The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self Improvement Journey: Building My Foundation & Climbing The Stairs To Wealth

Anything related to matters of the mind

ScreamingClown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 10, 2023
What’s happening forum, posting this thread to document my self improvement journey from the ground up. I’m committing to building a base of stability and education so I can become a successful game developer.

My goal at this point in time is not to become a multimillionaire, but to build the foundation upon which to pursue that long term vision. This means taking care of my food, shelter and health, while locking down a proper foundational job that gives me a consistent and predictable schedule. I'll be using most of my off time to learn the specialized skills I'll need for game development, mostly character animation, math, and some coding. Always making sure to get my reps in.

I'll practice animation and math for a couple of hours a day, taking notes and reading books along the way. Consistency is the key. Getting a little done each day that adds up over the course of weeks and months. Once I have the specialized skills down pat, and I'm in a more stable financial situation, I can crack down on the specialized unit, and really start building the game I'm working on bit by bit. My off days will be a godsend, as they'll afford me more freedom to study, and to meal prep for the week. I'll also be lifting 5x a week on an U/L split, but I'll elaborate more on my lifting journey in a separate thread.

I'll be posting regular progress updates here as I put my nose to the grindstone, so feel free to follow along.

I'd love to hear about your self improvement stories. How did you get yourself to the point of pursuing your business ventures, and what did you learn along the way?

Godspeed, and best of luck climbing the stairs of wealth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fran_C

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
What’s happening forum, posting this thread to document my self improvement journey from the ground up. I’m committing to building a base of stability and education so I can become a successful game developer.

My goal at this point in time is not to become a multimillionaire, but to build the foundation upon which to pursue that long term vision. This means taking care of my food, shelter and health, while locking down a proper foundational job that gives me a consistent and predictable schedule. I'll be using most of my off time to learn the specialized skills I'll need for game development, mostly character animation, math, and some coding. Always making sure to get my reps in.

I'll practice animation and math for a couple of hours a day, taking notes and reading books along the way. Consistency is the key. Getting a little done each day that adds up over the course of weeks and months. Once I have the specialized skills down pat, and I'm in a more stable financial situation, I can crack down on the specialized unit, and really start building the game I'm working on bit by bit. My off days will be a godsend, as they'll afford me more freedom to study, and to meal prep for the week. I'll also be lifting 5x a week on an U/L split, but I'll elaborate more on my lifting journey in a separate thread.

I'll be posting regular progress updates here as I put my nose to the grindstone, so feel free to follow along.

I'd love to hear about your self improvement stories. How did you get yourself to the point of pursuing your business ventures, and what did you learn along the way?

Godspeed, and best of luck climbing the stairs of wealth.
Welcome and glad to hear you started your journey to become an unscriptee!

I love your enthusiasm and it seems as though you have a pretty solid plan set up which is already one step in the good direction.

I did notice while reading your post this: "Once I have the specialized skills down pat, and I'm in a more stable financial situation, I can crack down on the specialized unit" I am by no means the wisest person in fact I'm kinda dumb but I just wanted to give you a heads up about this since I've caught myself in the trance of thinking that when I get this - when I do this - once I achieve this one thing - etc.. I'll get going with the idea! Now, learning the foundational building blocks to pursue a specific project/idea is absolutely the right path, but I'd just say be wary of anything further than that which may put you in a "moving the goal post" kind of situation where as you could start with the basics and keep developing as you encounter more problems, fix/learn things as you go and let the journey teach you kind of thing (?) haha.

And by no means I intend to discourage you, just wanted to give you a heads up about that mental model since it can cost you some time in the long run, but then again by the way you write and the way you have set up your personal plan it seems as though you're a pretty smart guy and will be fine!

Dream big and work hard! If there's anything in which you need help with you can hit me up!

ScreamingClown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 10, 2023
Welcome and glad to hear you started your journey to become an unscriptee!

I love your enthusiasm and it seems as though you have a pretty solid plan set up which is already one step in the good direction.

I did notice while reading your post this: "Once I have the specialized skills down pat, and I'm in a more stable financial situation, I can crack down on the specialized unit" I am by no means the wisest person in fact I'm kinda dumb but I just wanted to give you a heads up about this since I've caught myself in the trance of thinking that when I get this - when I do this - once I achieve this one thing - etc.. I'll get going with the idea! Now, learning the foundational building blocks to pursue a specific project/idea is absolutely the right path, but I'd just say be wary of anything further than that which may put you in a "moving the goal post" kind of situation where as you could start with the basics and keep developing as you encounter more problems, fix/learn things as you go and let the journey teach you kind of thing (?) haha.

And by no means I intend to discourage you, just wanted to give you a heads up about that mental model since it can cost you some time in the long run, but then again by the way you write and the way you have set up your personal plan it seems as though you're a pretty smart guy and will be fine!

Dream big and work hard! If there's anything in which you need help with you can hit me up!
I'll make sure to watch out about moving the goal post. My apartment's getting sold in 18 months and the new landlord will probably want to gut and renovate the place and move everyone out, so I'm on a bit of a timer to find a good 40/hr week foundational job with slightly above average pay. Other than that I'll be posting updates on the skills I'm learning/game here. Thanks for the response.

ScreamingClown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 10, 2023
Progress Update: Practicing the fundamentals of character animation, and building a small prototype platformer from scratch.
walkpractice2.gif
1692600484518.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.