The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share your website and I'll provide you with some free design feedback!

Idea threads

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Hi there, I'm a freelance graphic designer who wants to give back to the community by offering some free advice and feedback to help improve your website.
If you're interested please leave a comment below with a link to your website and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Feel free to check out my portfolio for your reference:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

fasdrubal971

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 23, 2023
Bonjour, je suis un graphiste indépendant qui souhaite redonner à la communauté en offrant des conseils et des commentaires gratuits pour vous aider à améliorer votre site Web.
Si vous êtes intéressé, laissez un commentaire ci-dessous avec un lien vers votre site Web et je vous répondrai dans les plus brefs délais.
J'ai hâte d'entendre tout le monde !
Bonjour. Accord.
Moi c'est sur Notion et j'essaye de lancer mon activité mais je veux maîtriser d'abord le processus et je ne suis pas encore au clair avec les détails de mes services ni sur une grille de tarif.

>> ASF-971 | Notion

J.le mets en ligne momentanément. J'ai traduit la page en français via mon navigateur parce que je vis en Guadeloupe (île française des caraïbes)
Merci

sigsouk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Dec 12, 2023
Hi there, I'm a freelance graphic designer who wants to give back to the community by offering some free advice and feedback to help improve your website.
If you're interested please leave a comment below with a link to your website and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
sigsouk.com

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
sigsouk.com
HOMEPAGE
I feel the design looks quite basic right now. Consider the use of photos and graphics to better capture a user's attention. The kerning could be improved as well, since the letters are a bit too close together for some of your copy at the moment, affecting legibility. I would go with a warm color like orange for your CTA buttons to entice a user to click on them.

Also, trying to navigate to your homepage leads me to the Contests page. I'm not sure if that's intentional but it's confusing from a UX standpoint.

ABOUT US
Instead of a wall of text, I would better organize the information so it's more easily understandable for the user, ideally including the use of graphics.

LOGIN/LEADERBOARDS/MEDIA
From a user standpoint the contents in these pages are laid out in a confusing manner. For instance, in the Leaderboards page the buttons are spaced out oddly, and the tags are hard to navigate through. Also, the hover effects don't look good — the green and blue color scheme you have don't work well together.
----------
All in all the website could use a lot of work. I would check out your competitors and see how they design their websites.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any clarification.

sahil123720@gmai

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 8, 2023
Australia
Hi there Poh,

Thank you in advance for giving up your time to review other peoples' sites, it is greatly appreciated from my end.

Here is the link to the site that I built to help university students out with job acquisition post-university. Open to any and all feedback: Welcome to GradSorted!! - your one stop shop for all questions grad related!

-Sahil.

ali.lari2x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 30, 2023
exploso.org

What's a good tool (I use GoHighLevel's built-in website builder but it's very basic) to use for one-page websites/landing pages?

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
exploso.org

What's a good tool (I use GoHighLevel's built-in website builder but it's very basic) to use for one-page websites/landing pages?
  • I would get rid of the background image and go with a simpler background to not distract the user from your value proposition.
  • I would lower the CTA button at the top to after you have provided some context on what you're selling — convince before you sell.
  • The scroll down button looks clickable when it's not, which might confuse the user.
  • The blue font color on some of the text isn't contrasting well enough when the background image, affecting legibility.
  • The image beside the appointment booking is blurred for some reason.
Overall the design feels dated to me, which might impact your conversions negatively. As for tools you can consider something like Webflow, though another approach would be get a web designer to design and build the landing page for you.

Cheers!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
exploso.org

- design not being fancy is fine
- fix the spacing / padding issues, looks messy
- need 5x more text
- important thing to fix is the offer, unless you’re targeting a certain geographical area. This exact offer has been done a million times online

As for tools, learn html and css and hardcode. No platform fees and it’s ultra fast.

Last edited:

f.laengle

Super Saiyajin
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 21, 2023
Switzerland
Hi @JPoh

Really nice of you to offer the help!!
The website I'm working on right now is www.vonmama.ch
The business is about a sauce that I'm creating and then selling. At the moment I'm still getting feedback from customers to improve the product. In the future there should be more than one products on there.

The whole website is in german, but I hope this isn't a problem for the design part.

Thanks in advance and let me know when you need some help with something in the future!

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Really nice of you to offer the help!!
The website I'm working on right now is www.vonmama.ch
The business is about a sauce that I'm creating and then selling. At the moment I'm still getting feedback from customers to improve the product. In the future there should be more than one products on there.

The whole website is in german, but I hope this isn't a problem for the design part.

Thanks in advance and let me know when you need some help with something in the future!
No problem, glad to be of help! So overall the design feels a bit basic — considering how much personality the logo has it would be good to add some visual flair to the website as well.

For the section about using purely natural ingredients, I would include some images and those ingredients instead of rotating image you have now, which will it looks pretty neat, doesn't really add to your value proposition.

I would also make your featured product on the homepage more visually appealing and attention grabbing, since this section feels too similar to the rest. Maybe you can organize the text copy into more easily understandable chunks, with icons and graphics to explain the product to the customer.

The hover effect for the customer reviews aren't necessary, and the customer might think they are clickable.

Your social media links don't seem to be working at the moment.

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Bonjour. Accord.
Moi c'est sur Notion et j'essaye de lancer mon activité mais je veux maîtriser d'abord le processus et je ne suis pas encore au clair avec les détails de mes services ni sur une grille de tarif.

>> ASF-971 | Notion

J.le mets en ligne momentanément. J'ai traduit la page en français via mon navigateur parce que je vis en Guadeloupe (île française des caraïbes)
Merci
Hi, I'm not too familiar with Notion, but if possible I would go with custom icons instead of emoticons so the page feels more professional. Also, it would be good to replace the header image with something in a higher resolution, since the one you have now looks pixelated.

Finally, consider incorporating the same color scheme as your logo for the page so the overall branding is consistent.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Removed, because will probably shut it down..

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Overall the design is functional, though feels a bit cookie-cutter. Since you have a really cool mascot, why not incorporate it more through the website?

For the header I would add a bit more context so a customer knows that you're selling when they first visit your website, make it full-width, and remove the outlines.

The product image for Green Vein isn't aligned with the others.

I would love a short description on your featured product and why the customer should make a purchase.

Noticed that there are 2 lines above the footer — I would remove them since they are unnecessary.

fasdrubal971

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 23, 2023
Bonjour, je ne connais pas trop Notion, mais si possible, j'opterais pour des icônes personnalisées au lieu d'émoticônes pour que la page soit plus professionnelle. De plus, il serait bon de remplacer l'image d'en-tête par quelque chose d'une résolution plus élevée, car celle que vous avez maintenant semble pixellisée.

Enfin, envisagez d'incorporer la même palette de couleurs que votre logo pour la page afin que l'image de marque globale soit cohérente.
Merci d'avoir pris le temps de répondre

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.