The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Storytelling: Developing Brand or Product Identity.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Hey everyone,

I'm Dylan,

I am a deaf person however I have never seen it as a disability and to put it as my brother said it, its a enability! It allows me to see and perceive the world like no other. Problems that no one thinks about, solutions that are simple.

I'm a average well adjusted person that has a extremely supportive girlfriend, about to finish college with a degree in Industrial Design, and unfortunately... college loans. Which is my first fastlane goal. Get rid of my debt!

Currently I've been searching for jobs until my older brother @jpanarra smacked some sense into me and told me to read a damn book. That book took me here.

I know the general consensus is that never go in business with family, and that is my intention, we are looking to develop completely independant businesses that can support each other. I want a fully successful business, but I also want to see my family flourish too.

After reading the book and taking notes through all of it, i digested it, and brainstormed, I had a idea pop up and it's always been something I've done through college, help a friend with their logo, or someone else with their site and so on.

The idea could be that I function as a middleman or story teller for someone who can't tell their stories regarding brand or product identity.

Here is a very rough draft I've got laid out, please any feedback or criticism is welcomed.

Become a middleman for product developers.

-Help them create a platform to tell their stories in a form of media, from it being a image to interactive sites or a video.

-Create a brand identity from logos to colors and more.

- Create a experience for the users or customers to see.

-Personal Brand Development

-Graphic Design

-Marketing/Storytelling

How do is the story told?

Step one:
What is it?

Figure out the story, what is the customer trying to sell?
Set up a theme/mood board, figure out the relevancy of the product.

Step Two:
Development

93% of buyers focus on visual appearance. How do you sell that to your customers?

Pick the right color scheme; focus on specific colors for specific goals in the brand.

Brand does not have to be limited to logos but can also apply to products. Color of products can induce a purchase!

Step Three:
Ideation and brainstorming

Develop multiple logos or variations in the product/brand based on the customer’s desires.

Work off on selections in color, and theme/mood board.

Meet with the client frequently through the process.

Step Four:
Refine the product!

Create a clear sense of identity; get a sense of the story now. Then you can create a story around the brand or the product.

-Refined Logo or product

Step 5:
Telling the story.

The product is now clear, how to market it? Create the story, Help them create a presentation that can range from a landing page, an interactive site, videos, physical exhibitions.
The job is then complete.

This method is intended to help the customer generate sales.

Looking forward to making some progress on this, and any feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
These are some examples of quick logos or brands that i developed for some friends or some were personal projects. Just a bit of a glimpse of the recent work I've done in the last month or so except for my logo

The NYDDG is an example of a middle stage of the logo development process allowing the customer to choose their preferences or show different examples of colors. There were approximately 10-15 different variations in the logo itself before reaching a agreement and now the colors is the part of the dialogue. It is for a local non-profit Disc golfing club.

Also relevant to my idea, in High school, I designed permanent fixtures in the cafeteria, bulletin boards, the school news, graduation tickets, and more. It was enjoyable because i helped the school develop a stronger personal identity.

I then entered Rochester Institute of Technology and studied Industrial Design however I also have a minor in communication, advertising and marketing which set the basis of my idea, brand development for a product or a company.

So right now I'm still trying to figure out how to help people. could these examples also be carried out in the industry?

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 2.30.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 4.22.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 2.12.10 PM.png .

Last edited:

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Wow! A old friend of mine reached out to me about something that I was involved with a while ago art related. However we started talking and I told him that I was trying to get this idea off the ground.

He then said that he was in charge of a group with members in the upper 4 figures on facebook that was very involved with the community and that in some time he was going to get some money together so I could be commissioned to do a design. He wanted to be able to build a brand around the community and become a Non-Profit Organization.

I thought to myself that I'm only experimenting right now and I told him I would do it for free no charge.

It would end up as a logo/icon/image that represents his company and go on stickers, shirts, journals etc, essentially building a brand.

After some discussion, he was overjoyed, and then he added me to the group immediately and currently am embroiled in a great discussion about the project they're developing. Looking forward to the results.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Hello,

It seems that people are in fact looking or interested for a way to develop their product/services and have a clear and significant form of showcasing it so it will help generate interest or profit for them.

So far I am working with 3 clients right now, it's a good start but still finding my footing. The client with the non profit organization is now currently in step 3 with me regarding my previous post update.

"Step Three:
Ideation and brainstorming
Develop multiple logos or variations in the product/brand based on the customer’s desires.
-Work off on selections in color, and theme/mood board.
-Meet with the client frequently through the process."

Another client who is currently establishing his own web development company proves for a much more difficult challenge since he has no idea what his images want to be, I know his target audience and his product however incorporating those images could turn the logo into something very tacky. It could turn off his potential customers or end up in a sea of similar brands.

