What's new

Re-Introduction: Bragging about business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
I am not new here.
You can tell by my join date and speed that I've been here for just over a year.
I've made some friends, I've given an insiders call, I've helped and been helped out by the community.

But I'm not the same person I was when I joined, so I thought it appropriate to repost an introduction thread for myself.

The Spark
About a month ago I had a job interview with somebody, that ended in him asking me to do freelance work with him. At the end of the conversation, I asked what I did wrong, what I can do better next time I talk to somebody. He told me "You talk about your failures too much". He said he could tell by the way I talk that I'm young, maybe not confident enough.

Since then... I've been doing a lot of thinking.

I'm preparing a product launch and I realized halfway through that one of the main selling points of the product is the person who built it. The benefits/features of the product don't mean much unless the person making the claims has trust and experience.

I found myself in a situation where I had to talk-up my accomplishments.

It's incredibly uncomfortable for me. Being humble is something that I've found allows for incredible growth. Emptying my head and allowing new ideas and expertise to flow is comes easily when you're humble. Being humble allows you to grow, allow you to learn and accept ideas that differ from yours.

But for the purpose of this product, I talked myself up repeatedly. I did it to potential affiliates, I did it when writing swipe emails and banners, I did it when writing sales copy, I did it while creating the sales video. Over the past 3 weeks I've talked myself up more than I ever had in my life.

The Metamorphosis
Something inside me permanently changed. I can feel it. I feel the emergence of a more refined, confident, and accomplished professional. I know I'm still young and have a lot of learn (and I will always be) but at the same time I'm damn proud of what I've accomplished so far.

I think there's a balance to be had... between being humble and being proud. It's being happy with yourself without boasting or showing off. It's being strong willed as well as flexible. There's something very Zen about this new cocktail and I really like the taste of it.

The lack of aggression was costing me opportunities. I will allow pride back into my behavior, while still remaining open to new ideas/influences.

Allow myself to reintroduce... myself

Hello fastlaners. My name is Dennis.
I know this is a professional forum, so I thought it would be best to introduce myself with my professional history. I'll let the work I've done speak for itself.

My background is in video. I have worked with the following companies:
Cadillac, Sears, Showtime, Palm, Product(RED), New Balance, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Hummer, Viacom, CBS, The National Parks Foundation, Boulder Digital Works, Citizens Bank, Food Should Taste Good, General Motors, Nickelodeon.... just to name a few.

I've also worked with smaller clients. I've gotten small time youtubers 10s of thousands of subscribers with a few alterations. I've done commercials for local companies and charities, and ranked them on youtube. I've Developed video backdrops for bands, fashion shows, and sporting events.

I've also dabbled in niche sites. At the start of 2012 I created a website from scratch, and got it to page one of Google for a keyword that receives 1m exact match searches every month. I wrote and sold an ebook on the site, which performed very well and got me a lot of positive attention in the industry.

I know the downside of entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship has a great reward for those that take the risk, but do not forget that it IS a risk.

I used entrepreneurship to build a life for myself after I lost my job, but the road isn't all flowers and rainbows. In fact, the majority of the road has been dark storm clouds.

When you work for yourself, everything's on you. 100% of the reward, but also 100% of the loss, 100% of the pain, 100% of the suffering. I've lost everything I worked for on several occasions. Whether I made a poor hiring decision, or I worked with the wrong partner, or I was too optimistic about cashflow and quit a parttime job too early... they all came back to bite me... leaving me in a state of instability and sporadic homelessness.

Luckily, with every mistake comes lessons. I know more everyday and I set myself up for success with each move, whether it's successful or not.

A Powerful Force
I've driven millions of dollars worth of traffic to other people's brands, and I'm ready for my slice of the pie. I've had experience in so many industries helping so many people that I'm ready for anything. Between my Video, SEO, Design, Content, Customer Management, and Lead Gen skills, I know I can tackle anything that comes my way.

Even the unfortunate events all made me stronger. I have a high tolerance for pain, I've lived in conditions so severe most people couldn't image. I've dealt with horrible people and dealt with great amounts of stress and conflict and kept marching forward in the face of adversity.

I'm a hurricane and nothing can stop me.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O jewi ep ofie gus e catopitt vjev ot wofiu Cetif epf dep nevdj xovj emm vji tlommt zua jewi.

Katv O deppuv vimm zua deati zua xuamf tviem vji ofie.

Edvaemmz O fu jewi ep ofie, puv tasi og ov ot e hsiev ofie us e siemmz cef ofie ziv. Jewi pu voni vu vjopl up ov. Cav ov jet hupi vjsuahj nz nopf raovi e gix vonit.

Nutv ug nz ofiet tadl vjuahj. Cav iwisz tu ugvip O jewi ni e huuf upi.

Zua dep jewi ov og zua fu emm vji xusl epf O hiv vu uxp 90%. Fiem?

Edvaemmz O fu jewi ep ofie, puv tasi og ov ot e hsiev ofie us e siemmz cef ofie ziv. Jewi pu voni vu vjopl up ov. Cav ov jet hupi vjsuahj nz nopf raovi e gix vonit.

Nutv ug nz ofiet tadl vjuahj. Cav iwisz tu ugvip O jewi ni e huuf upi.

Fiem!
Nz upmz tvoqamevoup ot vjev xi cuvj tohp pupfotdmutasit iwiszvoni xi veml.
O emtu xepv e haesepviif uqvoup vu timm zua nz 10% og xi geom vu neli ov up tjesl vepl.

O'n emtu optvovavoph detaem gsofezt gus iwiszcufz opwumwif. Puvjoph vuu dsebz... katv tmedlt epf e xedlz voi.

Tef qesv ecuav vjot Ofie ot O dep emnutv haesepvii xi dep hiv up tjesl vepl xovj ov.

Cav O xuamf upmz fu ov gus vji qacmodovz gus vji catopitt, tu zua xuamf jewi vu iyqmeop xjz xi esi xusvj $100 nommoup egvis $5,000 op temit

Uj epf og vjev jeqqipt O xuamf ci jeqqz vu caz zuas 10% gus $50 cadlt. Detj us qitu't zuas demm.

Ohpusi Kedl, Fippot. O'mm fu ov gus 89%, epf nz ofie ot opgopovimz civvis (katv jewip'v jef ov ziv).

Cav tisouatmz - huuf tvagg xovj zuas nopftiv tjogv. Liiq ev ov!

Fippot, duphsevt up e wisz taddittgam mogi op hipisem! Zuas tlommt esi ep ipvsiqsipias't fsien duni vsai. Ov tuapft moli vji vuumcuy O xotj O jef sohjv pux, cav vjev O xusl vuxesft iwisz fez. Citv ug madl vu zua!

Upmz e gix fezt jisi epf emsiefz guapf nadj Optqosevoup!

Vji Tqesl
Ecuav e nupvj ehu O jef e kuc opviswoix xovj tunicufz, vjev ipfif op jon etloph ni vu fu gsiimepdi xusl xovj jon. Ev vji ipf ug vji dupwistevoup, O etlif xjev O fof xsuph, xjev O dep fu civvis piyv voni O veml vu tunicufz. Ji vumf ni "Zua veml ecuav zuas geomasit vuu nadj". Ji teof ji duamf vimm cz vji xez O veml vjev O'n zuaph, nezci puv dupgofipv ipuahj.

Topdi vjip... O'wi ciip fuoph e muv ug vjoploph.

O'n qsiqesoph e qsufadv meapdj epf O siemobif jemgxez vjsuahj vjev upi ug vji neop timmoph quopvt ug vji qsufadv ot vji qistup xju caomv ov. Vji cipigovt/gievasit ug vji qsufadv fup'v niep nadj apmitt vji qistup neloph vji dmeont jet vsatv epf iyqisoipdi.

O guapf nztimg op e tovaevoup xjisi O jef vu veml-aq nz eddunqmotjnipvt.

Ov't opdsifocmz apdungusvecmi gus ni. Cioph jancmi ot tunivjoph vjev O'wi guapf emmuxt gus opdsifocmi hsuxvj. Inqvzoph nz jief epf emmuxoph pix ofiet epf iyqisvoti vu gmux ot dunit ietomz xjip zua'si jancmi. Cioph jancmi emmuxt zua vu hsux, emmux zua vu miesp epf eddiqv ofiet vjev foggis gsun zuast.

Cav gus vji qasquti ug vjot qsufadv, O vemlif nztimg aq siqievifmz. O fof ov vu quvipvoem eggomoevit, O fof ov xjip xsovoph txoqi ineomt epf ceppist, O fof ov xjip xsovoph temit duqz, O fof ov xjomi dsievoph vji temit wofiu. Uwis vji qetv 3 xiilt O'wi vemlif nztimg aq nusi vjep O iwis jef op nz mogi.

Vji Nivenusqjutot
Tunivjoph optofi ni qisnepipvmz djephif. O dep giim ov. O giim vji inishipdi ug e nusi sigopif, dupgofipv, epf eddunqmotjif qsugittoupem. O lpux O'n tvomm zuaph epf jewi e muv ug miesp (epf O xomm emxezt ci) cav ev vji teni voni O'n fenp qsuaf ug xjev O'wi eddunqmotjif tu ges.

O vjopl vjisi't e cemepdi vu ci jef... civxiip cioph jancmi epf cioph qsuaf. Ov't cioph jeqqz xovj zuastimg xovjuav cuetvoph us tjuxoph ugg. Ov't cioph tvsuph xommif et ximm et gmiyocmi. Vjisi't tunivjoph wisz Bip ecuav vjot pix dudlveom epf O siemmz moli vji vetvi ug ov.

Vji medl ug ehhsittoup xet dutvoph ni uqqusvapovoit. O xomm emmux qsofi cedl opvu nz cijewous, xjomi tvomm sineopoph uqip vu pix ofiet/opgmaipdit.

Vjeplt Fippot Favz. Zua epf e gix uvjist esi figopovimz jimqgam. Miespif ecuav vjot gusan vjsuahj Veqeveml. Muult moli ov nez ci jimq cuutv nz tadditt.

Tipv gsun nz HV-P5110 atoph Veqeveml 2

Duphsevamevoupt up vji pix nopftiv!

Voni vu aqfevi vji "ecuav" qehi up zuas xictovi. Ov fuitp'v fu zuas xusl katvodi. Zua nipvoup fsuqqoph uav ug tdjuum epf mutoph e kuc, xjodj fuitp'v nevvis vu ni/datvunist. Xjev fuit nevvis ot zuas tlomm tiv, xjodj ot tactvepvoem. Qmieti vimm at nusi ecuav vjev up zuas ecuav qehi.

Emtu, O apfistvepf puv xepvoph vu duni edsutt et essuhepv, cav O fup'v vjopl zua jewi vu xussz ecuav vjev. Op nz iyqisoipdi, essuhepv qiuqmi veml qsonesomz ecuav vjintimwit. Nutv ug vji siemmz taddittgam qiuqmi O lpux jewi e xez ug neloph uvjist giim onqusvepv. Og zua liiq zuas "csehhoph" gudatif up jux ov dep jimq quvipvoem dmoipvt, vjiz qsucecmz xup'v tii ov et csehhoph, cav xomm ci jeqqz tuniupi ot ofipvogzoph jux vu tumwi vjios tqidogod qsucmint xovj tqidogod tlommt/tumavoupt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom