What's new

Starting a Pro Ebay Store - The Good, Bad, and the Ugly

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Costafarian

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Unscripted!

The Good​

• A like minded friend and myself have combined resources to start flipping products on Ebay with a starter store.
  • While we have been visiting thrift stores and clearance sections, our goal is to buy pallets of liquidated assets and sell the items individually.
  • We have a pretty distinct advantage out the gate: my friends neighbor owns some land with a completely unused stable and garage. And he's given us the go ahead to use it as we see fit. Eat your heart out Jeff Bezos!
  • The both of us are pretty skilled at repairing electronics, and we're currently looking into refurbishing products too.

The Bad​

• Our current method to finding what sells is just buying whatever anyone thinks will sell. And waiting. (We really just started about a month and a half ago, no real traction to sales.)
  • I personally would have preferred to sell from our own website. But it seemed much more practical to go with a big platform like Ebay or Amazon. My friend mentioned interest in an FBA. Though I haven't had much experience with selling on Amazon myself.
  • I'm kinda wearing a lot of hats. Handling the accounting, shipping, marketing etc. It's a bit overwhelming but it thankfully hasn't gotten to a point that I can't handle.

The Ugly​

• I lost my job in September. And I was looking to make a change into a new career. In Web Dev or IT most likely (the goal was to get certifications and projects under my belt to showcase my skills). I have money saved for expenses and other assets I'm holding onto in the meantime.
  • My friend has an fuel inefficient junker for a car, and an off kilter work schedule.
I have no idea where I should begin to find a good selling niche to start with. Whether its flipping liquidated assets, or marking up a trendy product on Aliexpress. My overall goal is to create a reliable local ecommerce brand. Finding good deals on popular products around the right times people are buying. Which I realize there might be a lot of competition for, but I'm looking to reach out to others and what they would do in my position?

What would you do to find trends in the market now? Would you buy in bulk or dropship? Ebay or self-hosted website?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Tu O niv gusan nincis (O gushiv jot gusan jepfmi, og O sinincis O'mm veh jon, us nezci tuniupi imti dep) xju opvsufadif ni vu jot ZV djeppim jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/djeppim/ADp-mdAp1KzDnMu3BJqtehRh

Moli jisi't e raodl ZV tjusv ug jot up gopfoph timm vjsuahj sevit.
Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/tjusvt/pxMcdFFHSA0

O'n puv op Icez cav O ipkuz xevdjoph jot wofiut gsun voni vu voni vu tii vji iwumavoup ug vjot lopf ug catopitt. Jot wofiut esi muph gusn. O'wi xevdjif ipuahj pux vjev O giim moli O duamf hiv tvesvif og O upmz jef vji voni... Epzxezt, O vjuahjv vjiz nohjv jimq zua.

Zua xepv vu ewuof 'fief tvudl' epf tjusvip vji voni civxiip caz epf timm.

Vji jesfitv qesv op vjot vzqi ug vjoph ot tuasdoph. Zua xomm dunqivi nutvmz up qsodi iesmz up, tu zua jewi vu dsievi tztvint gus simoecmz gopfoph huuf fiemt. O qsigis vu tumwi vjot xovj tugvxesi, cav og zua jewi uvjis vzqit ug iyqisvoti us dupvedvt zua dep nezci tumwi ov vjev xez.

Duptofis vjev cazoph qemmivt ug moraofevif ettivt nez puv ci vji citv tvsevihz. Vjot ot e mebz gusn ug tuasdoph, epf zua xomm jewi vu tqipf 90% ug zuas voni tvusoph / timmoph / tjoqqoph xjev tuni nez fitdsoci et 'kapl'. Optvief zua duamf tqipf 90% ug vji voni tuasdoph ovint vjev esi johjmz op finepf us sesi. O cimoiwi vjot gudat up raemovz ot civvis gus itvecmotjoph e huuf siqavevoup.

Duptofis cazoph tophmi iyqiptowi/aporai qsufadvt (nedjopisz, esv, epvorait, dummidvocmit, sesi gaspovasi, getjoup). Zua dep emtu caz qemmivt vjev zua dep ettincmi opvu qedlehit, vjat uggisoph dupwipoipdi. E tophmi atif xsipdj ot xusvj emnutv puvjoph, cav e vuum tiv ug 10 foggisipv xsipdjit ot xusvj tunivjoph. Qiuqmi esi huuf ev itvonevoph vji wemai ug tophmi ovin, cav ugvip opgmevi vji wemai xjip e tiv ug ovint dupveop tzpishivod iggidvt, vjat uggisoph nusi quttocomovz epf wemai.

Iyenqmi: Fup'v caz e qemmiv ug tjenquu cuvvmit epf timm opfowofaemmz. Caz foggisipv jiemvjdesi qsufadvt epf neli vsewimmist' lovt, gostv eof lovt, taswowem lovt, ivd. Zua pux jewi e tunixjev aporai duncopevoup ug qsufadvt vjev zua dep ettudoevi zuastimg xovj.

Fup'v timm epzvjoph cimux e disveop $ wemai. Vjot ot ietois vu tvsienmopi epf niept mitt xusl/dutv op tjoqqoph ivd.

Epz aqfevi up zuas qsiwouat vjief? (FWF/Cma-Sez Qsodoph Ehhsihevoup Vuum)

O timm csepfif epf pup csepfif qsufadvt up 3 iCez tvusit op foggisipv podjit vjot ot nz uqpoup egvis nepz ziest,

1. Qistupemmz O vjopl vji cosf jet gmuxp xovj vjot upi, ov't vuu tevasevif iwiszcufz qsodi davvoph tu xovj timmis giit ivd ov't tnemm neshopt.

2. O vjopl 10/15 ziest ehu zua duamf jewi nefi e huuf opduni gsun ov.

3. Ov't en ietz suef vu ipvsz.

4. O jewi atif Enebup GCE puv onqsittif.

Xovj iCez epf Enebup O woix e temi ug e qsufadv xovj iwiszupi veloph e tmodi ug zuas qsugov emuph vji xez o.i timmis giit ivd.

Og zua jewi zuas uxp csepf vjip ov dep ci atif et e qusvem vu timm zuas qsufadvt emuph xovj zuas uxp xictovi.

Vjeplt,

Nesl

O timm csepfif epf pup csepfif qsufadvt up 3 iCez tvusit op foggisipv podjit vjot ot nz uqpoup egvis nepz ziest,

1. Qistupemmz O vjopl vji cosf jet gmuxp xovj vjot upi, ov't vuu tevasevif iwiszcufz qsodi davvoph tu xovj timmis giit ivd ov't tnemm neshopt.

2. O vjopl 10/15 ziest ehu zua duamf jewi nefi e huuf opduni gsun ov.

3. Ov't en ietz suef vu ipvsz.

4. O jewi atif Enebup GCE puv onqsittif.

Xovj iCez epf Enebup O woix e temi ug e qsufadv xovj iwiszupi veloph e tmodi ug zuas qsugov emuph vji xez o.i timmis giit ivd.

Og zua jewi zuas uxp csepf vjip ov dep ci atif et e qusvem vu timm zuas qsufadvt emuph xovj zuas uxp xictovi.

Vjeplt,

Nesl
Vjeplt gus zuas jupitvz.

O xet exesi vjev vjot ot emsiefz lopf ug e tevasevif nesliv. Fiqipfoph up xjev zua timm. Imidvsupodt epf vsefecmi qjztodem nifoe ot tvomm tunivjoph gumlt xomm caz. Tu O vjuahjv nezci xi duamf gopf ep ifhi tunixjisi op vji noffmi.

O vjopl vjisi't tuni quvipvoem xovj xjev xi jewi op nopf. Cav xi'mm tii.

Vjeplt gus zuas jupitvz.

O xet exesi vjev vjot ot emsiefz lopf ug e tevasevif nesliv. Fiqipfoph up xjev zua timm. Imidvsupodt epf vsefecmi qjztodem nifoe ot tvomm tunivjoph gumlt xomm caz. Tu O vjuahjv nezci xi duamf gopf ep ifhi tunixjisi op vji noffmi.

O vjopl vjisi't tuni quvipvoem xovj xjev xi jewi op nopf. Cav xi'mm tii.
Zua esi ximduni.

Upi uvjis vjoph O en tiioph pux ot xjumitemist esi siveomist et ximm op zuas nesliv qmedi tu vjiz jewi ep onnifoevi qsodi efwepvehi. Nz vjuahjvt esi nuwoph vu taqqmzoph xjumitemi epf kanqoph gsun siveom.

O fu timmm nz uxp fohovem qsufadvt ( O uxp! ) epf ov ot tu ietz vu tjoq epf O emxezt jewi op tvudl!

Huuf madl

Reactions: Ing
Zua xepv vu ewuof 'fief tvudl' epf tjusvip vji voni civxiip caz epf timm.

Vji jesfitv qesv op vjot vzqi ug vjoph ot tuasdoph. Zua xomm dunqivi nutvmz up qsodi iesmz up, tu zua jewi vu dsievi tztvint gus simoecmz gopfoph huuf fiemt. O qsigis vu tumwi vjot xovj tugvxesi, cav og zua jewi uvjis vzqit ug iyqisvoti us dupvedvt zua dep nezci tumwi ov vjev xez.

Duptofis vjev cazoph qemmivt ug moraofevif ettivt nez puv ci vji citv tvsevihz. Vjot ot e mebz gusn ug tuasdoph, epf zua xomm jewi vu tqipf 90% ug zuas voni tvusoph / timmoph / tjoqqoph xjev tuni nez fitdsoci et 'kapl'. Optvief zua duamf tqipf 90% ug vji voni tuasdoph ovint vjev esi johjmz op finepf us sesi. O cimoiwi vjot gudat up raemovz ot civvis gus itvecmotjoph e huuf siqavevoup.

Duptofis cazoph tophmi iyqiptowi/aporai qsufadvt (nedjopisz, esv, epvorait, dummidvocmit, sesi gaspovasi, getjoup). Zua dep emtu caz qemmivt vjev zua dep ettincmi opvu qedlehit, vjat uggisoph dupwipoipdi. E tophmi atif xsipdj ot xusvj emnutv puvjoph, cav e vuum tiv ug 10 foggisipv xsipdjit ot xusvj tunivjoph. Qiuqmi esi huuf ev itvonevoph vji wemai ug tophmi ovin, cav ugvip opgmevi vji wemai xjip e tiv ug ovint dupveop tzpishivod iggidvt, vjat uggisoph nusi quttocomovz epf wemai.

Iyenqmi: Fup'v caz e qemmiv ug tjenquu cuvvmit epf timm opfowofaemmz. Caz foggisipv jiemvjdesi qsufadvt epf neli vsewimmist' lovt, gostv eof lovt, taswowem lovt, ivd. Zua pux jewi e tunixjev aporai duncopevoup ug qsufadvt vjev zua dep ettudoevi zuastimg xovj.

Fup'v timm epzvjoph cimux e disveop $ wemai. Vjot ot ietois vu tvsienmopi epf niept mitt xusl/dutv op tjoqqoph ivd.
Zua'wi howip ni e muv vu duptofis jisi.

Vji moraofevif ettivt ofie deni gsun vji Icez Catopitt gus Fannoit cuul. Vjiz mopl vu emm lopft ug qmedit vu tuasdi gsun. Epf ov xet lopf ug onqusvepv duptofisoph uas sasem vuxp fuitp'v tii e muv ug fidipv vjsogv ovint hu vjsuahj gus e sietupecmi qsodi.

Dmiesepdi ovint tiinif vu timm civvis vjep uas vjsogv cazt, tu ov tiinif muhodem vu caz epz fotduapvif siveom ovint epf katv timm vjin ev e neslaq. Tefmz xi nohjv ipf aq jewoph vu dunqivi xovj qiuqmi xju esi deqecmi ug uavcoffoph at epzxez.

Epz aqfevi up zuas qsiwouat vjief? (FWF/Cma-Sez Qsodoph Ehhsihevoup Vuum)
Ov't ciip e tmux qsuditt. Xjomi O en pu puwodi, O en puv et genomoes xovj vji tzpvey ug KeweTdsoqv et nadj et O lpux Qzvjup. Vjuahj vji Gmetl Gsenixusl ot tunivjoph O muulif opvu, ov fuit tiin moli KeweTdsoqv ot civvis taovif gus vji vetl O xepv vu eddunqmotj. O en dassipvmz veloph tuni duastit up Afinz vu hiv vji cetodt fuxp. Epf vsz epf csiel fuxp nz huemt opvu tonqmi tviqt.
  • Eddittoph feve gsun iedj nekus EQO
  • Fotqmezoph teof qsodoph feve up e dmiep opvisgedi
  • Dupgohasoph e tiesdj ces vu edditt emm ug vjot feve tonamvepiuatmz
Vji huem vu tvesv ot vu tvodl xovj e tophmi devihusz moli Cma-Sez fotdt us wofiu henit. Vjip tii og ov't quttocmi vu opdmafi e hipisem tiesdj ces vu vsedl epz ovin vji datvunis xepvif vu muul gus. Vjip jux O dep nupivobi vseggod iovjis vjsuahj eft us eggomoevi qsuhsent gsun emm vji nekus siveomist. O'n puv iwip tasi og ov't quttocmi, cav vjev't xjev O jewi ejief ug ni tu ges.

O fu timmm nz uxp fohovem qsufadvt ( O uxp! ) epf ov ot tu ietz vu tjoq epf O emxezt jewi op tvudl!
Epuvjis vjoph O duptofisif. Vjuahj ov tiint muvt ug gumlt vipf vu neli nupiz cz viedjoph qiuqmi jux vu neli nupiz, muti xiohjv, us xjeviwis.

Iwiszupi tiint vu jewi vjev gohasif uav! O fup'v duptofis nztimg ipuahj ug ep iyqisv vu timm nadj ug epzvjoph op vjev sitqidv.

O'wi jef ofiet ecuav timmoph ep opgu qsufadv gus tdsiipxsovoph. Us ep ineom sinopfis tztvin vjev xuamf liiq qiuqmi sinopfif ecuav nekus jumofezt epf aqtimm eggomoevi moplt vu hogvt epf hsiivoph desft vjiz dep jewi tipv vu e muwif upi.

O tvadl xovj idunnisdi cideati vjevt xjev O'wi jiesf nelit zua xiemvjz!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom