ZF Lee
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I'm sure you agree with me that it is a rarity that a brilliant individual comes up with the next big thing like the Model T or the PC.
But what we can do is not to get on the bandwagon of people that gain fortunes in the craze of the event (such as the apps and Internet gold rush), although it can be done. But we might not be able to stay too long and might have to sell the company to get out of the game before it goes bust. Nothing wrong about it, but Mark Zuckerberg did hold on to FB till it reached billion-dollar valuation. Now that's perseverance for you!
With millions rushing after the new gold, it should be logical to sell shovels to them. Selling to millions equal to millions in profits, after all. And those millions can be used to automate our businesses.
Easier said than done, but...
What I can see is that most shovels are actually becoming....virtual? Not existing, versatile, even requires less personnel.
AirBnb, Craigslist,....they don't really have large staff. Tech companies like Google and FB do require big staff, they are dealing with massive data storage. But the thing is the former companies don't require tangible assets. AirBnb don't physically own real estate, but they run the show on B&Bs. Grabcar didn't hire a fleet of taxis to begin with.
To provide such websites of connectivity, yet requiring lower specialised skill input from the founders (I'm sure the guys behind AirBnb weren't hoteliers to begin with, they made the site based on their own problems of rent), I see some issues to be settled before forming at least a minimum viable product.
1. Streamlined simple usage. No lags or crashes. Simple instructions. Those drag-and-drop programs offer some measure of that, but what if I do want to add more complicated features par customer feedback?
2. Multi-lingual. Not everyone understands English. Would I need a translater to provide multilingual systems? Or is there a program for it?
3. The sites that run Amazon, Ebay and others are largely user-input based, which means it depends on what society has to offer rather than the company itself (although the company runs the show). And that requires user info storage. Would I need internet security skills? Or could I outsource it, at the risk of certain confidentiality? I don't really hear about it much from most Internet books, so I'll have to inquire here.
I hope I can find some answers that can help me. I am looking into the Internet business because people are beginning to lust after faster services especially online. They even tire from usage of Internet giants like Ebay and Amazon. Heard lots of complaints on rule changes. Perhaps I could provide a similar alternative. After all, I'm an avid Internet user too.
Thanks.
But what we can do is not to get on the bandwagon of people that gain fortunes in the craze of the event (such as the apps and Internet gold rush), although it can be done. But we might not be able to stay too long and might have to sell the company to get out of the game before it goes bust. Nothing wrong about it, but Mark Zuckerberg did hold on to FB till it reached billion-dollar valuation. Now that's perseverance for you!
With millions rushing after the new gold, it should be logical to sell shovels to them. Selling to millions equal to millions in profits, after all. And those millions can be used to automate our businesses.
Easier said than done, but...
What I can see is that most shovels are actually becoming....virtual? Not existing, versatile, even requires less personnel.
AirBnb, Craigslist,....they don't really have large staff. Tech companies like Google and FB do require big staff, they are dealing with massive data storage. But the thing is the former companies don't require tangible assets. AirBnb don't physically own real estate, but they run the show on B&Bs. Grabcar didn't hire a fleet of taxis to begin with.
To provide such websites of connectivity, yet requiring lower specialised skill input from the founders (I'm sure the guys behind AirBnb weren't hoteliers to begin with, they made the site based on their own problems of rent), I see some issues to be settled before forming at least a minimum viable product.
1. Streamlined simple usage. No lags or crashes. Simple instructions. Those drag-and-drop programs offer some measure of that, but what if I do want to add more complicated features par customer feedback?
2. Multi-lingual. Not everyone understands English. Would I need a translater to provide multilingual systems? Or is there a program for it?
3. The sites that run Amazon, Ebay and others are largely user-input based, which means it depends on what society has to offer rather than the company itself (although the company runs the show). And that requires user info storage. Would I need internet security skills? Or could I outsource it, at the risk of certain confidentiality? I don't really hear about it much from most Internet books, so I'll have to inquire here.
I hope I can find some answers that can help me. I am looking into the Internet business because people are beginning to lust after faster services especially online. They even tire from usage of Internet giants like Ebay and Amazon. Heard lots of complaints on rule changes. Perhaps I could provide a similar alternative. After all, I'm an avid Internet user too.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
