The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Sticker Burr Roller - Cool Product Development Story

Idea threads

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I saw an excellent Facebook video ad for a product called a sticker burr roller. I'm not sure why FB targeted me with this ad since I don't currently have a yard, but the video really caught my attention and was well produced.

If you live in the Southwest or most warmer areas of the world, you might be familiar with goat head thorns. You definitely would know of them if you ever stepped on one barefoot.

Here is an unbiased, well done review of the product itself. Like the reviewer, I think the basic design is solid with room for improvement, but fairly ingenious solution for a really nasty problem.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD8uVesMQbQ

I started looking into the product more to learn about its background and found this note on Facebook from the owner of the company:

My Story - From the Owner
About 6 Years Ago I Was Married and Had 5 step Children
I Had just Moved the family into a new place and the yard was completely infested with Goat head stickers,
I was reminded really quickly what it was like to live in the south west,
The children would go play in the yard and then bring those stickers into the house on their shoes,
the house became over run by these poking annoying stickers,
Without fail I would step on one every time I walked in the house without shoes,
After about 6 months I really got frustrated and seriously decided that I was going to go do something about it,
I went and found my weed burner propane torch and I decided that I was going to cook those suckers clear gone,
I spent a couple days burning them until they were bright red, I wanted to make sure they never came back,
After burning through a full tank with my flame thrower, I decided to shop vacuum the whole yard,
But after days of vacuuming and filling garbage cans with sand and stickers I decided I would be doing this job for weeks,
I was really desperate and I also came to the realization that I could be weeks,
My garbage can was so heavy that I could barely move it,
I had the idea to find a round log and put a rubber floor mat on it,
So I set out to figure it out, I cut a half piece of pipe as a scraper, and it worked, so then I started coming up with several other ideas that just became my passion and life mission,
Over the next couple years I spent months and months, nights of not sleeping and decided to make it my life mission,
The Name of My Company is Inspired Tool Design LLC,
For 2-3 years I made these tools out of PVC pipe and I sold them locally through Facebook,
I also Had Some major life changes that Needed to Take place before everything Could line up for me,
I lost my family because I was at the time dealing with alcohol addiction,
I knew that I needed to make some life changes before I could experience any real success,
It took a couple years before I could pick up my Dream again & Dust it off and start working towards building something that I could be proud of and make something that would be affective,
Honestly I had to rebuild from the inside out, I needed to go within,
1 year and 10 months later I had decided it was time,
At the time I was working in construction building concrete foundations for new houses,
I told my 8 guys that I had to leave,
It was Time to go, I got in my truck just an hour after showing up for work and I Drove home,
When I got home I told my mother that I had quit my job and that I was going full time building Burr Busters,
She looked at me with a little surprise and asked how will we pay the bills?
I told her that I didn’t know but this is what I was going to do from now on,
This was October 2021
By November and December I knew that it was time to go into Metal fabrication,
I spent the next few months figuring out how,
In January 2022 I had found a local fabrication company who could fabricate/weld & powder Coat, FX powder coating,
So they made the first model and I started modifying everything to make it work,
I then asked them to make 40 burr busters,
I went back to work to come up with the money to purchase these and with the help of a great friend I was able to borrow some money,
So in February I requested they build 40 then March 40 more then April 100
Then I was invited to go to a show in Las Vegas, I had 30 days to get everything ready,
I didn’t have a business license, didn’t have a website, didn’t have anything, but I had just finished up on my way to las Vegas and was literally picking up my banner and pamphlets on my way,
I went to the show and it was a hit,
After that show I was home resting and I was on TikTok and I decided to create an account and post a video,
Well that’s when everything took off,
That 11 second video had over 10 million views in 72 hours
And 18 million in the week,
I had $150,000 in sales in a couple of days,
We are located in a small community boarding southern Utah and Northern Arizona,
We have over 2 million in sales nationwide and sell in over 32 states,
The best decision I ever made was to listen to my Dream and to Do what ever it takes!
My Name is Stacy Stubbs
And I Am The creator of the sticker Burr Roller/ Burr Buster
I promise you that if you never Give up on yourself
That your life will get better,
Becoming your own best friend is a life changing experience!
It’s my life goal to inspire others!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.