What's new

Scaling a backyard dog poop scooping company nationally Fastlane style

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

PJEntrePOOneur

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hey everyone! I’m a longtime lurker and a big fan of the book.

I’ve been the marketing agency world the last several years working for agency’s. I started my own in October and stumbled on a long forgotten niche - pooper scooper service businesses.

I actually owned one as my first business when I was in elementary school and middle school.

Anyway I quickly mastered generating and converting leads after 3 months. I brought on a few clients and still have them.

But I’m looking to get out of the agency space. I’m just kind of sick of it. Instead of using my skills on other peoples businesses I want to use them to build my own.

I want to get back into the poop scooping business.

I’ve been running Ads that acquire new customers for my clients at $18 to $35 each. The lifetime of those customers will be minimum $2,000 to almost $3,000.

People rarely cancel and when they do it’s because they are moving or their dog died. It’s not uncommon for people to stay four years plus with the service.

It’s an EXTREMELY fragmented industry with tiny operators scattered sparsely around the country. Many are solo operators. After immersing myself in the industry and making a lot of friends in it I’ve learned that many purposefully just don’t want to expand beyond themself and one or two employees. One person can scoop 110 yards a week so that’s where most max out at.

But there are some big companies in the space. I have one by me in the DC/Virginia area that does $800k a year with 800 clients. There’s also a couple franchises with the biggest of them having 65 locations.

I just see a ton of blue ocean that’s ripe for the taking. I also see a ton of terrible marketing from the existing companies. I’m just not sure how to structure it so it’s a fastlane type business.

It’s a business with massive appeal among dog owners. Millennial women (25 to 44) are the main customers.

My original idea was to go to lawn care and landscapers across the country and get them to offer the service and then basically white label/subcontract the service from them for fulfillment. I’d generate the leads and sign them up and rely on the lawn care company to fulfill.

I quickly learned that they bill way too much an hour for it to be work their time.

Then I read a book by Paul Orfalea who founded Kinko’s. What he did was amazing. Instead of franchising he set up each store as a partnership where he was the majority/controlling owner. He had 1,200 locations owned by him and 130 partners. Some owned one store and some owned 100.

Bingo! (Or so I thought). I could bring on a partner in each location to handle operations. Each location would be a subsidiary of the main LLC. I would own 51% of it and the partner would own 49%.

I stared pursuing this and found several junk removal company owners throughout Florida who are eager and interested.

One of my clients does something similar. He is in Pennsylvania and started in one county and then expanded county by county by partnering with one person in each for operations. He has 3 locations plus his main one. Each location is under the same company/brand but in a different LLC

My friends who are entrepreneurs think the partnerships a terrible idea with too much risk.

One of my good friends who is an entrepreneur who I highly admire is pushing me to “not go near partnerships with a ten foot pole” (her words). She’s pushing me towards affiliate type deals where I’d just sign deals for these companies to just fulfill the services for the clients I sign.

I know I could just hire 1099 contractors but all my contacts who own companies in this industry advise against it because it’s technically illegal if you’re telling them what time to be somewhere.

Last edited:
Xjz puv katv josi zuas uxp inqmuziit? Ov xomm jewi vji citv neshopt epf vji nutv dupvsum.

Ov ot puv tunivjoph vjev siraosit e muv ug vseopoph, zua fup'v piif e caomfoph/xesijuati tu pu uwisjief, epf inqmuziit dep ati vjios uxp dest.

Zua dep ati fotqevdjoph tugvxesi vu vsedl inqmuziit epf tdjifami vji tiswodit.

Xjz puv katv josi zuas uxp inqmuziit? Ov xomm jewi vji citv neshopt epf vji nutv dupvsum.

Ov ot puv tunivjoph vjev siraosit e muv ug vseopoph, zua fup'v piif e caomfoph/xesijuati tu pu uwisjief, epf inqmuziit dep ati vjios uxp dest.

Zua dep ati fotqevdjoph tugvxesi vu vsedl inqmuziit epf tdjifami vji tiswodit.
Vxu sietupt. Vji gostv ot cideati vji gostv mudevoupt xomm ci op Gmusofe epf O’n op Neszmepf. Vji tidupf ot cideati O’n e coh gep epf gummuxis ug Kez Ecsejen epf xepvif vu vsz vu miwisehi iyotvoph situasdit (uvjis dunqepoit inqmuziit, qezsumm, optasepdi, ivd.)

Vxu sietupt. Vji gostv ot cideati vji gostv mudevoupt xomm ci op Gmusofe epf O’n op Neszmepf. Vji tidupf ot cideati O’n e coh gep epf gummuxis ug Kez Ecsejen epf xepvif vu vsz vu miwisehi iyotvoph situasdit (uvjis dunqepoit inqmuziit, qezsumm, optasepdi, ivd.)
O dep simevi vu xepvoph vu miwisehi iyotvoph situasdit cideati O fu ov op nz uxp catopitt. O uavtuasdi tiswodit vu uvjis dunqepoit epf vsatv ni xjip O tez ov jet e muv ug ov't uxp qsucmint.

Ev vji ipf ug vji fez pucufz ot huoph vu desi nusi ecuav zuas catopitt vjep zua, tu xjip zua uavtuasdi tiswodit vu uvjis dunqepoit vjiz xup'v desi et nadj et zua. Vjiz xomm tjux aq mevi, puv ev emm, ivd.

O tvesvif xovj vjot nufim epf O en vszoph vu nuwi exez gsun ov vu tunivjoph vjev jet nusi dupvsum tu O dep qsuwofi e civvis tiswodi vu nz datvunist.

Vjev't katv nz iyqisoipdi vjuahj epf ov't op e xez foggisipv opfatvsz tu zuas sitamvt nez ci foggisipv.

Ot vjot Qivis Tvismoph, gsun Iesvj Dmiepist?

O muwi vji UQ't ofie, cav o'n tasqsotif vji mepftdeqoph qesvpistjoq ofie xuamf puv xusl. @QKIpvsiQUUpias fuit ov neli tipti vu tvesv zuas uxp mepftdeqoph catopitt vjip duncopi ov xovj vji quuqis tduuqis catopitt?

O'n op vji FD esie et ximm cvx

O muwi vji UQ't ofie, cav o'n tasqsotif vji mepftdeqoph qesvpistjoq ofie xuamf puv xusl. @QKIpvsiQUUpias fuit ov neli tipti vu tvesv zuas uxp mepftdeqoph catopitt vjip duncopi ov xovj vji quuqis tduuqis catopitt?

O'n op vji FD esie et ximm cvx
O vjopl ov fiqipft up vji esie gus mepftdeqoph. Gmusofe ot qsivvz johj ipf mepftdeqoph wistat katv tvseohjv mexp nuxoph. O emtu jef e qitv dupvsum dunqepz vjev xet ximm itvecmotjif opvisitvif cav eqqesipvmz vjev opfatvsz jet e coh mecus tjusvehi

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom