I am helping my wife to set-up an e-commerce store at etsy where she will be selling handcrafted items and would ideally want to sell to US and European markets but we are facing a challenge and I am stuck now.
I am currently based in UAE where shipping costs are huge - just to give an example - any small package weighing around 3 ounces will cost me $25 to ship to US from UAE. I've inquired from various couriers/logistics providers but all have the same price - Minimum is $25 which will reach in 3-4 days. They don't have any other option where they charge less and maybe the product reaches US in 7-10 days. The reason why the cost is huge is they tell me they charge so much because the charge $25 is for 1 kg and even if the product weighs less than 1 Kg they still charge the same price.
So this is where I am stuck.
The only option I can think of is to find a fulfillment service in US where I can send 1 KG of our items in bulk and they can ship locally to US or other European countries whenever we get an order. But again those companies would require upfront investment from us if we are sending items to them.
Any ideas to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.
I am currently based in UAE where shipping costs are huge - just to give an example - any small package weighing around 3 ounces will cost me $25 to ship to US from UAE. I've inquired from various couriers/logistics providers but all have the same price - Minimum is $25 which will reach in 3-4 days. They don't have any other option where they charge less and maybe the product reaches US in 7-10 days. The reason why the cost is huge is they tell me they charge so much because the charge $25 is for 1 kg and even if the product weighs less than 1 Kg they still charge the same price.
So this is where I am stuck.
The only option I can think of is to find a fulfillment service in US where I can send 1 KG of our items in bulk and they can ship locally to US or other European countries whenever we get an order. But again those companies would require upfront investment from us if we are sending items to them.
Any ideas to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
