The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Respect the process

Anything related to matters of the mind

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
Right now I'm in the midst of launching a new media company and training a new employee. I developed standard SODs (standard operating documents), that should ensure they're able to start working immediately according to the guidelines I created. My management style is always to empower people to do great work, be completely hands off and demand results. Only the strong survive, A-Players only work with A-Players type of thing.

Working in a completely virtual environment is difficult. It's great once it's setup but for training, company culture, etc it's a pain in the a$$. So when we're going through a lot of different systems, requirements, and project work - we're hitting snags. Things are getting held up, time zones are delaying communication and there are bottlenecks preventing us from really pushing forward.

But you know what...

I'm running a profitable e-commerce business.

I'm currently writing this from my service apartment in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (cleaned daily, fresh sheets, laundry, etc) for $400 per month (expensive end).

I have the freedom to do almost anything that I want.

Instead of getting upset, frustrated or trying to do the work myself (slowlane) - I'm getting back to what I like to call respect the process.

All things that are great take time to develop. Relationships, trust, business deals, none of these things happen overnight. There's a process for everything.

Getting back to respecting the process is acknowledging that there are always going to be certain things out of my control and it's my job to creatively overcome the challenges presented. There are no quick solutions or easy ways out.

So whether you're building your business, trying to develop a new skill or training an employee... whatever it might be respect that the fact that what you're doing is going to take time. Instead of letting the snags get your down, look at them as challenges instead.

Respect the process, optimize the flow and maximize output.

Sorry for all of the buzzwords :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.