- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
This is a mistake I made with my business in the past....
In 2013-2014, I discovered a way to rank my apps on the first position of the app store, and quickly grew an app company to 942,000 users, with little effort.
Around that time, I also remember the days where a lot of the "tricks" used in paid advertising that got a lot of clicks through Facebook (and other) ads.
Because these things worked for me in the past, I continued to do the same things I've been doing up until that point.
They worked.
They worked.
They worked.
...until they stopped working.
Running into a brick wall and getting knocked out (in real life, it's actually worse than it sounds) - woke me up to realize that I kept trying to rebuild a business with things that worked in the past.
Today, a friend of mine told me she was going to use Twitter as her go-to social media source. I remember watching a Gary Vee video the other day saying how the reach of Twitter is nothing like it's used to, and his millions of fans on there do not convert anywhere close to how they used to.
When I interviewed the CEO of Real Social Dynamics the other month, he said one of the key things for his business success is to always be one of the first people to ride the new wave...the new trends...always be innovating. When Facebook organic reach went down, he was on Instagram, when Snapchat started to trend, his team got right on it.
Whenever the next thing comes out and you hear about it, his company is probably already using it...
Not only with marketing, but with content delivery, the way he runs his seminars, and his entire business.
The world is moving very fast and if you don't change constantly, you'll be left behind.
It's all too easy to get caught up in the things that have been working for so long...but they only work up until a point.
Going Forward
Now, I'm constantly looking for the new and trending thing. Doing things I haven't done before. Not getting caught in a 'holding pattern' of things that worked in the past. Find out what is working for others, not yesterday...but now.
Some things I still do, and I still hold those rankings on the app store for my magazine app, but it's not the same.
On top of the organic rankings, I'm including evergreen, ever-lasting marketing strategies, with much better results than I used to.
It's late at night when I'm writing this, and it's been a long day...so I don't know if you can fully grasp what I mean
But the world is moving very quickly.
Don't get left behind in the past.
In 2013-2014, I discovered a way to rank my apps on the first position of the app store, and quickly grew an app company to 942,000 users, with little effort.
Around that time, I also remember the days where a lot of the "tricks" used in paid advertising that got a lot of clicks through Facebook (and other) ads.
Because these things worked for me in the past, I continued to do the same things I've been doing up until that point.
They worked.
They worked.
They worked.
...until they stopped working.
Running into a brick wall and getting knocked out (in real life, it's actually worse than it sounds) - woke me up to realize that I kept trying to rebuild a business with things that worked in the past.
Today, a friend of mine told me she was going to use Twitter as her go-to social media source. I remember watching a Gary Vee video the other day saying how the reach of Twitter is nothing like it's used to, and his millions of fans on there do not convert anywhere close to how they used to.
When I interviewed the CEO of Real Social Dynamics the other month, he said one of the key things for his business success is to always be one of the first people to ride the new wave...the new trends...always be innovating. When Facebook organic reach went down, he was on Instagram, when Snapchat started to trend, his team got right on it.
Whenever the next thing comes out and you hear about it, his company is probably already using it...
Not only with marketing, but with content delivery, the way he runs his seminars, and his entire business.
The world is moving very fast and if you don't change constantly, you'll be left behind.
It's all too easy to get caught up in the things that have been working for so long...but they only work up until a point.
Going Forward
Now, I'm constantly looking for the new and trending thing. Doing things I haven't done before. Not getting caught in a 'holding pattern' of things that worked in the past. Find out what is working for others, not yesterday...but now.
Some things I still do, and I still hold those rankings on the app store for my magazine app, but it's not the same.
On top of the organic rankings, I'm including evergreen, ever-lasting marketing strategies, with much better results than I used to.
It's late at night when I'm writing this, and it's been a long day...so I don't know if you can fully grasp what I mean
But the world is moving very quickly.
Don't get left behind in the past.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
