What's new

Should I continue with this business? Is it even moral?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Feedback

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

MRiabov

Change the world or get out.
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Look y'all gonna laugh but... So far I've failed 5 businesses, and so I decided, 2 months ago, to start a coaching/course business that helps future entrepreneurs avoid the same mistakes I did.
My logic is the following: when growing up (16-17 years old) I used to try and make money online, always, (since 8 years or so). Ever tried, ever failed.

I always searched in YouTube "how to make money online" or "how to make money online for teenagers", or... Etc. If you try to search in YouTube right now the only thing you will find is trash YouTubers who point mobile phones in your face with PayPal +10000$

And so did I. You feel when someone is lying straight to your face and trying to deceit you. The advice was so bad that I almost gave up trying.

Now here's the deal: we, potentially, have millions of hungry teenagers, who are aspiring entrepreneurs, but are, generally, lost. They try and they fail. I know for myself.

Now here come I. Technically speaking we have 20+ millions of views on these videos, so I ran ads before these videos. I tried to fill my funnels, but so far - except for guys who took my lead magnets - noone had bought. I advertised 2 offers: 1. Lead magnet with One-pager 2. "How to achieve success as a first time entrepreneur".

From 50$ I've spent on ads, ~50 have taken my lead magnet. Indians, Azerbaijans, Africans - you name it. I ran ads on the whole globe, without restrictions on the place (is this a good idea btw? The price is cheaper, but are the leads qualified?...)
The lead conversions are ~10%. Shitty, but I've tweaked some things around, maybe it'll work ~15-20%.

Now, here are the problems
A) I'm out of money. I've been spending money on ads... Without a single sale... For months (on another venture too)
B) I was, essentially, selling my mistakes, not even the advice I ran in. And hell! If I'd been given what I'm listening to I'd do many less mistakes, but still - I've never succeeded as entrepreneur myself.
I've been reading Unscripted recently and... I'm not sure that my advice is sound. My business was around the mistakes I've made, but the single biggest mistake I've made is not providing value. I was selfish.
C) Is selling to teenagers and "make money online" market a good idea? Potentially, we have millions to impact. On the other hand - will they buy? Alright, I can change my advice around - courses can be rewritten, made in a better quality.

One thing to note is that I'm essentially will be doing a holy work - turning people from guys with no goals to entrepreneurs -

The CENTS:
Need - people want to make money online
Entry - I believe if I create a movement I will be able to make it hard to beat me. If we can look at Hamza or Garret J. White (both self-improvement for men space, both created huge movements), people will buy.
If you don't know what kind of a movement I'm talking about - read the book Expert Secrets.
Control - my ads, my traffic, my funnels, my email lists to follow up
Scale - backend funnels can be pretty nice.
Time - well, courses, obviously. I'm trying to do as much free coaching as possible - to know my audience, but so far only 4 applied from 86 who saw my lead magnet - spoken to none yet.

I've done some analysis and up to the last 5 days my execution sucked. I've learned about producing instead of consuming, I'm getting better. But the execution was King and was the hardest part for me so far.

Gentlemen, your verdict? Maybe you see something from an experienced eye that I don't.
Perhaps you can suggest some experiments to verify my assumptions.

P. S. I know The Mom Test said that "you shouldn't ask anyone if your business is good idea", and yet.

Ov tuapft hsiev, iyedvmz vji cob O xuamf fu og O xisi op zuas tovaevoup. VCJ neli e wofiu ecuav iyedvmz xjev zua katv teof, vjip fu e vevi, dmoq ov, epf jewi ov hu iwiszxjisi. Up vji wofiu, uggis e gsii duasti ecuav wemai vjev xomm neli vjin vjopl zuas qeof, (epf iwip iyqiptowi) duasdit esi xusvj ov.

Og zua qsuwofi siem wemai, ov ot ivjodem.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back