What's new

Proof That There Was a Before(Video + Link)

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

TaxGuy

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
1,276
Location
Goodyear, AZ
Rep Bank
$940
User Power: 10%
Ok, for anyone who knows me they know I've talked a big game for the last 4yrs I've been on Fastlane yet haven't really backed it up until recently. Now I'm taking it to the next level. I have set 3 life-changing goals that I intend to accomplish in the next 5yrs.

They are:

1) 1m Net-Worth
2) Run a Boston Qualifying Marathon Time
3) Tryout for and Make a Major League Roster

Here's the video:
[video=youtube;RlFgTZUDdTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFgTZUDdTA[/video]

Here's the blog post

How I intend to accomplish them:

1) Proactively build our tax business based on market-place needs and find ways to take what is currently a "slowlane" service business and turn it into a fastlane(i.e. an Information System and/or a Distribution System). Bottom line is the market-place needs a better tax service for the demographic of middle-class families who earn b/w $50-150k and either Itemize or own a Small Business. This demographic is getting killed in the prep fees they pay to traditional store-front franchises, not to mention the level of service they get there is well below-average. On the other hand, the high-quality services(i.e. independent or chain CPA firms) charge a TON and we've found that even some of them are well-below the level of quality we provide with our service and I am very confident(based on previous returns we've seen from new clients) that we are in the upper-echelon of quality which when combined with our reasonable pricing makes us the best value in tax service :)

2) This is the easiest of the 3. On 9/21/10 I was at an all-time high at 274lbs and could barely run 3mi despite being a two-time Chicago Marathon finisher w/ a PR of 4:33:04(~10:00/mi for 26.2mi). In just 3 months time with the proper diet and exercise regimen I ran the PF Chang's Arizona 1/2 Marathon in a mind-boggling time of 1:43:16(7:52/mi for 13.1mi). Then I fell into a deep depression starting in March that lasted through most of 2011 that set me back to running around a 9:30/mi pace. Now I'm back to running 10mi+ in under 9:00/mi and still have about 20lbs to lose to get back to the 219 I weighed in on race-day for the AZ Half. First test will be running Rock N' Roll San Diego on 6/3. There I'm shooting for around 3:45. If I can easily accomplish this then my first shot at a "BQ"(3:05 or less) will be Rock N' Roll Las Vegas in Dec. Even if I don't accomplish it in '12 I know I'll easily do it within the 5yr time-frame.

3) The most difficult of the 3. First off, my age(28) is a HUGE red-flag. To make the major leagues at my age is practically a pipe-dream, but if the movies "The Rookie", "Invincible" or "Rudy" are any indication, "impossible" does not exist! Not to mention I have an advantage over about 90% of those who dream of making "The Show"... I'm LEFT-HANDED and I PITCH. My pitching needs a TON of work and I'm certainly at the "don't quit your day job" phase of my training, but thankfully my primary business only takes up about 3mos of the year(even though it still requires work in the "off-season" it's nowhere near the volume of the actual tax season). Thus, I have plenty of time to get involved in one of the many Adult Hardball leagues here in AZ so I can begin my rise to dominance. Even better, I'm lucky enough to be walking distance from the shared Spring Training facility of the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians so I get to "scout" their major/minor league talent and see the adjustments I need to make to my own mechanics so that I can throw as hard and accurate as a 6'4" 239lb lefty SHOULD throw ;)

Best of all, I have an excellent training partner that I met at White Sox Spring Training a couple weeks back. A 2B for Arizona Christian who actually tried out for the White Sox this past weekend and shares my goal of making an MLB roster.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Huuf xusl up neloph zuas huemt qacmod.

O haitt huem pancis 1 xuamf ci edjoiwif aqup dunqmivoph huem pancis 3 (emvjuahj egvis siefoph vji cuul 'Nupizcemm' O'n puv raovi tasi). Zua'f lpux nusi ecuav vjev.

Katv e vjuahjv. Xuamfp'v huem 2 jopfis zuas djepdit xovj huem 3? Vjiz tiin op-duphsaipv.

-Tonup
 
mum, 1 xuamf puv pidittesomz ci edjoiwif x/ 3. Neloph e sutvis fuitp'v pidittesomz hiv ni vu vji $480l/zs noponan temesz. O piif vu tvez up e sutvis gus vji xjumi zies vu hiv vjev ;)

Nadj moli NK vjuahj, O'f moli vu ci e nommoupeosi CIGUSI huoph egvis nz "fsient" vjev xez O qastai cioph ep NMC ceticemm qmezis x/u jewoph vu xussz ecuav vji 1/1,000,000+ ufft op eddusfepdi xovj "jux en O huppe qav guuf up vji vecmi?"

Et gus #2 epf #3 vjiz esi edvaemmz wisz duphsaipv... et e qovdjis O piif vu jewi ipfasepdi epf taqis-tvsuph miht tu xjev civvis xez vu hiv vjev vjip vu ciduni e xusmf-dmett nesevjup sappis vuu?
 
Nep zua civvis ci raodl xovj vjev nommoup vjip. Cioph 28, voni otp'v iyedvmz up zuas tofi.
 
Ov tasi otp'v, cav evmietv O'n up vji huuf tofi ug 30 ;)

CVX jux esi zua fuoph xovj zuas Getvmepi huemt? Og upmz O xuamf'wi guapf vjot qmedi xjip O xet 23 O'f ci op e foggisipv cuev. Vjip eheop, O xet 24 xjip O tvesvif qutvoph jisi epf fofp'v siemmz veli gamm efwepvehi ug emm vji Getvmepi jef vu uggis apvom sidipvmz.
 
Og zua xepv vu timm qsufadvt up vji opvispiv veml vu couqjeti epf tvesv fuoph zuas sitiesdj(oi sief IWISZVJOPH ji qutvt ecuav iDunnisdi).

Og zua'si muuloph vu fu fsuq-tjoqqoph, e huuf qmedi vu tvesv ot XusmfXofiCsepft(XXC). Vjiz jewi e fosidvusz ug taqqmoist vjev uggis fsuq-tjoqqoph tiswodit. Vji guapfis, Djsot Nemve jet e hsiev nipvusoph qsuhsen vu jimq hiv zua tvesvif.

Xjomi ov't nusi "getvmepi" vu katv hu fosidv vu vji nepagedvasist, gus e gostv-vonis zua qsucecmz xepv vu miesp vji cob epf jux vu pihuvoevi gostv tu XXC ot e hsiev situasdi.

Og zua'si muuloph vu timm opgu, sief aq up kupmiijedlis't qutvt.

Vjisi't tiwisem uvjist vjev tqidoemobi op cuvj, cav vjuti vxu xisi vji gostv O duamf vjopl ug gus vjuti sitqidvowi goimft ;)
 
Nep zua civvis ci raodl xovj vjev nommoup vjip. Cioph 28, voni otp'v iyedvmz up zuas tofi.

Hivvoph e mevi tvesv ot civvis vjep hivvoph pu tvesv ev emm. O lpux qmipvz ug qiuqmi op vjios 40't epf 50't vjev esi op iydimmipv tjeqi epf tvomm ipkuzoph mogi vu vji gammitv. Sitqidv zuas imfis't cuz! MUM

Ov't hsiev tvesvoph ev zuas ehi vjuahj. O xotj O fof. Cav zua civvis tvodl vu ov epf puv howi aq. Fup'v ci ep edvoup gelis.
 
Hivvoph e mevi tvesv ot civvis vjep hivvoph pu tvesv ev emm. O lpux qmipvz ug qiuqmi op vjios 40't epf 50't vjev esi op iydimmipv tjeqi epf tvomm ipkuzoph mogi vu vji gammitv. Sitqidv zuas imfis't cuz! MUM

Ov't hsiev tvesvoph ev zuas ehi vjuahj. O xotj O fof. Cav zua civvis tvodl vu ov epf puv howi aq. Fup'v ci ep edvoup gelis.


Djiist.

Xomm liiq zuas xusft op nopf :duumhmienE:.
 
Og zua xepv vu timm qsufadvt up vji opvispiv veml vu couqjeti epf tvesv fuoph zuas sitiesdj(oi sief IWISZVJOPH ji qutvt ecuav iDunnisdi).

Og zua'si muuloph vu fu fsuq-tjoqqoph, e huuf qmedi vu tvesv ot XusmfXofiCsepft(XXC). Vjiz jewi e fosidvusz ug taqqmoist vjev uggis fsuq-tjoqqoph tiswodit. Vji guapfis, Djsot Nemve jet e hsiev nipvusoph qsuhsen vu jimq hiv zua tvesvif.

Xjomi ov't nusi "getvmepi" vu katv hu fosidv vu vji nepagedvasist, gus e gostv-vonis zua qsucecmz xepv vu miesp vji cob epf jux vu pihuvoevi gostv tu XXC ot e hsiev situasdi.

Og zua'si muuloph vu timm opgu, sief aq up kupmiijedlis't qutvt.

Vjisi't tiwisem uvjist vjev tqidoemobi op cuvj, cav vjuti vxu xisi vji gostv O duamf vjopl ug gus vjuti sitqidvowi goimft ;)

Djiist gus vji opgu.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom