The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SoCal MasterMind Monthly Meet-Up

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
EDIT:

First meet up is on 4/2 at 12PM at Rance's Pizza in Costa Mesa. I'm not sure who will show up, but at least two will, haha. Website is : http://www.rancespizza.com/location/costa-mesa/

Info:

Rance's Chicago Pizza - Costa Mesa
1420 Baker Street
Suite B
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Phone: (714) 708-2143

Hey folks,

I've met up with a couple of brilliant members so far (@Jay T and @Jay2 ) in my short stay here. We stay in touch regularly and became good friends. I talked to them about starting a monthly MasterMind group and they were for it.

We are all over SoCal...from LA to the OC.

We are thinking of having lunch the first Saturday of every month. Anyone else is welcome to join as long as they have positive vibe :)

We can change the location to keeps things interested.

Chime in if you're interested.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tony|Outwork Co.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 2, 2016
California
Hey folks,

I've met up with a couple of brilliant members so far (@Jay T and @Jay2 ) in my short stay here. We stay in touch regularly and became good friends. I talked to them about starting a monthly MasterMind group and they were for it.

We are all over SoCal...from LA to the OC.

We are thinking of having lunch the first Saturday of every month. Anyone else is welcome to join as long as they have positive vibe :)

We can change the location to keeps things interested.

Chime in if you're interested.

Cheers
I'm more in the inland empire but I would be into the meetups. What do you usually talk about?

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
If you're like me....you're the weird one among your 'regular friends' for not wanting to climb the corporate ladders.

We share stories about our projects/what we are working on and failed attempts and what we've learned from them. Of course, we talk about other hobbies and aspects of our lives as well.

The key is to make new friends more than anything that are on the same path as you are. Entrepreneurship is a lonely road so you have to assemble your clan accordingly :)

Jay T

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Feb 29, 2016
California
Thanks for getting the ball rolling @Wisith. It was awesome meeting some of the California entrepreneurs in my short time here. Definitely a solid group of people.

Just echoing what wisith mentioned, would be great to get a core group of people who are looking to support each other on this journey. The life of an entrepreneur is tough. I remember from a presentation (paraphrasing here) that 1/100 people become entrepreneurs, and of that 1/100, only 1/10 choose to be truly successful at it. I don't see success as just "having a business", but rather, having a lifestyle which supports freedom and the ability to live a life on your own terms.

Tony|Outwork Co.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 2, 2016
California
If you're like me....you're the weird one among your 'regular friends' for not wanting to climb the corporate ladders.

We share stories about our projects/what we are working on and failed attempts and what we've learned from them. Of course, we talk about other hobbies and aspects of our lives as well.

The key is to make new friends more than anything that are on the same path as you are. Entrepreneurship is a lonely road so you have to assemble your clan accordingly :)
Okay, sounds good. Keep me in the loop!

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Okay, sounds good. Keep me in the loop!
Hey Tony,

Our first meet up will be for lunch on 4/2. Place is in the original post.

Sorry, man...the IE is far from everywhere :( I looked at places around LA, Santa Monica, and OC...it looked like OC is still the closest drive for you, but still quite far.

If you come, save your cheat meal for it! :)

Last edited:

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
See everyone Saturday. I think we have two coming that I know of. Been craving pizza too!

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Damn I'm going to San Diego on the 5th, barely missing it. I want to hang out in SoCal for a little and decide if it's a place I want to move to in a few months.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Damn I'm going to San Diego on the 5th, barely missing it. I want to hang out in SoCal for a little and decide if it's a place I want to move to in a few months.
You can't go wrong with SoCal! Especially San Diego. I think by its geographical location, it has the best weather in the country. I'm still trying to move down there when I can. Fell in love with the place since I visited years ago.

I have friends who moved from the mid west and northeast because of the weather alone.

Cost of living isn't the cheapest and traffic sucks. Those are the biggest cons.

Enjoy your stay, bud.

John Robert

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Mar 19, 2014
Im in santa monica and willing to host the meeting next time at my offices if anyones down, we have beer and kombucha on tap :)

Ill def try and make it out to the pizza joint tho.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Im in santa monica and willing to host the meeting next time at my offices if anyones down, we have beer and kombucha on tap :)

Ill def try and make it out to the pizza joint tho.
That's awesome. SaMo is the new tech town in SoCal! I'm there often myself and wouldn't mind this granted there's parking. Haha.

Feel free to post up your office's address or a nearby restaurant we can meet up for next month. Or feel free to PM me as well and I'll update the post.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
it seems I can't edit the original post anymore. The time has been changed to 5PM! Another member requested the time change and since he is the only one planning to attend to my knowledge, I thought it would be fine to change the time.

So again, new time is 5pm this Saturday at the same pizza place on the first post.

Rance's Chicago Pizza - Costa Mesa
1420 Baker Street
Suite B
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Phone: (714) 708-2143

Last edited:

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Good meet up with Jay. Delicious pizzas albeit long wait time. Awesome to talk about our progresses monthly.

jk7yaa.jpg

205ide.jpg

Last edited:

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
I'm in SoCal and would be down to meet up the next time you guys are doing this. PM me details.
It's the firs Saturday of each month. Next location isn't decided yet. There's nothing secretive for PMs. You can follow the thread if you want.

Some mastermind groups have requirements to meet ie $10k a month revenue to ensure the members are on the same level. I figure with this, anyone who is driven can just join in and network. Only two months in and I'm having a blast. I actually make bullet points of stuff I want to discuss [emoji848]

Tony|Outwork Co.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 2, 2016
California
Hey Tony,

Our first meet up will be for lunch on 4/2. Place is in the original post.

Sorry, man...the IE is far from everywhere :( I looked at places around LA, Santa Monica, and OC...it looked like OC is still the closest drive for you, but still quite far.

If you come, save your cheat meal for it! :)
Sorry I missed it! How did it go?

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Folks!

Next meet up is on 5/7/16 at 12PM in Santa Monica. Place is http://seasaltfishgrill.com/SantaMonica/index.php?pg=home

SeaSalt
508 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
SANTA MONICA, CA 90401

You can park at the huge structure at the Santa Monica mall or in nearby structures...I believe parking is free for the first 60 or 90 minutes. Parking should be easy since it's still early in the morning.

Tony|Outwork Co.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 2, 2016
California
Folks!

Next meet up is on 5/7/16 at 12PM in Santa Monica. Place is http://seasaltfishgrill.com/SantaMonica/index.php?pg=home

SeaSalt
508 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
SANTA MONICA, CA 90401

You can park at the huge structure at the Santa Monica mall or in nearby structures...I believe parking is free for the first 60 or 90 minutes. Parking should be easy since it's still early in the morning.
I fly back into to Cali on Friday but it looks like I can make it.

allthatjazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 31, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Sweet, I'd like to meet up with you guys sometime! Just got a place out in the OC and don't really know anybody out here. I might be back in Scottsdale area on the 7th, but we'll see how it pans out.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I talked to a couple of folks who planned to attend, but could not because of Mother's Day weekend. At this point, the meeting will be postponed until the first Saturday of June because I don't know who is coming for sure.

Meeting will be on June 4th at the same place in SaMo.

Last edited:

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
@Wisith Did the last meet up end up happening? I tried to make it but something urgent came up.

Any plans for the next?
No one replies so I assumed no one was interested.

Another member and I met up to share our progress and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
@
@Wisith @allthatjazz

Looks like I'm pretty late to this party...you guys still interested in having a SoCal meetup? I'm in San Diego at the moment, but I'm willing to travel! :)

@allthatjazz : Congrats on moving back to So-Cal. I'm interested in a weekend meetup too. We had a group that met up once last year, I'll follow this thread and let them know if another meetup happens here and send out invites to them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.