Fiddich
New Contributor
- Joined
- Dec 26, 2018
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 40%
G’day everyone!
I am just wondering if anyone has experience opening a physical shop and could offer me some advice?
First a little background.
I currently manufacture my own product (as in I make it myself) and sell it at various fairs/events, markets, shops (not my own) as well as online.
It is going alright so far, my biggest source of revenue at the moment is a market where on a good day I can bring in around $2000 revenue. This is only one day a week though and during the winter I don’t get as many sales as during the summer.
One idea I am thinking about at the moment is opening a shop in the town that I live in. I have worked out the technology which will allow me to have a shop with no employees so the customers can just go in and serve themselves.
I have went through the positives and negatives of not having anyone in the shop to serve customers and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives.
My biggest concern at the moment is the cost of running the shop and the potential not to cover those costs. Basically I don’t know if I will be able to sell enough of my product.
It will be about a $25000 investment to get the shop all setup and to run it for a year. I am not too worried about losing the money and will not require a loan as I have the cash but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how I could kind of gauge how many sales I could expect?
If anyone else has opened a shop I would love to hear about your experience and any advice you could give!
Cheers
I am just wondering if anyone has experience opening a physical shop and could offer me some advice?
First a little background.
I currently manufacture my own product (as in I make it myself) and sell it at various fairs/events, markets, shops (not my own) as well as online.
It is going alright so far, my biggest source of revenue at the moment is a market where on a good day I can bring in around $2000 revenue. This is only one day a week though and during the winter I don’t get as many sales as during the summer.
One idea I am thinking about at the moment is opening a shop in the town that I live in. I have worked out the technology which will allow me to have a shop with no employees so the customers can just go in and serve themselves.
I have went through the positives and negatives of not having anyone in the shop to serve customers and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives.
My biggest concern at the moment is the cost of running the shop and the potential not to cover those costs. Basically I don’t know if I will be able to sell enough of my product.
It will be about a $25000 investment to get the shop all setup and to run it for a year. I am not too worried about losing the money and will not require a loan as I have the cash but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how I could kind of gauge how many sales I could expect?
If anyone else has opened a shop I would love to hear about your experience and any advice you could give!
Cheers
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
