What's new

Start of a new journey

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

maximross

New Contributor
Chiang Mai, Thailand & Melbourne, Australia
Hi Everyone,

I have just completed reading The Millionaire Fastlane a few days ago, and have been avidly reading the posts on this forum. What an eye opener the read has been, I have begun to understand the road I have been on and why I have not really been successful. A little bit about me to put things into context.

Graduating from RMIT University in Melbourne Australia in the mid 1990s, I went straight to work as a Telecoms Engineer for a multinational Canadian company called Nortel Networks. While the work was challenging and interesting, and gave me the opportunity to work in many different countries around SE Asia and Europe, the sacrifices were great and often.
60-70 hours per week were normal, with my longest work week coming in at 89 hours and 7 days. This was while I was working on a new cellular network rollout in Taiwan. Although money was good, this was not the way I wanted to spend my life, giving your heart and soul (and time) to a multinational.

After about 8 or 9 years, I was able to pay for a house pretty much in cash, and settled down to life back home. It was also at this time that I got the bug to start some business. I really wanted to put all my energy and passion into something of my own. While working, I had always enjoyed Starbucks, it provided a welcome relief and a few moments of time to relax during the busy work day - so I decided I wanted to recreate the experience in Melbourne in a local suburb that did not have such a "neighborhood coffee place".

Fast forward 2 or so years, and what MJ says in his book is so true - the business owned me with 4am starts and 6pm finishes, 7 days a week. I was making hardly any profit after paying rents and salary costs. I probably held more jobs in this 2 years than most have in a lifetime - chef, owner, barista, toilet cleaner, garbage man, painter, tiler, electrician, plumber, table server, dishwasher, sandwich maker, delivery driver, and God knows what else.

I sold the business at a loss, and went to Monash University to get an MBA. Why? I realized I had a critical lack of business skills, and needed to learn more before attemtping any other business ventures.

Fast forward another 3 or 4 years, now equipped with an MBA and a Masters of IT, I decided to start trading. Starting with ETFs and stocks, I quickly moved to options. Although I dabbled in FX, I never really participated in the market. Trading went well, and I could make a living, however that all ended during the financial crisis a few years ago.

The manipulation in the markets, the frozen positions, the lack of transparent information - all left a bitter taste in my mouth. I repatriated what was left of my money, and have not traded since. Schwed's book "Where Are the Customer Yachts" rang true.

A few years ago I met a wonderful girl, and we settled down in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We built a house that took 2 years to complete, as we were building ourselves with local labor hired from the village. We also have 2 lovely daughters.

About 2 years ago I started in the Internet Marketing field, and have gone the road of many before me - Adsene, Amazon review sites, and the likes. No success whats-so-ever. Although some sites did begin to show in Big G's first page, after their algorithm changes, it all vanished. I realized I cannot have a business that is 100% dependent on G's whims.

With respect to life now, we live in Melbourne but are currently on holidays in Chiang Mai. I just finished a 9 month contract for Telstra working in IP Networks, and will be looking to return to something similar. After finishing MJ's book, the spark has been ignited and I am trying to organize my thoughts and ideas as to what Fastlane style business ideas I can implement. I feel this is an exciting time of a new beginning. My eyes have really been opened as to why I have not been successful in business.

Thanks MJ for an excellent book.
Maxim Ross

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Getv gusxesf 2 us tu ziest, epf xjev NK tezt op jot cuul ot tu vsai - vji catopitt uxpif ni xovj 4en tvesvt epf 6qn gopotjit, 7 fezt e xiil. O xet neloph jesfmz epz qsugov egvis qezoph sipvt epf temesz dutvt. O qsucecmz jimf nusi kuct op vjot 2 ziest vjep nutv jewi op e mogivoni - djig, uxpis, cesotve, vuomiv dmiepis, hescehi nep, qeopvis, vomis, imidvsodoep, qmancis, vecmi tiswis, fotjxetjis, tepfxodj nelis, fimowisz fsowis, epf Huf lpuxt xjev imti.

Xux -- zua natv jewi ciip moli "XVG? Fof vjot haz tqz up nz mogi?" xjip zua sief vjev qettehi op nz cuul.

Exituni opvsu epf ximduni ecuesf.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom