The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share Your Thoughts Through a YouTube Channel

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Hi Fastlaners,

Does anyone has experience in YouTube videos? Does anyone has a YouTube Channel?
I tried to search topics related to YouTube but I couldn't find anything.

It is a fact that more and more people is earning huge money by creating YouTube videos, and in most cases the videos doesn't really have to have content. There are a lot of vloggers with 5 figures a month by sharing their daily life in an entertaining way.

Do you see an opportunity in youtube videos and channels?

I'm thinking about giving it a try as I think that this may be a passion for me. I would like to create short 5 minutes training videos about productivity, career tips, time management etc. in Hungarian as I couldn't find any video content about this in my native language.
I think I would like to do videos as I already had the chance to hold training for my colleagues and I really enjoyed it.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about YouTube Channels and this area of activity.
It could be a passion of mine so I'm really tempted to try, but right now I can't afford to lose my time without having a long term benefit from it.

If I can make it successful and I will have subscribers, I can use that traffic to make money also from my other projects.

P.S. If you have youtube channel, share it with us :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I don't have a YouTube channel.

How about this, before I or anyone else tell their views why dont you make 5-6 videos in your new Youtube show and link it here? You don't get more than 4 days to make a video.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm thinking about giving it a try as I think that this may be a passion for me.

How does it fit N.E.C.S.T.?

Have you seen what's going on behind the scenes with YouTube lately?

Creating videos is a hobby. Not a reliable source of income and definitely not a business.

A better question might be, how can you use YouTube to generate traffic to a business?

It is a fact that more and more people is earning huge money by creating YouTube videos, and in most cases the videos doesn't really have to have content.

Sounds like money-chasing if you ask me.

Also sounds like it caught your attention. You'll probably get rich overnight...

If you're gonna do it, do it right. If you want to make money, treat it like a business.

Figure out where you'll get traffic and why they'll watch your videos. Figure out how to sell.

---

Back to CENTS

Need - If there's a real need for this, then YouTube is a traffic source, not a money-source.
Entry - Anyone can start this up today, just like you.
Control - You have no control.
Scale - Potential for scale if people like you and your vids don't suck.
Time - It takes time to make vids, especially when you're just starting.

---

I'm specifically talking about using YouTube for ad revenue fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

Creating videos is a hobby. Not a reliable source of income and definitely not a business.

A better question might be, how can you use YouTube to generate traffic to a business?

Also sounds like it caught your attention. You'll probably get rich overnight...

If you're gonna do it, do it right. If you want to make money, treat it like a business.

Figure out where you'll get traffic and why they'll watch your videos. Figure out how to sell.

---

Back to CENTS

Need - If there's a real need for this, then YouTube is a traffic source, not a money-source.

---

This ^^^

Next month i start marketing through youtube to drive traffic to my site . I already know my target audience searches for what i have through youtube so its perfect.

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania

---

Back to CENTS

---

I know that it is not a CENTS opportunity, it is more like a hobby.
I specified it that I am thinking about this as I think I would like doing it but also I don't want to lose time doing it.

I want to know if it is worth the time invested in the long run.
Can I get enough traffic which I will be able to change into revenue.
I want to make this channel in Hungarian. Is there a market if I'm not doing it in English.
Is it good for my personal brand if people can find my videos?
People now are spending a lot of time on youtube. Will this change? Youtube is starting to be more and more aggressive with his ads. Will this influence the number of users?
Is Youtube Channel enough or I should also start a blog with it?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I specified it that I am thinking about this as I think I would like doing it but also I don't want to lose time doing it.

I want to know if it is worth the time invested in the long run.
Can I get enough traffic which I will be able to change into revenue.
I want to make this channel in Hungarian. Is there a market if I'm not doing it in English.
Is it good for my personal brand if people can find my videos?
People now are spending a lot of time on youtube. Will this change? Youtube is starting to be more and more aggressive with his ads. Will this influence the number of users?
Is Youtube Channel enough or I should also start a blog with it?

There's no way we can answer whether it's worth the time you invest in it. Only you can answer that.
We also can't answer if you'll get enough traffic to create revenue. Only you can answer that.
Is there a market? You have to do your due diligence to find out.

Is it good for your personal brand if people find your videos. Maybe, if people like your videos and they add value to your personal brand. If people hate your videos, then no.

Will people spend a lot of time on YouTube in the future? I think they will for some time. At least another 5 years. Maybe 10 depending on how things go and assuming a competitor doesn't sneak up and outdo them.

I don't think ads are that big of a problem. Chrome has an extension that blocks ads completely. I don't see any ads at all when watching YouTube on Chrome.

Is YouTube channel enough for what? To make you a millionaire? Not unless you go viral and even then I'm not sure.
Should you start a blog with it too? Maybe, but where does that lead and how will you monetize your offer?
Your blog can pretty much be your YouTube videos shown in a post with a bit of writing, but you'll still need traffic.

I think you need to get clear on your specific goals.
What does "not lose time" even mean? You'll lose time with any business you start.

• What do you hope to accomplish with this?
• How much do you want to earn?
• How long are you willing to do this to get good? 1 year? 5 years? etc.
• What specifically do you need to know to get started?

Do you have the equipment to make videos?
If so, why not make some vids, post them and gauge the response?

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
To add to everything above, Youtube stopped monitization of a lot of channels.
And using Youtube to teach productivity .etc is not going to work (I am sick of seeing new personal brands and I think many are).
Using Youtube to make an entertaining show like those NatGeo TV shows to get eyeballs to your real business is awesome.

But I still think you should make ONE video because no matter what anyone say you got to field test it. That is just a good habit.
PIC17.jpg

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
There's no way we can answer whether it's worth the time you invest in it. Only you can answer that.
We also can't answer if you'll get enough traffic to create revenue. Only you can answer that.
Is there a market? You have to do your due diligence to find out.

Is it good for your personal brand if people find your videos. Maybe, if people like your videos and they add value to your personal brand. If people hate your videos, then no.

Will people spend a lot of time on YouTube in the future? I think they will for some time. At least another 5 years. Maybe 10 depending on how things go and assuming a competitor doesn't sneak up and outdo them.

I don't think ads are that big of a problem. Chrome has an extension that blocks ads completely. I don't see any ads at all when watching YouTube on Chrome.

Is YouTube channel enough for what? To make you a millionaire? Not unless you go viral and even then I'm not sure.
Should you start a blog with it too? Maybe, but where does that lead and how will you monetize your offer?
Your blog can pretty much be your YouTube videos shown in a post with a bit of writing, but you'll still need traffic.

I think you need to get clear on your specific goals.
What does "not lose time" even mean? You'll lose time with any business you start.

• What do you hope to accomplish with this?
• How much do you want to earn?
• How long are you willing to do this to get good? 1 year? 5 years? etc.
• What specifically do you need to know to get started?

Do you have the equipment to make videos?
If so, why not make some vids, post them and gauge the response?

Thank you for your detailed response.

I know that there are a lot of questions that only I can answer if I try, that's why I asked if anyone has experience in this.
I will try but first things first, I'm making market research, learn about this field. That's what this thread is all about.
Youtube videos are risky to just jump in it and try because you are playing with your reputation. To make it successful you have to share those videos to your friends, connections. If after the first video you decide not to continue, everyone will notice it.

What I know now is that there are a lot of teaching videos out there, personal development, productivity, time management etc., but if I search for these in Hungarian the results are almost 0.
There is two options. There is a good market for it, or there is absolutely no need for it. This is why I'm still hesitating and thinking before I post my first video.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

I know that there are a lot of questions that only I can answer if I try, that's why I asked if anyone has experience in this.
I will try but first things first, I'm making market research, learn about this field. That's what this thread is all about.
Youtube videos are risky to just jump in it and try because you are playing with your reputation. To make it successful you have to share those videos to your friends, connections. If after the first video you decide not to continue, everyone will notice it.

What I know now is that there are a lot of teaching videos out there, personal development, productivity, time management etc., but if I search for these in Hungarian the results are almost 0.
There is two options. There is a good market for it, or there is absolutely no need for it. This is why I'm still hesitating and thinking before I post my first video.

I've made YouTube channels, posted 1 video, shared with friends etc. then never made another on that channel again.

Look around this forum a bit, you'll find like 10 or 20 progress threads I started...and never finished.

Reputation really means nothing. Results are everything. Besides, how can you destroy a reputation you don't yet have?

First you create the experience. Then your reputation forms. Then you find ways to keep it going.

If you leap fifty years into the future from this moment right now, what do you find?

Do you still care about reputation? Did you ever make any videos or money?

Or are you just full of regret for all the things you wish you did, but didn't?

There's an old quote I like that goes: "Your life. Your choice. Choose wisely."

Figure out what you'll sell and how you'll sell it. Give people an awesome experience.

Right now it feels like you're searching for validation so you can make YouTube videos because that's what you want to do.

Just remember, the market doesn't care what you want. That's why you have to test it.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

the problem is that most relevant web markets are found in the english speaking world.

if MJ DeMarco was swedish, german, polish or whatever

then he couldn't start this kind of forum because there would be too little audience with his language.

even in the french speaking world, i can't really meet the required conditions to find a profitable niche according to Eben Pagan's niche test.

the reason is that they are not enough french speaking people on the web.

and the same problem applies to you.

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015
My experience with YouTube is that it requires a massive time investment and provides little return on investment for a LONG time. I started a channel in February and released 10 videos before I stopped. The average video was around 3 minutes and required 8+ hours to produce. I usually spent $20 on YouTube ads to promote the video and would get around 200-300 view per video and people normally stopped watching 15-20 seconds in. Additionally, I had several other videos that I did not release because they were subpar quality, technical issues, or a variety of other reasons.

YouTube is a crowded platform and has increasingly high standards for video production. You will need to invest in a proper HD camera, different lenses, professional lighting, editing software, a computer that can handle rendering large video files ect. My content was good, but my production value was lacking compared to other channels in my niche and I suffered for it.

There are some smaller channels (~100k subs) who have created 7-figure businesses through YouTube. These people were able to do this with small followings because they have MAGNITUDE. These people are typically in niches like dating, fitness, or entrepreneurship. These are things people are willing to make a major investment in because they are convinced it can create a life changing effect. Do people feel the same way about studying? No. You are going to be hard pressed to find someone willing to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on a program for more effective studying habits.

If you still want to go the YouTube route, I would recommend you either pivot your focus to something with greater magnitude or abandon the idea all together.

Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I have 3 youtube channels, each is a part of a bigger business, being a source of traffic for digital products.
Videos are uploaded infrequently, about 1 video in 4-11 months. I treat YouTube the same way as google, i.e. intelligent reach only.
Monetization is turned off since day one.

"There is two options. There is a good market for it, or there is absolutely no need for it."
There is a need for almost anything everywhere. If you have a quality audience of 1000, it's already a good business, if you know how to treat it the right way.

My experience with YouTube is that it requires a massive time investment and provides little return on investment for a LONG time. I started a channel in February and released 10 videos before I stopped. The average video was around 3 minutes and required 8+ hours to produce. I usually spent $20 on YouTube ads to promote the video and would get around 200-300 view per video and people normally stopped watching 15-20 seconds in.
My regular video takes about 100 hours to produce, since it involves content creation for what my videos are about. Videos have 80-120+% APV on average.
Return of investment depends on your approach and attitude.

YouTube is a crowded platform and has increasingly high standards for video production. You will need to invest in a proper HD camera, different lenses, professional lighting, editing software, a computer that can handle rendering large video files ect. My content was good, but my production values was lacking compared to other channels in my niche.
You don't need HD camera(s), professional lighting and etcetera. You can shoot good quality videos on iphone, studio quality of image or sound is the last thing that really matters.

Neither you need a 100k audience, hundreds of thousands or millions of views to make more money than any regular 100k+ channel with millions of views does. Big numbers mean unintelligent reach, low-quality audience and poor conversion rates, which is not what brings money into your pockets.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
even in the french speaking world, i can't really meet the required conditions to find a profitable niche according to Eben Pagan's niche test.

the reason is that they are not enough french speaking people on the web.

Not true.

Wanna make more money in the French speaking web? Solve more problems for the French speaking web.

People generally prefer to consume content in their native language. Thing is, there's just more out there in English. (Also a lot of French speakers speak English as well)

French is a little different as it's a global language. Lots of opportunity there, especially in Africa.

Hungarian... not a very common language. But, if you're the only dude in Hungary (or Romania, since it says you're from Bucharest) that is willing to work with Hungarians, on Hungarian terms, then a Youtube channel can be a great traffic source.

One issue you might find is since Hungarians aren't very wealthy on average, you might find a lack of customers. But you could become a bigger fish in that small Hungarian pond.

Want an example?

I found that a potentially profitable niche is selling portable saunas to Finns... in Finnish. In Finland, there are more saunas than families, which makes this idea have no sense right?

Well, Finns are starting to travel all over the world to places where there are not very many saunas. Portable saunas cost less than a regular sauna. Sometimes, a Finn doesn't wanna go to the same country cottage (outfitted with a sauna) they go every year: they want to go somewhere else. But other places don't have many saunas.

A portable sauna can sell for over $2000 for a high quality one. You can source them for much less.

(I'm not telling anyone to start selling saunas to Finns. I'm just saying, it's a potential idea.)

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I have a YouTube channel that I created a little over a month ago. The channel is designed to eventually bring traffic back to my website (to buy actual products). It's not just a "look at me going through my day" channel. It's also not my only source of traffic at this point, and I never expect to make up more than a third of my traffic.

(My videos are about 5 minutes long, take me about 30 minutes to create from start to finish. I use a usb microphone and headset, and my computer's built-in webcam to record them, along with another program that I use for teaching in the videos. I've done about 20 so far. Not a huge time investment. They are good stand-alone content and serve as mini commercials to entice people to head over to my website).

I'm one month in on my YouTube experiment, and I'm not seeing much traffic to my website from them. It's growing slowly. So if you want to see success in three days, this isn't for you. I'm in it for the long-haul, though, so I'm not worried about it. I'm not not looking for 1 million subscribers. 1000 subscribers who love me is what I want ;)

I agree with everyone who is saying that you have to treat it like a business, and it needs to be part of a larger-scale plan. I've heard of people getting their accounts suspended, etc (not sure how common that is, though). I actually saw a big YouTuber at Dragon Con this year who said he had his biggest revenue video taken down temporarily while he was visiting his wife's family out of the country for three weeks (with no access to YouTube due to the country that she lives in). He lost almost all of his income for three weeks! THIS IS HAVING NO CONTROL.

So YouTube is cool for helping drive traffic, but I would never create a business 100% around YouTube (i.e. just ad revenue).

But I would say that creating a YouTube channel would be a low-risk way to learn a little about entrepreneurship. So if you are going to do nothing vs. start a YouTube channel, I'd say start the YouTube channel. And then someday, take what you learn onto something better.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
People generally prefer to consume content in their native language. Thing is, there's just more out there in English. (Also a lot of French speakers speak English as well)
We seriously overestimate English-speaking market. China, Japan, Russia, France, Spain, Italy, all have their own segment exclusive of American/UK impact on them, with degree of their independence varying in different fields.
I find myself in a position of need of learning Italian and Japanese to have access to first-hand knowledge that is produced by non-English specialists who don't care about outer world like at all.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I will tell you from first-hand experience that you will need 4m+ views a month to live even an average lifestyle after taxes. That is if you rely on adsense solely. My current pivot point is manufacturing a few products catered to my niche and see how well I can market it to my subs without seeming pushy. Time will tell.

G

GuestUser155

I had just written up a pretty lengthy post on how to make money on YT, only on the first two posts. I think I received an aneurysm looking through the entire thread.

Can you make money on YT? Short-answer: yes.

Can your idea make you wealthy? Short-answer: no.

There is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding on how YT works, there are things you can apply to it from your regular understanding of business and a lot of things you can't. YT is a culture, not just a platform.

I was involved heavily in the YT scene for a few years. Ask some directed questions and give me your plan and I'll give you my honest answer with a detailed explanation, but keep it brief.

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Thank you everyone for your answers. This is a huge help for me.

As all of you mentioned, it is not a good idea to start a YouTube channel just for the ad revenue.
This is not my plan.
I also have some products which I want to sell. A year ago my father started to drink a wellness, health-supplement product and he told me like a hundred times how good the product was. As it is sold through network marketing strategy I wasn't really interested but as the product is really good I gave it a try. It was great way to make an income beside my job, but as I'm not a fan of Network Marketing, I'm trying to to make an automatic system to make sells and new partners:
1. In Romania (I live in Bucharest) I will sell the products online. As it is almost a virgin market, I would be the first to offer this. Cheap shipping. Good profit margin. Great way of income. With 4 products sold/day I can already quit my job.
2. In Hungary (this is my native language) I will recruit serious people in my team as independent partners. This is where my YouTube Channel should help me out. As a start I would upload videos about business related stuff, productivity, time management, etc., then as my followers grow, I will start to mention my business and help those people who want to create a business to change their everyday lifestyle.

Please notice, I didn't mention MLM to start a discussion about it. I know that most of the people are against it and it's fine. This topic is about the Youtube Channel and let's keep it that way.
My goal with this project is to create a stable income in the next 6-12 month so I can hand my resignation letter. In order to do this I will need like 1000 euro/month income.
After quitting my job I can start doing the real business for which I have a nice idea bucket :) .

@Akakoc , I briefly described my idea. I'm waiting for your reply.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Please notice, I didn't mention MLM to start a discussion about it. I know that most of the people are against it and it's fine. This topic is about the Youtube Channel and let's keep it that way.
MLM could be a good idea if a company has good products and gives you a good discount - some MLM companies have superior products that you can buy literally for pennies, put it in a better package if the original on looks cheap - and sell the hell out of it with a premium price tag.

It's not like we're against MLM to the level of attacking people for that, we just don't like fanatics who spam this stuff and try to convince more rational people to join.
You could even bring marketing details here and we can suggest you the best way of making use of them, since it's not what the company often proposes you to do.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
In Romania (I live in Bucharest)

off topic but eu is going to send lots of Syrian Immigrants to your country . also in bulgaria. all the Syrian refugees here in the greek camps discuss about it all the time now in greece. maybe find a need there. food for them for example. not a way for fastlane income but a way to make some good money. they will have to stay in your country minimum 3 years.

G

GuestUser155

Thank you everyone for your answers. This is a huge help for me.

As all of you mentioned, it is not a good idea to start a YouTube channel just for the ad revenue.
This is not my plan.
I also have some products which I want to sell. A year ago my father started to drink a wellness, health-supplement product and he told me like a hundred times how good the product was. As it is sold through network marketing strategy I wasn't really interested but as the product is really good I gave it a try. It was great way to make an income beside my job, but as I'm not a fan of Network Marketing, I'm trying to to make an automatic system to make sells and new partners:
1. In Romania (I live in Bucharest) I will sell the products online. As it is almost a virgin market, I would be the first to offer this. Cheap shipping. Good profit margin. Great way of income. With 4 products sold/day I can already quit my job.
2. In Hungary (this is my native language) I will recruit serious people in my team as independent partners. This is where my YouTube Channel should help me out. As a start I would upload videos about business related stuff, productivity, time management, etc., then as my followers grow, I will start to mention my business and help those people who want to create a business to change their everyday lifestyle.

My goal with this project is to create a stable income in the next 6-12 month so I can hand my resignation letter. In order to do this I will need like 1000 euro/month income.
After quitting my job I can start doing the real business for which I have a nice idea bucket :) .

@Akakoc , I briefly described my idea. I'm waiting for your reply.

1). There's little reason to use YouTube for this (if you're planning on it).

2). What are you going to pay them? What is the market for productivity stuff in Hungary? There's a max cap of 3 million for people that speak Hungarian and use the internet/YT (that is if you somehow get all of them instead of just 2% -- or however many are into productivity stuff). You're more likely to have better results by just becoming a private productivity coach for the wealthy in your country.

If I missed something or wasn't clear enough it's because of your formatting.

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
@devine Thank you for your encouraging.
The reason why I decided to sell this product is because while as simple affiliate marketer you receive money when you sell stuff, in network marketing if you do a good job you can receive even if you didn't sell a single product.
This is why the balance between selling products and building my team is important. While I'm selling I'm making money, but as I'm recruiting I'm increasing the volume sold by my team, so I'm increasing my long term income.

In short, how I can make money from this particular business is the following:
1. Selling the product with a profit margin
2. Selling the product through the website and receive $20 /product sold.
3. Register a partner.
4. Create volume. As your volume in your team increases, your income increases too.

So, the first 3 points are instant money, and the forth one is in the long run.
I'm waiting for you opinion :)

@Akakoc I can't measure the potential market as there is no one doing this.
And it is not necessary about what is the potential market, as you can educate the potential customers in order to understand that this is really what they want. Maybe there is no need yet for it because nobody have done it, but I will create a new "trend".
My target market will be mostly young people who reached that "point" where they admit that they should now think about their future, what they want to do and how they can reach it.
This will be my marketing, I will help those who want to be a better person in any way.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It is a fact that more and more people is earning huge money by creating YouTube videos

Is it, now? To expand on what @SinisterLex said, follow the CENTS/CENTS

Confused?

Let's look in this thread and find out how your idea stacks up.

CENTS analysis:

Control:

TL;DR-They have content creators by the balls and will extract every red cent of value they can from your hard work while paying you as little as humanly possible. Content up-loaders are basically YouTube's real "employees," and millions of them work for free or pennies an hour. Your once-in-a-lifetime viral video that nets you $5,000 in Adsense revenue netted Google $15,000.

FAIL

Entry:

It is a fact that more and more people...

FAIL

Need:

in most cases the videos doesn't really have to have content.

FAIL

It could be a passion of mine so I'm really tempted to try

EPIC FAIL

LEGENDARY FAIL

Time:

I've done about 20 so far. Not a huge time investment.

PASS

Scale:

I will tell you from first-hand experience that you will need 4m+ views a month to live even an average lifestyle after taxes.

FAIL

Score: 1/5, or maybe 2/5 (with scale being a bit variable). Either way, that's not a passing grade. Do you want to go Fastlane, or do you want a hobby? They're not compatible pursuits. One is for your pleasure, the other is for the pleasure of others. One devours your money, the other multiplies your money.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Fastlaners,

Does anyone has experience in YouTube videos? Does anyone has a YouTube Channel?
I tried to search topics related to YouTube but I couldn't find anything.

It is a fact that more and more people is earning huge money by creating YouTube videos, and in most cases the videos doesn't really have to have content. There are a lot of vloggers with 5 figures a month by sharing their daily life in an entertaining way.

Do you see an opportunity in youtube videos and channels?

I'm thinking about giving it a try as I think that this may be a passion for me. I would like to create short 5 minutes training videos about productivity, career tips, time management etc. in Hungarian as I couldn't find any video content about this in my native language.
I think I would like to do videos as I already had the chance to hold training for my colleagues and I really enjoyed it.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about YouTube Channels and this area of activity.
It could be a passion of mine so I'm really tempted to try, but right now I can't afford to lose my time without having a long term benefit from it.

If I can make it successful and I will have subscribers, I can use that traffic to make money also from my other projects.

P.S. If you have youtube channel, share it with us :)
You might want to read this thread @Daniel M. :

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!