- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 348
Rep Bank
$1,105
$1,105
User Power: 113%
I've recently been faced with a dilemma and I'd like to get some input from those who have gone through this situation already and maybe I can learn from your experiences. I am at the point where I am really thinking about moving out. The main dilemma here is to rent a small apartment which will not encompass my needs for around 700-1000 a month(the going rate for an apartment in a decent area around here), or buy a foreclosed house and live in it while rehabbing it. The market is at a low and if I buy now and invest some money It can only appreciate from here I'm assuming, at least in the long run. I do possess the skills to renovate most of a home.
Buying a house:
-acquiring dept
-borrowing money to repair it, or moving very slowly working off my paychecks
-taxes
-will eat up all of my time repairing it so my business will basically be put in the faith that if the market recovers I can make my money back or then some
+Will have enough room for a bedroom, kitchen, and my exercise equipment
+plenty of room for my vehicles, and privacy
+country enviroment
+I actually own something so I don't feel as if I'm throwing money away
+Has land, my release is being outdoors
Renting an appartment:
-throwing money down the drain as I will never own it
-I will have to travel to my parents house to exercise as there won't be enough room
-limited parking and storage
-A cheaper house will have a comparable mortgage to the price of rent
-those in a country setting will cost more
+dept free
+can leave at any moment as I'm attached to nothing financially
So if you could go back, what would you do in this situation, or what did you do so I can learn from it. There's also the option of suck it up, and be a minimalists until you make it, but after all it's about the journey right. I have to enjoy the present not just have all of my faith in the future.
Buying a house:
-acquiring dept
-borrowing money to repair it, or moving very slowly working off my paychecks
-taxes
-will eat up all of my time repairing it so my business will basically be put in the faith that if the market recovers I can make my money back or then some
+Will have enough room for a bedroom, kitchen, and my exercise equipment
+plenty of room for my vehicles, and privacy
+country enviroment
+I actually own something so I don't feel as if I'm throwing money away
+Has land, my release is being outdoors
Renting an appartment:
-throwing money down the drain as I will never own it
-I will have to travel to my parents house to exercise as there won't be enough room
-limited parking and storage
-A cheaper house will have a comparable mortgage to the price of rent
-those in a country setting will cost more
+dept free
+can leave at any moment as I'm attached to nothing financially
So if you could go back, what would you do in this situation, or what did you do so I can learn from it. There's also the option of suck it up, and be a minimalists until you make it, but after all it's about the journey right. I have to enjoy the present not just have all of my faith in the future.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
