What's new

Starting the fast lane after a lifetime of sidewalks

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Joe_B

New Contributor
Hi I'm a 55-Year-old entrepreneur, who has only just discovered MJ DeMarco's work and it's really spun my head.
I'm originally from the UK but live in Australia.

My early background is I come from a loving family with a very high-achieving and famous Dad. It was a very unusual childhood... and I loved it... but I did like to ask questions, experiment and wanted to experience everything wether I was meant to or not!

1983 - Got expelled from school. I finished my schooling at 16.

Drifted into the dance music world, and started dancing at clubs like MJ ... That where the similarities stopped, as I took a darker path and got heavily involved in the drug and petty crime scene that went with it. Ended up in a gaol cell for a fairly serious crime and facing a custodial sentence... and that's when I started to turn things around. Got a proper job within the music industry, then started doing my own thing, running labels, producing etc but struggled to stay away from the night time activities, so I left the industry and moved to Australia.

Spent a couple of years in conservation... I just wanted to do something good and give back, whilst I worked out what to do next. Meanwhile got myself fit.

2000 - My Dad a professional adventurer invited me to climb an unclimbed peak with him, which I did and it was whilst I was there, and saw people who should have been having the adventure of a lifetime but looked shattered, i decided to get into fitness industry.

Quickly got a good reputation in my field and had a strong client base ... but as a sidewalker ... always lived beyond my means ... always had something to prove. Was also a sole trader so had basically created a job.
Got married, had 2 kids ... got sidetracked into a "Big Hit" investment scheme (I can see MJ shaling his head) and ended up further in debt.
Decided to leverage and opened my own gym, but hamstrung by existing debts, so sold equity to raise cash.

Upgraded and got a bigger gym, and more staff ... and then COVID hit.

In a funny kind of way COVID has been good for me, it's cleaned the slate and given me an opportunity to start again and put in best practices from the start... and pay attention to the mentors I've found along the way and resources like this.

The gym, its $120k lease and $350k labor costs are gone. It's back to just me, but building a leveraged digital business.

I have a good reputation and a good profile and a reputation in my field internationally. I have a great niche in an area that people are prepared to spend quite a bit of dosh so I'm putting together digital info products around that.

I'm loving the learning curve and am enthused and excited for the future and all I can learn.

Now I've just got to make up for lost time :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom