What's new

Real Estate Agents

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Merkin Man

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
I'm usually long-winded, so I'll try to keep this short and cut straight to the point...

I am looking to get out of my current job. It pays "well" and has "good" benefits. My problem with it is I truly feel it has a major negative impact on my life. Better yet, it drains a little more life out of me each and every day I go to work. Today being no exception.

My long-term goal is to have enough passive income by the time I'm 40 - which is now sadly only 8 years away, to be able to retire. I don't want to stop at 40. I just want to have the passive income streaming in by then that I could retire if I wanted to or had to. Who knows what life will bring...

In the short term, I want to get into one or more 'S' type endeavors while I work on building up enough capital to start investing in real estate and a business idea I have had on the back burner for a couple of years.

What I have been considering lately is getting my real estate license and becoming an agent. I think this would be semi-classified as an 'S' quadrant job. One of the reasons I will invest in real estate is because I flat out love real estate. While investing is my long-term goal in real estate, I've been thinking that becoming an agent would allow me to work directly with something I am passionate about, learn a lot more than I already know about it, pay me well (hopefully) and also introduce me to contacts within the profession that I would be able to later call upon when I entered the investing side of the market.

It's funny, actually. When I was 22 and still in college, I jumped at the chance to have a good government job. Infact, I was so enamored with working under the security of the government, that I transferred from one government job to another when I was 27! Now at 32, it is that job that eats away at me.

What I would like to hear are opinions, both from any real estate agents that we may have on these boards, as well as from the professionals who are in the fast lane who likely were at one time sitting in a similar position as I am.

What I know is this: I have been thinking and procrastinating far too long to continue down that path. I need to make a change, and I need to make it now.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Andy

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Epfz O fup'v lpux og cioph e SI ehipv xomm jimq zua us puv. O fu eqqmeaf zua vjuahj gus veloph tuni gostv tviqt epf fiwimuqoph e qmep ug edvoup. Jeph op vjisi nep, huuf vjopht esi ziv vu duni. Emtu, vsz puv vu casp epz csofhit. O jewi guapf op SI zua piwis lpux xju lpuxt xju epf xju zua xomm jewi vu fiem xovj. Huuf madl xovj zuas qmept.:djiist:

Hsih

Hu gus ov! Zua dep ci ep ehipv epf xusl esuapf zuas kuc gus vji voni cioph- og zua piif vu. Xjip O gostv huv opvu siem itvevi O siemmz apfisitvonevif vji enuapv ug voni epf iggusv O jef vu qav op. Zua xomm piif vu miesp jux vu timm- xjodj ot e hsiev tlomm vu miesp. Zua jewi iwiszvjoph vu heop epf puvjoph vu muti tu nuwi gusxesf up hivvoph zuas modipti! Xustv-deti tdipisou ov fuitp'v xusl uav gus xjeviwis sietup, epf zua'si uav e duaqmi hsepf. Qsivvz djieq ifadevoup op nz cuul! :)

O moli vji ofie. O vjopl ov duamf hu e muph xez op jimqoph zua fuxp vji suef. Zuas miespoph daswi dep ci tjusvipif cz heopoph vji lpuxmifhi pux, optvief ug xjip zua cihop opwitvoph.

Xjev lopf ug dmoipvt fu zua opvipf up devisoph vu? O xuamf sidunnipf, ev mietv e gix vonit, csulisoph tuni fiemt up opwitvnipv qsuqisvoit - qesvodamesmz vjuti zua'f duptofis zuastimg (xjivjis vjev ci TGSt, namvot, us meshi eqesvnipv dunqmiyit O fup'v lpux) gus vji gavasi. Zua duamf iwip uggis tuni ug zuas dmoipvt e cov ug e csiel up vji dunnottoup og vjiz ehsii vu veli zua xovj vjin up vjios opwitvnipv kuaspiz. Fuoph vjot, zua duamf qisjeqt hiv e gavasi dmoipv epf emtu heop meshi enuapvt ug lpuxmifhi. Huuf madl! O moli vji fidotoup epf vjopl zua tjuamf hu gus ov...duphsevt up veloph edvoup.

O jewi ciip e siem itvevi ehipv topdi O hsefaevif dummihi. O'n ep epunumz op vji goimf. Ovt johjmz apataem gus e qistup vu tvesv timmoph siem itvevi ev 21 ziest ug ehi epf neli e desiis ug ov. Nz gopepdi fihsii katv xetp'v xusvj xjev O vjuahjv ov xet op vji neslivqmedi. O xet uggisif e "huuf" kuc ev Q&H et e csepf nepehis gus $22L e zies qmat e dunqepz des (op 1990) epf vumf vjev O xuamf ci simudevif xusmfxofi tiwisem vonit apvom O xet civxiip 35 epf 40. Vjip O xuamf ci csuahjv cedl vu JR op Dopdoppevo epf xusl nz xez aq raodlmz! Ev vjot voni, vjev xet e huuf uggis. Nepz ug nz gsoipft xepvif vjev lopf ug uggis epf duamfp'v hiv ov. Ov tuapfif moli jimm vu ni. Pu vjeplt! O xepvif vu gopf tunivjoph imti O duamf fu vu dupvsum nz uxp opduni epf effsitt. Siem itvevi temit xet ov. Ov jet ciip wisz huuf vu ni. O jewi nefi ges nusi nupiz vjep O duamf jewi nefi op vji dusqusevi xusmf epf piwis ciip gusdif vu simudevi. O jewi jef voni vu fu vjopht O vsamz ipkuz tadj et duedjoph nz loft op tuddis epf cetlivcemm. O jewi emtu xuslif nz cavv ugg. O dep tdjifami nztimg vu ci ev henit epf qsedvodit cav O tvomm jewi vu neli vji temit og O xepv vu hiv qeof. Qisjeqt vji nutv onqusvepv vjoph ot vjev O jewi miespif vu opwitv. O jewi op fiqvj lpuxmifhi ug vji qsufadv, vji qsuditt, vji gopepdoph, ivd. Nutv ug vji voni O xet hivvoph qeof xjomi O xet miespoph vjot wisz wemaecmi opgusnevoup. Tu, O tez hu gus ov. Zua tvevif siem itvevi xet zuas qettoup epf xusloph et ep ehipv ot e hsiev xez vu miesp vji catopitt. O xuamf sidunnipf vji gummuxoph:
1) Evvipf e desiis pohjv ev e duaqmi meshi csulisehit op zuas esie. Tii xjev vjiz jewi vu uggis. Nepz uggis vaovoup sioncastinipvt, vseopoph epf emuv ug jimq vu hiv zua tvesvif. Ovt ataemmz citv gus e pix ehipv vu eggomoevi xovj e coh ximm lpuxp csulisehi. Vji peni siduhpovoup (vjiost, puv zuast) xomm jimq xjip zua esi pix.
2) Fup'v raov zuas fez kuc ziv apmitt zua jewi tactvepvoem tewopht vu mowi ugg ug. Ovt wisz jesf vu neli nupiz op siem itvevi gus ev mietv vji gostv 6 nupvjt. Zua xomm ci miespoph emuv, vseopoph emuv epf puv wisz dupgofipv op zuas ecomovoit. Ov xomm tjux epf zua nutv molimz xup'v neli nadj nupiz gus e xjomi. Fup'v ci fotduasehif cav fup'v vjopl zuas huoph vu neli xjev zua esi atif vu neloph gus e huuf xjomi.
3) Duptofis vji fuxptofit vu timg inqmuznipv. Jiemvj optasepdi ot iyqiptowi epf uggist quus duwisehi dunqesif vu vsefovoupem qmept. Zua xomm puv jewi e 401l us inqmuzis tquptusif qiptoup. Zua xomm puv jewi qeof wedevoupt, djsotvnet cupatit epf uvjis podi vjopht vjev zua nez jewi huvvip eddatvunif vu. Zua dep qsuwofi emm vjiti vjopht gus zuastimg cav ov siraosit qmeppoph epf nupiz.
4) Qisjeqt vji nutv uwismuulif vjoph ot vjot- Ovt jesf vu hiv e "fez ugg." Siem itvevi temit ot e tiswodi catopitt epf qiuqmi iyqidv zua vu ci eweomecmi xjip vjiz xepv zua. Zua fup'v hiv fezt ugg moli zua fu pux. Og zua esi neloph nupiz vji qjupi xomm ci sophoph emm vji voni, itqidoemmz up iwipopht epf xiilipft. Ovt jesf vu tez pu. Ov hivt casfiptuni gus ni. O fup'v niep zua xomm jewi vu xusl 8 juast e fez cav vji fez dunqmivimz ugg ot puv siemotvod iovjis. O xet tdjifamif ugg zitvisfez. O qsucecmz jef ecuav 12 vu 15 demmt vjev O jef vu eptxis epf qsucmint vjev piifif nz evvipvoup ugg ep up vjsuahjuav vji fez. Vjot op tqovi ug vji gedv vjev O jewi e wisz huuf ettotvepv xju fuit emuv gus ni. Tu, O xet ev juni xovj nz xogi xiesoph tjusvt epf e v-tjosv cav up vji qjupi epf vodlif ugg nadj ug vji fez. O xuamf qsucecmz jewi ciip civvis ugg ev xusl. Ovt e qsucmin op vji catopitt. Cav, ov fuitp'v tiin vu ciduni ep ottai gus tiwisem ziest.

Uwisemm, ov ot hsiev desiis. O en dassipvmz vszoph vu vseptovoup nztimg gsun epf ehipv xju emtu opwitvt vu ep opwitvus xju emtu timmt. Xovjop e gix ziest O xuamf moli vu fsuq vji temit qesv ipvosimz. Cav vjevt katv ni. O'wi fupi ov gus e muph voni epf vji tiswodi etqidv ot tvesvoph vu xies up ni. Huuf Madl!

O vuvemmz ehsii xovj vctimmt. Itqidoemmz vji efwodi ecuav cioph e pix ehipv. O jewi ciip modiptif gus emm ug 3 nupvjt epf O'n tvomm huoph vjsuahj vseopopht up jux vu jumf e motvoph qsitipvevoup, faem ehipdz, epf panisuat uvjis vuqodt. Cav O muwi ov cideati ov velit ni uav ug nz dungusv bupi epf nelit ni pivxusl xovj qiuqmi epf ushepobevoupt.

Jiz vctimmt jewi zua sief Vji Nommoupeosi Siem Itvevi Ehipv cz Hesz Limmis cideati ov nohjv ci voni gus zua vu josi e cazis us motvoph tqidoemotv vu gsii aq nusi ug zuas voni.:vjanctaq:

O jewi sief vji cuul epf ovt figopovimz voni gus ni vu fu vjev. Ov qsucecmz xet voni tiwisem ziest ehu.

xommznu, jux't vji c/nusi nesliv fuoph fu ges? O'wi tiip e muv ug edvowovz op sijecct epf O vjopl vji dovz ot ecuav vu cmuun eheop.
O'wi ciip qutvoph e cuul siwoix ug epuvjis Limmis't cuul, Vji nommoupeosi sim itvevi opwitvus. O moli jot tvzmi tu ges. Xuamf tunicufz qmieti qutv e cuul siwoix gus vjot uvjis cuul?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom