The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling my car detailing business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Something just changed and things are going crazy!!!!!

I’m way too booked up now and have 3 friends who do some details for me and also a new illegal contract employee.

A new fb ad Im running is going at a 6-8x ROI which is insane! These are my ideal clients as well! My Google page has been getting multiple calls a day and I’ve been booking in cheap shit customers from there as well.

Acquisition is going great, fulfillment is going bad. My friends are unreliable (they don’t even have cars so that’s why) and my employee who has HIS OWN DETAILING BUSINESS does shit jobs so I had to fire him today.

I want to focus my time on high leverage tasks and leave the labour to someone else. I’m gonna hire a real well-paid employee to do my FB jobs (ideal clients), and then I’ll drive my friends around doing the shit cheap jobs and while they do jobs I’ll be on my laptop focusing on high leverage activities like ads and systems.
Can you pivot to selling the leads/jobs to others that you can't get to yourself for now while you work on slowly scaling up employees?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2023
wow.

I've been reading this thread for some insights incase I want to start my own mobile car detailing biz, and one thing i realized is that the buying power compared to where I live is pretty big.

199$ for a detailing job is like half the average monthly salary where I live, usually people here charge around 10 - 20$ for a full interior and exterior detailing job.

I've been thinking about starting a mobile car detailing biz since there is currently none where I live, but considering the profit margins I'm not sure how scalable it would be, although I know there are definitely people who are able to afford a more expensive service. I don't really see why they would since they could just drive to a carwash and get it done for like 10 bucks.

idk, any thoughts?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
wow.

I've been reading this thread for some insights incase I want to start my own mobile car detailing biz, and one thing i realized is that the buying power compared to where I live is pretty big.

199$ for a detailing job is like half the average monthly salary where I live, usually people here charge around 10 - 20$ for a full interior and exterior detailing job.

I've been thinking about starting a mobile car detailing biz since there is currently none where I live, but considering the profit margins I'm not sure how scalable it would be, although I know there are definitely people who are able to afford a more expensive service. I don't really see why they would since they could just drive to a carwash and get it done for like 10 bucks.

idk, any thoughts?
If it’s mobile, can you travel to a higher income area?

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2023
If it’s mobile, can you travel to a higher income area?
yeah I believe I can. a benefit i have is that everybody where I live mostly knows everyone (english speakers)

i just have to figure out how to market my biz to the right people and i guess make my brand feel premium by providing big value in someway. although i feel that i need to validate if a mobile detailing biz is really needed, since i don't want to start buying equipment just for the biz to fail.

I've looked at google trends and the search term "mobile car detailing" has no results in my country, but the search term "car wash (my city)" or "car wash near me" seems to have at least some people searching for it.

I know probably the best way to know if this will work or not is to just start, but I can't really afford to fail.

also d2d sales isn't really a thing in my country, its hard to explain but most of the people who have an average looking house are considered rich and almost all of them have helpers (which is basically a maid/butler) who answer the door for them instead of the actually owner.

incase you ask what i mean by "average looking house" just search up small house or house on google and that's what i mean.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
You’re thinking way too much.

i just have to figure out how to market my biz to the right people and i guess make my brand feel premium by providing big value in someway.
Nope. That can come later. Focus on getting 1 job THIS WEEK and you’ll be 10x better off.

although i feel that i need to validate if a mobile detailing biz is really needed, since i don't want to start buying equipment just for the biz to fail.
Easy. Start marketing to validate the idea and only buy equipment once you get bookings.

I've looked at google trends and the search term "mobile car detailing" has no results in my country, but the search term "car wash (my city)" or "car wash near me" seems to have at least some people searching for it.
Same here for me. My city gets like 30 searches a month for mobile car detailing since no one really knows about mobile. This means you have the advantage of separating yourself from normal car washes.

I know probably the best way to know if this will work or not is to just start
Correct

, but I can't really afford to fail.
If you knock 100 doors today offering your services what do you lose?

also d2d sales isn't really a thing in my country, its hard to explain but most of the people who have an average looking house are considered rich and almost all of them have helpers (which is basically a maid/butler) who answer the door for them instead of the actually owner.
A loser will give the reasons why he can’t do something and a winner will give the reasons why he can. It seems like your default is saying why X won’t work. Instead ask yourself “how can I make this work?”

“Everyone is rich and they already have helpers answering the door.” This proves that these home owners want to hire people to help them with things. This is perfect for mobile detailing. Contact the homeowners through the helper, online, or through their mail. No more excuses.

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2023
You’re thinking way too much.

Nope. That can come later. Focus on getting 1 job THIS WEEK and you’ll be 10x better off.

Easy. Start marketing to validate the idea and only buy equipment once you get bookings.

Same here for me. My city gets like 30 searches a month for mobile car detailing since no one really knows about mobile. This means you have the advantage of separating yourself from normal car washes.

Correct

If you knock 100 doors today offering your services what do you lose?

A loser will give the reasons why he can’t do something and a winner will give the reasons why he can. It seems like your default is saying why X won’t work. Instead ask yourself “how can I make this work?”

“Everyone is rich and they already have helpers answering the door.” This proves that these home owners want to hire people to help them with things. This is perfect for mobile detailing. Contact the homeowners through the helper, online, or through their mail. No more excuses.
Thanks man, really appreciate your perspective on this!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.