuing entrepreneurship. Here is a few; waking up at hours before the sun has risen, wasting my life driving 2.5-3 hours a day, repetitive work, a strong resentment for being told by other people what I can and can't do, helping others achieve dreams and goals, not wanting to end up like some family members who are drowned in debt and enslaved to a 9-5, seeing financial problems a key cause in my parents divorce and later on court arguments, my unwavering work ethic and problem solving skills, to never have to be frugal again in my life.

I have been a disciple of self-development for 4-5 years now and with the recent devouring of MJs' first book and now 2/3 of the way through "UNSCRIPTED ", it has made me discover that the next progression and step in my development will be through being an entrepreneur. I have attained a skillset that is needed for a construction job but my focus in business will need to be nurtured to expand my skillset. A journey on which I'm excited to welcome failures, F*ck ups, mockery, and backlash from those closest to me. A key differential that I will have during my journey is having a family member - who is currently in the position that I will end up in - as a mentor.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom