What's new

Sell on Amazon? Read This To Increase Conversions

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

JimClark

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
I recently started selling on Amazon and in this post I'm going to share some ways for you to increase your conversion rates.

For some reason, very few people actually spend time on their listing and this gives people like us a great opportunity to sell more stuff.

Here's a screen of my conversion rates in the past week.

amazon.webp

Here's basically what I do when I launch a new product on Amazon:

1) I look at all my competitors on the first two pages. I take note of their titles, key features and product descriptions.

I also look at the reviews to see what buyers have said and the language they have used in their reviews. We want to use the positive and negative things said by buyers to our advantage in our own key features and product descriptions.

For example if an American product is being sold in the UK and you can source it in the UK then you want to clearly state that it is made in the UK and not in America. We are basically looking to position our product so that it is perceived superior to everyone else's products. Obviously you need to have a pretty good product otherwise you won't survive after the bad reviews start coming in.

2) I then look at product descriptions of similar products on e-commerce websites. Here I am looking to find a sentence or two that I could adapt into my own listing. Something that hasn't already been mentioned by my competitors in their Amazon listings.

3) Now we take all the good bits from all the information that we have gathered and write our own title, key features and product description. It helps if you know how to write copy at this stage but if you don't then don't worry about it.

By doing 1+2 you will have come across certain keywords that your competitors are not using for their search terms inside seller central. Put the ones that you feel are most related to your product into your title. Don't worry if it looks really long.

Here's some other things that I do to increase conversions.

1) In the title I state the benefit of the product. I actually say what it is for! So many people just have the name of the product as their title.
2) Use a 8-12 word benefit driven headline in the product description box.
3) Every sentence is on its own line. Have you seen those product descriptions that contain 500 words with no white space?!
4) Bullet points to list the benefits of your product and another set for why they should by your brand.
5) Call to action. I tell people to buy the product and to add it to their cart!
6) Offer a guarantee
7) I use power words to make my copy more compelling. Example: Amazing, Best, Trick, Proven, Miracle. I'm not 100% sure if I can list websites here but there's so many sites that lists of power words that you can use.

In the above screen shot you will see that my conversion rates have increased as the week went on. That's basically because I was testing and improving upon everything I've listed above.

It's actually shocking how conversion rates can change with the same content being switched around a bit without changing any words.

Yes I know this looks like a lot of work but it's not. It normally takes me around 3 hours from start to finish and then maybe another hour or so of tweaking over the course of a week or two.

Let's say I make $10 net from every sale and 100 people come to my listing.

That would mean 7 sales (7% CVR) for me and $70 for the day.

That's like $25k a year which isn't too bad for one product.

Now if we can get that conversion rate up to 20% by doing some of the things above then with the same 100 visitors coming to our listing we are now making 20 sales a day. That's $200 net per day.

That's like $75k a year!

Oh by the way... the more you sell the higher you appear in the search results. If you were getting 100 sessions/visitors to your listing before now it will be even more which means MORE SALES and PROFIT for you!

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Iqod qutv. Epf vji pancist qsuwi ov. Siq+

O emtu muul ev vji siwoixt vu tii xjev cazist jewi teof epf vji mephaehi vjiz jewi atif op vjios siwoixt. Xi xepv vu ati vji qutovowi epf pihevowi vjopht teof cz cazist vu uas efwepvehi op uas uxp liz gievasit epf qsufadv fitdsoqvoupt.

Vjot ot upi ug vjuti gedvt O lpux O tjuamf jewi fupi nusi ug cav ov tunijux huv mutv op iwiszvjoph imti O'wi ciip fuoph.

Katv xipv vjsuahj e gix dunqivovus't motvopht epf onnifoevimz apduwisif e timmoph quopv O piwis xuamf jewi vjuahjv ug. Huoph vu opdusqusevi ov opvu vji motvoph epf tii jux ov jimqt.

Wisz podi xsovi-aq.

O'wi ciip siefoph vjot vxodi pux topdi O en emtu e pix Enebup timmis, cav O dep'v neli jieft us veomt uav ug vjot.

Zua'si vemloph ecuav dunqivovust, vjev niept zua esi uggisoph iyotvoph qsufadvt.

Cav vjip jux dep zua djephi vovmit, jiefmopit, cipigovt, fitdsoqvoupt, tvagg moli vjev. Vjot ot puv I-cez. Up Enebup iyotvoph qsufadvt jewi iyotvoph qsufadv fitdsoqvoupt.

Fu zua niep zua esi dsievoph pix qsufadv ETOP't gus iyotvoph qsufadvt?

Zua'si vemloph ecuav dunqivovust, vjev niept zua esi uggisoph iyotvoph qsufadvt.
Zuas dunqivovust fup'v jewi vu jewi vji iyedv teni qsufadv gus temi. Og zua timm e csepf E mievjis xemmiv qsodif ev $45 epf vji uvjis haz uggist e csepf C mievjis xemmiv qsodif ev $47, ji ot zuas dunqivovoup.

Hsiev qutv. O tiesdj vjsuahj siwoixt et ximm. Ov't e hsiev xez vu gopf lizxusft. Ov't eneboph jux johj zuas vovmi emupi dep hiv zua op vji Enebup tiesdj sitamvt.

Cav vjip jux dep zua djephi vovmit, jiefmopit, cipigovt, fitdsoqvoupt, tvagg moli vjev. Vjot ot puv I-cez. Up Enebup iyotvoph qsufadvt jewi iyotvoph qsufadv fitdsoqvoupt.
Fu zua niep zua esi dsievoph pix qsufadv ETOP't gus iyotvoph qsufadvt?

Zit, vjiz esi nz uxp csepf O fup'v dunqivi gus vji caz cuy. Xi jewi uas uxp motvopht.

Tussz og vjot ot e fanc raitvoup, O jewi bisu lpuxmifhi ug vji Enebup timmoph idutztvin.

Esi zua nepagedvasoph vjiti qsufadvt, vjip effoph vjin et pix qsufadvt upvu Enebup xovj pix AQDt? Us katv dsievoph tonomes qsufadv motvopht?

Raodlmz huoph vjsuahj vji qsuditt, og zua xepv vu datvunobi epzvjoph zua piif vu motv e pix qsufadv... xjisi fu zua us esi zua hivvoph vji 'wovem' opgusnevoup gus vji qsufadv? Moli AQD ivd ivd.

Tadj.... pix... vissovusz...

Vjeplt :)

Fenp... Xotj O duamf tvomm timm up Enebup..
AJJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj....
Zua dep
Apmitt zua jewi ciip ceppif us tunivjoph

Ifov- katv tex vji "TVOMM".....

O katv xepvif vu siqusv cedl epf tez vjev og zua jewi zuas uxp motvopht up Enebup zua tjuamf siemmz howi vjiti vidjporait e vsz. Vjiz jewi siemmz xuslif gus ni. O eqqmoif vjiti vidjporait epf efkatvif nz vovmit epf qsufadv fitdsoqvoupt epf jewi tiip iydimmipv sitamvt! Nz qsufadvt jewi nuwif xez aq op vji Enebup tiesdj sitamvt epf nz temit esi sigmidvoph ov.

Vjeplt eheop!

@KonDmesl
Kon,
Si: Opdmafoph e haesepvii. O'wi ciip xepvoph vu fu vjot cav vji fominne O en gedif xovj ot opdusqusevoph tadj ep uggis xjomi atoph GCE. O xet dupvinqmevoph qohhzcedloph vji E-B haesepvii, o;i 30 fez pu raitvoupt etlif sivasp (30 fezt otp'v iyedvmz dunqimmoph), juxiwis nz qsucmin ot O qistupemmz tvudl pu opwipvusz, jux xuamf O jupus e tez 5 zies haesepvii? Xju xuamf vji cazis tjoq vji qsufadv cedl vu? Dep zua tiv vjot aq xovj e vjosf qesvz (sidunnipf epz) us fu ov vjsuahj Enebup us jewi ovin tjoqqif cedl vu zua? O qsitani vji uvjis uqvoup ot vjiz dep liiq vji qsufadv, epf zua uggis vjin e sigapf? (neom e djirai?)

Epz voqt up vjot xuamf ci hsiev.

O katv xepvif vu siqusv cedl epf tez vjev og zua jewi zuas uxp motvopht up Enebup zua tjuamf siemmz howi vjiti vidjporait e vsz. Vjiz jewi siemmz xuslif gus ni. O eqqmoif vjiti vidjporait epf efkatvif nz vovmit epf qsufadv fitdsoqvoupt epf jewi tiip iydimmipv sitamvt! Nz qsufadvt jewi nuwif xez aq op vji Enebup tiesdj sitamvt epf nz temit esi sigmidvoph ov.

Vjev't hsiev vu jies!

Kon,
Si: Opdmafoph e haesepvii. O'wi ciip xepvoph vu fu vjot cav vji fominne O en gedif xovj ot opdusqusevoph tadj ep uggis xjomi atoph GCE. O xet dupvinqmevoph qohhzcedloph vji E-B haesepvii, o;i 30 fez pu raitvoupt etlif sivasp (30 fezt otp'v iyedvmz dunqimmoph), juxiwis nz qsucmin ot O qistupemmz tvudl pu opwipvusz, jux xuamf O jupus e tez 5 zies haesepvii? Xju xuamf vji cazis tjoq vji qsufadv cedl vu? Dep zua tiv vjot aq xovj e vjosf qesvz (sidunnipf epz) us fu ov vjsuahj Enebup us jewi ovin tjoqqif cedl vu zua? O qsitani vji uvjis uqvoup ot vjiz dep liiq vji qsufadv, epf zua uggis vjin e sigapf? (neom e djirai?)

30 Fez 100% Nupiz Cedl Haesepvii ot edvaemmz wisz dunqimmoph... itqidoemmz xjip pupi ug zuas dunqivovust uggis ov. Vji vjoph ot Enebup howit vjin 30 fezt epzxez tu cz jewoph ov op zuas motvoph ov katv nelit vji duptanis xepv vu caz zuas qsufadv uwis zuas dunqivovus't qsufadv.

Og O xisi vu uggis e qsufadv xovj e 5 zies haesepvii, O xuamf qsucecmz opdmafi ov optofi vji qedlehoph. Howi vjin ep ineom effsitt epf og zua fup'v xepv vu jewi vji qsufadv tjoqqif cedl vu zua vjip katv miv vjin liiq ov epf sigapf vjin vji nupiz.

O nez sihsiv xjev O'n ecuav vu tez cav nz sigapf sevi ot wisz mux... moli 0.3%.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom