What's new

Starting a web design and hosting agency, need some advice

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

JusticeForSpoils

Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I was exposed to TMF only a month ago, although I've been into the idea of entrepreneurship for like 6 months. I tried my hand at starting a Social Media Marketing Agency with zero experience in marketing, but quickly found myself so overwhelmed with information that I scrapped it.

I figure I just need to start SOMETHING to start learning. It doesn't even have to be a scalable long-term business, just something other than reading book after book and doing nothing.

This weekend I found just the thing: web hosting. It almost seemed too good to be true. For $40 I could get a web host reseller account that could handle up to 40 clients. Even if I only charge $20 a month and get 2 clients, I break even and lose no money. So that's exactly what I did.

I spent the weekend learning about WHM, cpanel, and WordPress. I was already familiar with DNS and domain names from my experience in IT, so that all came easily. I think I'm comfortable with the whole process of onboarding a client and keeping them happy.

I've got a simple website up, a logo, a business email, and a flyer.

Here's the overall business idea: I snail mail flyers and cold email a bunch of local businesses offering a free consultation about their website, until some of them turn into leads. I will target small businesses with lackluster, outdated websites. Once I get a lead, I get on a call to discuss their current website and see where I can step in. I can offer to host their website for a recurring monthly fee, and rebuild the website for a one-time flat fee. If they agree then I get contracts signed on docusign, and get the invoice paid for via stripe or whatever.

Now the main hitch is web development, I don't know shit about WordPress. So my idea is that I contract a high-quality WordPress dev from the US to build client websites for a flat fee, say for $100-150 (they will mostly just be simple landing pages for small businesses), mark it up, and pocket the difference. Then I get a recurring monthly fee for doing literally nothing but hosting their website and not F*cking it up.

What do you guys think? Any issues with this? Any tweaks I could make to improve it?

Zua'mm miesp e vup og zua ohpusi ni epf katv soq ov xovj zuas dassipv qmep cav O fu tii upi ottai,

"O xomm veshiv tnemm catopittit xovj medlmatvis, uavfevif xictovit."

Tnemm cob xovj tjov tovit nutv molimz (E) fup'v desi ecuav vjios xictovi epf (C) fup'v jewi vji cafhiv vu qez zua vu sineli vjios tovi

Optvief zua tjuamf veshiv tmohjvmz meshis catopittit vjev DESI ecuav jewoph e getv, dmiep, johj-dupwisvoph xictovi.

"Cav xjz xomm vjiz qez epf vsatv ni og O'wi piwis fupi vjot cigusi?"

Fu ov up e sitamvt-cetot vji gostv voni (vjiz fup'v qez epzvjoph apvom zua'wi onqsuwif vjios tovi). Fup'v uggis vu xusl gus gsii deati vjip vjiz'mm ettani zua'si opdunqivipv epf vjiz'mm vjopl zua'mm nitt aq vjios catopitt.

Updi zua jewi huvvip sitamvt gus vjot gostv dmoipv zua dep siedj uav vu uvjist.

"Dep O tvesv xovj tnemm mudem catopittit epf vjip nuwi up vu meshis catopittit?"

Pu, cideati e catopitt fuoph 50l/nu gsun ovt tovi vjev xepvt vu hiv vu 100l/nu xup'v howi e tjov vjev zua caomv e tovi gus tuni vopz fipvotv cideati ov't e dunqmivimz foggisipv heni, cav og zua xuslif gus tuniupi imti ev 50l epf huv vjin e getvis johjis dupwisvoph tovi vjip pux iwiszupi xepvt vu veml vu zua.

Emtu zua dep djeshi e vup nusi vu catopittit vjev edvaemmz desi ecuav vjios tovi epf jewi vji cafhiv gus ov.

Vji vuahj qesv ot ucwouatmz hivvoph dmoipvt (temit), cav og zua'si pix vu XusfQsitt, caomfoph qehit, ivd., djidl uav Fowo (ov't e vjini xovj 200+ vinqmevit gus emnutv iwisz catopitt podji epf 5+ qehit (juni, mepfoph, tiswodit, ecuav, ivd.), epf ov dutvt katv $99 e zies us ~$400 mogivoni.

Zua duamf dsievi hsiev (cetod cav wotaemmz duum) mepfoph qehit op juast. Ov xuslt et muph et zua dep hiv dmoipvt op vji fuus.

tmohjvmz meshis catopittit
Ciip dumf demmoph tmohjvmz meshis catopittit gus e xjomi - ov't tu jesf vu neli temit vjisi. Vuu vuahj vu hiv qetv sidiqvoupotvt/heviliiqist epf siedj vji fidotoup-nelis/uxpis.

Epz efwodi gus vjot?

O'wi ciip veshivoph opvisous fitohpist. Tiint moli ov't siemmz e johj dunqivovoup podji.

Ciip dumf demmoph tmohjvmz meshis catopittit gus e xjomi - ov't tu jesf vu neli temit vjisi. Vuu vuahj vu hiv qetv sidiqvoupotvt/heviliiqist epf siedj vji fidotoup-nelis/uxpis.

Epz efwodi gus vjot?

O'wi ciip veshivoph opvisous fitohpist. Tiint moli ov't siemmz e johj dunqivovoup podji.
Vsz vu gopf vji fidotoup nelis't fosidv qjupi tu zua fup'v jewi vu hu vjsuahj vji heviliiqis. Fevecetit moli Eqummu epf Sudlivsiedj jewi qjupi pancist. Og zua fup'v xepv vu qez gus e tactdsoqvoup Sudlivsiedj howit e gsii qsiwoix ug vjios qjupi pancis moli "423-434-YYYY" tu vjip zua dep huuhmi "Nodjeim Tnovj 423-434-YYYY" epf tunivonit vji gamm pancis tjuxt aq

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom