The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting an online community

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Zane Staples

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 9, 2024
San Diego
Hi all,

I recently joined this forum and have been avidly reading every post as well as continuing reading @MJ DeMarco books. Almost a year ago I had the idea to create a virtual national (potentially transnational) business "club"/organization. As I am 21 years old and a senior in college that would be my target audience for this organization. I have access to hundreds of thousands of students emails as well as multiple (self-proclaimed) smart ways to go about marketing this club to ages 18-30 meeting the first Sunday of every month virtually. Living in San Diego has provided me with excellent networking opportunities, where I am fortunate to be able to ask many CEO's, CFO's , etc of multiple 9-10+ digit business, to come and speak at these meetings, provide insight, internships, and job opportunities to young ambitious persons. I have already put a lot of time and effort into phasing out this organization and creating a good structure that I am confident on, with near sighted profit focused on affiliation programs, social media, and whatnot. Future goals would be looking to potentially transition the following I have into some sort of MLM organization for a product I myself would create. Or even transitioning into getting asserted as some sort of nationwide club or even Frat/Sorority like organization with varying levels of management largely running the operations.

I have 2 questions for all of you. First, I would love to create a forum similar to our very own Fastlane Forum for this organization. I would love to know if there are any good tips on where I can research/learn how to go about creating one myself, as well as creating a sleek looking website/web design. Secondly, I have only briefly searched this topic but Zoom and Microsoft Teams only allow 300 (max occasionally 1,000) people to be on a call at one point. Off of my initial projections I believe I could soar past that number of 1,000 monthly participants within 2-3 months after the first organized meeting and am curious if anyone knows of other sites that can host a large quantity of people for virtual meetings.

-Thanks! I Hope everyone (who isn't free yet of working for 5 days to earn 2 days of freedom ;) enjoys the upcoming weekend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

College Dropout

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Nov 22, 2017
Winston-Salem, NC
Hi all,

I recently joined this forum and have been avidly reading every post as well as continuing reading @MJ DeMarco books. Almost a year ago I had the idea to create a virtual national (potentially transnational) business "club"/organization. As I am 21 years old and a senior in college that would be my target audience for this organization. I have access to hundreds of thousands of students emails as well as multiple (self-proclaimed) smart ways to go about marketing this club to ages 18-30 meeting the first Sunday of every month virtually. Living in San Diego has provided me with excellent networking opportunities, where I am fortunate to be able to ask many CEO's, CFO's , etc of multiple 9-10+ digit business, to come and speak at these meetings, provide insight, internships, and job opportunities to young ambitious persons. I have already put a lot of time and effort into phasing out this organization and creating a good structure that I am confident on, with near sighted profit focused on affiliation programs, social media, and whatnot. Future goals would be looking to potentially transition the following I have into some sort of MLM organization for a product I myself would create. Or even transitioning into getting asserted as some sort of nationwide club or even Frat/Sorority like organization with varying levels of management largely running the operations.

I have 2 questions for all of you. First, I would love to create a forum similar to our very own Fastlane Forum for this organization. I would love to know if there are any good tips on where I can research/learn how to go about creating one myself, as well as creating a sleek looking website/web design. Secondly, I have only briefly searched this topic but Zoom and Microsoft Teams only allow 300 (max occasionally 1,000) people to be on a call at one point. Off of my initial projections I believe I could soar past that number of 1,000 monthly participants within 2-3 months after the first organized meeting and am curious if anyone knows of other sites that can host a large quantity of people for virtual meetings.

-Thanks! I Hope everyone (who isn't free yet of working for 5 days to earn 2 days of freedom ;) enjoys the upcoming weekend.

You want to steal student emails to start an MLM? Fairly certain there are privacy laws to prevent what you're proposing.

akshayazariah

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 24, 2023
I have access to hundreds of thousands of students emails
You have access... but are they okay with being emailed by you? If not, then you're probably not going to get the reception from most of them that you're expecting.
I have already put a lot of time and effort into phasing out this organization and creating a good structure that I am confident on, with near sighted profit focused on affiliation programs, social media, and whatnot.
That's cool and all so long as you're fulfilling a need, or providing the relief to the pain. Or taking an existing process and skewing it so that it's better than the available options on the market.
First, I would love to create a forum similar to our very own Fastlane Forum for this organization. I would love to know if there are any good tips on where I can research/learn how to go about creating one myself, as well as creating a sleek looking website/web design.
While I can't help on the community front, I do know that there are tons of options available for creating that sleek-looking website. I currently use systeme.io as my budget-friendly marketing weapon, but you could learn a tool like Webflow within half an hour and produce a kick-a$$ website within days (if that).
Off of my initial projections I believe I could soar past that number of 1,000 monthly participants within 2-3 months after the first organized meeting and am curious if anyone knows of other sites that can host a large quantity of people for virtual meetings.
Off your projections? Why not instead figure out how many people are actually interested in what you're doing by setting up a survey, collecting the emails of those interested, creating a list and then set up the meeting? As for the video conferencing, I can't say I know of any completely free tools that allow you to host 1,000+ people, but you could easily shoehorn this by setting up a YouTube livestream that broadcasts your Zoom call with 100 people and have a partner keep their eyes glued to the YouTube stream.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.