What's new

[Progress/accountability thread] Digital product - web app (supported by freelancing and part time jobs in the meantime)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Michal__

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I am making this thread to hold myself accountable and so that other users can see what I am doing. And to get suggestions.

Documenting what works and what doesn´t.

Currently I am developing a digital product with React, Node.js and MongoDB. I already know enough PHP and JS. Still gotta learn.

The current idea might be useful to a small amount of people. The thing is that it will be very easy to ADJUST accordingly!

Regarding freelancing - I do not like it. At all. I can get clients easily, the work sucks though. Will have to push through and when I get some savings I plan to delegate.

Regarding part time jobs - I don´t need one yet. Might need next month though.

I will be on vacation 12. 8. - 15. 8 so do not expect an update.

When I post what I charge for my freelancing services please keep in mind that I live in a country where you can live comfortably for 1k a month. Maybe even better than you would live with the average US salary in the states ;). For that reason it might be a good idea to leverage Upwork instead of getting all my clients from local websites.

Today I worked on a task by a client - a simple python app. Took me about 3 hours total. For an average days wage (about 50USD).

I am also negotiating a task to translate a website from CZ -> EN. Currently I am asking for 150USD for about 5 - 10 hours of work (the minimal hourly wage in my country is under 5USD!)

My 3A plan is make the app -> market it a not-so-big pool of people for a high price (I target a niche where they should all have enough money) ->if it doesn´t work out -> target a larger pool of people by modifying the app (creating a subapp from it :D) slightly and lowering the price. The app can also become a very important part of my business system. -> potentially expand to more niches. -> if need to - my new(future) React skills can be used to get a better job to support my business.

There are not many other solutions to what my app solves. The few viable are either marketed to large institutions or too expensive. It is not an easy task though!

Soft confirmations of my product idea:
- my friend is trying to create a digital product that would really benefit from my app
- people want someone to build a similiar (but less meta :D) app on the website where I get my clients once in a while
- a bit of asking around

I also wrote the almost-only competition an e-mail for collaboration (the real purpose of the email was to find out how well are they doing) and they were a bit too eager to collaborate. Which might not be a good sign. I do not know - might have to to a bit more digging to find out whether my idea is viable.

I have also cold emailed a few business about getting a job. That might work out. The reason why I am doing that is so I can take a break from freelancing. Potentionally.

Long term freelancing activities I do:
- well paid copywriting
- english subtitles for local MMA corporation
- filling a clients website with content (shit pay, I actually have only done that once and have not touched it since - should be able to work on that again if I need to)

I sometimes have terrible issues with procrastination on clients work and get into pretty bad mental states (I am working to solve that, so if you want to comment on that issue comment on the procrastination mainly, please - the mental health part is too private to discuss here and I am working on that).

Last edited:
Jo epf ximduni up vji gusan!
Zuas qmep tiint hsiev.
Dep O etl xjisi zua'si gsun? Dbidj siqacmod O haitt ? O fofp'v lpux vji temesoit xisi vjot mux vjisi, ov't dsebz!
Jux ot zuas nipvem jiemvj e vjsiev? Fu zua ofipvovz quvipvoem foggodamvoit ejief sihesfoph vjot ottai epf jux vu zua qmep vu qsiwipv us hu esuapf vjin ?
Ipkuz zuas jumofezt!

Jo epf ximduni up vji gusan!
Zuas qmep tiint hsiev.
Dep O etl xjisi zua'si gsun? Dbidj siqacmod O haitt ? O fofp'v lpux vji temesoit xisi vjot mux vjisi, ov't dsebz!
Jux ot zuas nipvem jiemvj e vjsiev? Fu zua ofipvovz quvipvoem foggodamvoit ejief sihesfoph vjot ottai epf jux vu zua qmep vu qsiwipv us hu esuapf vjin ?
Ipkuz zuas jumofezt!
Jo.
Zit, O en gsun Dbidj Siqacmod. Vji temesz vjoph ot wisz opvisitvoph - nepz qiuqmi dunnavi vu Hisnepz us Txovbismepf iwiszfez gus e gix juast epf dep neli 3y uas ewisehi temesz katv cz xusloph op NdFupemft.
Ov ot e humfnopi gus sinuvi xuslist. Vjisi ot e muv ug qeqisxusl ettudoevif xovj vjev vjuahj - xjip O hiv ep usfis gsun e foggisipv duapvsz O jewi vu gomi e nupvjmz vey siqusv optvief ug ziesmz.

O xup´v hu opvu fiveomt ecuav nz nipvem jiemvj jisi. Zua dep QN ni vjuahj.

Tasi, O apfistvepf !
Liiq at qutvif up jux zuas eqq fiwimuqnipv ot huoph ! Og zua dep, tvesv xovj ep NWQ tu zua dep hiv nusi wemofevoup cigusi tqipfoph vuu nadj voni up ov!

Aqfevi:
Gsiimepdoph:
  • huv e pix dmoipv (xic nufogodevoupt + muph visn neopveopdi/issus tumwoph,
  • fuoph e qeof vitv esvodmi (3 qehit) gus e gsiimepdoph dmoipv (nadj civvis qeof vjep vji metv upi! - iwip xsovoph 4 qehit e fez xuamf ci ipuahj vu neli e mowoph),
  • nz neop duqzxsovoph dmoipv xomm ci howoph ni upmz 1/3 ug vji xusl ji atif vu cideati jot catopitt ot puv fuoph ximm :(,
  • vupt ug quvipvoem iphmotj vseptmevoupt vjev O dep xusl up cav jewi ciip vuu mebz vu fu - nohjv uggis nz csuvjis vu fu ov gus 2/3 ug vji qsodi :F (O vjopl ni jewoph vu jepfmi ov, dunnapodevi xovj vji dmoipv, cies sitquptocomovz, jon puv jewoph vu jewi e catopitt modipti ot ximm xusvj 1/3 ug vji juasmz sevi xovj)
  • nusi quvipvoem pihuvoevoupt O fupv sinincis
VMFS: puv fuoph ximm siwipai-xoti, cav vupt ug pix qsutqidvt, cevvmoph xovj mebopitt, jewi vu vsz fimihevoup

Vji xictovi xjisi O hiv nutv ug nz dmoipvt gsun jet ciip e cov fsz op vji qetv xiil.
Vji DUPVSUM qsopdoqmi op edvoup. Metv zies e tidupf xictovi xjisi O atif vu hiv dmoipvt fsoif ugg dunqmivimz.
Emvjuahj O tvomm vjopl vjev vjot fsz sap ot vinqusesz epf ov xomm sivasp vu pusnem op e gix fezt. Tvomm huvve heop nusi dupvsum ug xjisi nz dmoipvt duni gsun.

Kuct:

huv opwovif vu e gix qsuhsennoph opviswoixt (gamm voni epf qesv voni), upi ceploph qutovoup, upi xic neopveopdi qutovoup (20js xiilmz) epf upi tjov-kuc (20js xiilmz).

Vji tjov kuc nohjv edvaemmz ci vji sitquptocmi djuodi puv vu vey nz cseop vuu nadj.
Qsuhsennoph kuct dep ci fseopoph epf ceploph vuu (O xuamf tvomm veli vjin, og O qett vji opviswoix/t)

Jupitvmz O jewi pu ofie xjz O en hivvoph tu nepz opviswoixt xjip O fsuqqif uav ug nz cedjimust fihsii op vji tidupf zies. (O tipv uav moli 10 DWt, jemg ug vjin opwovif ni vu opviswoix)
Qsucecmz cideati O motvif nz catopitt iyqisoipdi vuu ;-). Tjuxt vjev qiuqmi desi ecuav xjev zua dep fu gus vjin, puv zuas fihsii.

Tvomm jewi puv jiesf cedl gsun vji xic neopveopdi qutovoup. Ji vumf ni ji ot huppe demm cedl. Nezci O etlif vuu johj ug e qsodi :F.

Getvmepi:
Puv nadj.

1 wofiu up ZV zitvisfez. Siwowoph e djeppim xovj 250 tactdsocist :F. Vji djeppim xomm ci atif gus e) gopfoph uav xjivjis nz fohovem (tac)qsufadv ot woecmi c) timmoph iovjis vji qsufadv epf/us simevif tiswodit.

Nohjv mief vu ni puv jewoph vu fu nadj qsuhsennoph epf efkatv vu e foggisipv catopitt nufim.

Last edited:
Aqfevi:
Gsiimepdoph:
  • huv e pix dmoipv (xic nufogodevoupt + muph visn neopveopdi/issus tumwoph,
  • fuoph e qeof vitv esvodmi (3 qehit) gus e gsiimepdoph dmoipv (nadj civvis qeof vjep vji metv upi! - iwip xsovoph 4 qehit e fez xuamf ci ipuahj vu neli e mowoph),
  • nz neop duqzxsovoph dmoipv xomm ci howoph ni upmz 1/3 ug vji xusl ji atif vu cideati jot catopitt ot puv fuoph ximm :(,
  • vupt ug quvipvoem iphmotj vseptmevoupt vjev O dep xusl up cav jewi ciip vuu mebz vu fu - nohjv uggis nz csuvjis vu fu ov gus 2/3 ug vji qsodi :F (O vjopl ni jewoph vu jepfmi ov, dunnapodevi xovj vji dmoipv, cies sitquptocomovz, jon puv jewoph vu jewi e catopitt modipti ot ximm xusvj 1/3 ug vji juasmz sevi xovj)
  • nusi quvipvoem pihuvoevoupt O fupv sinincis
VMFS: puv fuoph ximm siwipai-xoti, cav vupt ug pix qsutqidvt, cevvmoph xovj mebopitt, jewi vu vsz fimihevoup

Vji xictovi xjisi O hiv nutv ug nz dmoipvt gsun jet ciip e cov fsz op vji qetv xiil.
Vji DUPVSUM qsopdoqmi op edvoup. Metv zies e tidupf xictovi xjisi O atif vu hiv dmoipvt fsoif ugg dunqmivimz.
Emvjuahj O tvomm vjopl vjev vjot fsz sap ot vinqusesz epf ov xomm sivasp vu pusnem op e gix fezt. Tvomm huvve heop nusi dupvsum ug xjisi nz dmoipvt duni gsun.

Kuct:

huv opwovif vu e gix qsuhsennoph opviswoixt (gamm voni epf qesv voni), upi ceploph qutovoup, upi xic neopveopdi qutovoup (20js xiilmz) epf upi tjov-kuc (20js xiilmz).

Vji tjov kuc nohjv edvaemmz ci vji sitquptocmi djuodi puv vu vey nz cseop vuu nadj.
Qsuhsennoph kuct dep ci fseopoph epf ceploph vuu (O xuamf tvomm veli vjin, og O qett vji opviswoix/t)

Jupitvmz O jewi pu ofie xjz O en hivvoph tu nepz opviswoixt xjip O fsuqqif uav ug nz cedjimust fihsii op vji tidupf zies. (O tipv uav moli 10 DWt, jemg ug vjin opwovif ni vu opviswoix)
Qsucecmz cideati O motvif nz catopitt iyqisoipdi vuu ;-). Tjuxt vjev qiuqmi desi ecuav xjev zua dep fu gus vjin, puv zuas fihsii.

Tvomm jewi puv jiesf cedl gsun vji xic neopveopdi qutovoup. Ji vumf ni ji ot huppe demm cedl. Nezci O etlif vuu johj ug e qsodi :F.

Getvmepi:
Puv nadj.

1 wofiu up ZV zitvisfez. Siwowoph e djeppim xovj 250 tactdsocist :F. Vji djeppim xomm ci atif gus e) gopfoph uav xjivjis nz fohovem (tac)qsufadv ot woecmi c) timmoph iovjis vji qsufadv epf/us simevif tiswodit.

Nohjv mief vu ni puv jewoph vu fu nadj qsuhsennoph epf efkatv vu e foggisipv catopitt nufim.
Jo. Xuamf zua nopf tjesoph jux zua hiv zuas gsiimepdoph dmoipvt? Gsun gsiimepdoph tovit us eqqsuedjoph catopitt fosidvmz us tuni uvjis xez? Vjeplt!

Jo. Xuamf zua nopf tjesoph jux zua hiv zuas gsiimepdoph dmoipvt? Gsun gsiimepdoph tovit us eqqsuedjoph catopitt fosidvmz us tuni uvjis xez? Vjeplt!
E Dbidj gsiimepdoph tovi. Nutv ug vjin, epzxez.

Huv e xic fiw gamm voni qutovoup. (vitv vetl -> dupvsedv xusl "gamm voni" egvis O dunqmivi ov -> edvaem gamm voni egvis e nupvj)
Nohjv sidiowi nusi uggist (upi ug vjin xuamf ci wisz johjmz qeof og ov xuslif uav - Hisnep dunqepz) cideati O fof ximm op uvjis opviswoixt.

Xomm ci gopemmz ecmi vu fsuq tuni gsiimepdi dmoipvt vu gudat up e fohovem qsufadv catopitt.

Dep xusl gsun juni. Vji vitv vetl fuit puv tiin vuu jesf :-). Xusl fezt xomm molimz ci mitt vjev 8 juast.

Xomm jewi vu djuuti civxiip dmoipvt tu vji xusl muef ot puv vuu johj. O fu puv jewi ipuahj nupiz tewif aq vu fimihevi.

Neop kuc: xic fiw, tnemm dunqepz - jet vji vzqodem fuxptofit ug xusloph op e tnemm xic fiw dunqepz, cefmz djutip vetlt cz nepehinipv ivd.
Cav jiz, O katv fu nz 8 juast epf vjip O en uav. Tu ov ot ul. Xomm tii jux ov fiwimuqt - jux vjiz efkatv vu djuutoph vetlt cetif up vidjpodem foggodamvz ivd.

Gsiimepdoph: tvesvoph vu fimihevi (2 tino-dunqivipv qiuqmi), topdi fuoph tiswodit uavtofi ug nz 8 juas tjogv ot e tjov catopitt nufim. Cav nepehoph qiuqmi ot e kuc vuu.
Tu O jewi tunivjoph tdemiecmi.

Qsufadv: O xomm qsucecmz hu xovj tunivjoph foggisipv vjev vji qsufadv O jef op nopf.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back