A idea I just had was that I asked the client for 10 clear words that he is looking for that represents his service, I got them and now there can be more ideation and development so the process is being refined.

So it's very good practice, his brand identity is clear and I am working with him on it but there is no logo that is associated with it just yet. Are there any good resources where I could look into for any tips or suggestions on working with difficult clients in case I encounter more difficult ones later? I have some myself but I am open to more!

I am also considering looking into developing websites myself too but more focused on front end work and conceptual images for the client to choose from then developing the site and brand from there for their product or services, is there any suggestions or advice anyone could offer?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
So far I am working with 3 clients right now, it's a good start but still finding my footing. The client with the non profit organization is now currently in step 3 with me regarding my previous post update.

Awesome dude, making faster progress than me when i first started on this forum!

I am also considering looking into developing websites myself too but more focused on front end work and conceptual images for the client to choose from then developing the site and brand from there for their product or services, is there any suggestions or advice anyone could offer?

I would suggest focus on what skills you already have and then follow the money, the money might not take you the route you're thinking even if you see others being successful at one thing. Also, how would you think to take this to become fast lane, aka scaling... how do you see yourself scaling a branding business? Only because, if you're only a one man army its another job and very difficult to change it into a fast lane vehicle.

Keep it up!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Thanks Brother! @jpanarra

I agree about focusing on what skills i have so today I developed a business strategy that's more for me to follow to ensure I have control and there is a need out there for my service.

This is now my first step when working with a client, I've developed 6 steps to follow and am currently utilizing it with two clients. I will adjust it accordingly as the time goes by or if it isn't working revamp it.

Step one: Develop a relationship

Talk to your customer, Get to know them a bit and learn about their work.

Learn about their product/service. ASK QUESTIONS to determine cost of service.

What is the Product or Service?

What are they looking for at the end of the job, what is their issue with their product and service?

Are you…

-Helping create a brand identity?

(From scratch or rebrand the company itself, their service, or a product they’re making, for ex. Hasbro owns Transformers; both are recognizable as separate brands)

-Developing a product or service?

-Making a website concept, video/script, poster or an marketing strategy?

-Creating an exhibit or showcase at a trade show (comic con or a toy fair for example) for them?

This focuses on their NEEDS and gives me CONTROL over what i'm doing through the project.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
This focuses on their NEEDS and gives me CONTROL over what i'm doing through the project.

Awesome, and love the fact that your covering the NCENTS, but I'm wondering how do you plan on steamrolling and raising the price on your clients?

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Awesome, and love the fact that your covering the NCENTS, but I'm wondering how do you plan on steamrolling and raising the price on your clients?

That's still the struggle, however there is room for growth, the more clients I get, the higher I can go. Building a reputation of good service and good branding is invaluable so hopefully after building a good profolio and growing, I can then upscale by using credentials.

However, if it isn't working after a few months, it is definitely time to re-think strategies. I also am not sure how to reach out or to get clients, that's something I'm still iffy about as well.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Landed a higher profile client today who has a solid business, he's a friend of my dad's though so I'm still working through personal networks and building a portfolio.

I was talking to @jpanarra and we were discussing as our own separate businesses develop there will be little victories and big victories. Little losses and big losses.

I told him that a good idea would be to have the control of the project or service is to have half upfront, then have half at the end before you have the project handoff (give access to documents,sites, whatever you're doing) to prevent loss of work, and money. This ensures LEVERAGE and CONTROL. However with the first few clients and doing pro bono, don't worry about that, once you get a paying client, you should have figured out the security and control over your project.

Also I was watching Chill with bob ross while working last night for some background stimulation, such a mellow dude, he said something that really stuck with me,

"All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind.”

I thought to myself that doesn't only apply to paint, it applies to you, whoever is reading and whatever you're trying. You can be a painter regardless of talent, bad or good, but if you put the time or energy in, you can be great. So keep on painting.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
little victories and big victories. Little losses and big losses.

Yup, I know I haven't had mine yet. And they happen when you least expect it, what you have to do is to make sure that you can adapt as quickly as possible and do the best as you can to accommodate the wins and losses. Because as strange it sounds, big wins can lead to a big loss because you might get over your head too fast and you lose control of your projects.

I told him that a good idea would be to have the control of the project or service is to have half upfront, then have half at the end before you have the project handoff (give access to documents ,sites, whatever you're doing) to prevent loss of work, and money. This ensures LEVERAGE and CONTROL. However with the first few clients and doing pro bono, don't worry about that, once you get a paying client, you should have figured out the security and control over your project.

Also, don't forget, the goal of getting clients is to build a network, then you can work from referrals and other people that are satisfied with your product. This forum what I've found over the past few months is a massive networking opportunity with a large group of like-minded people driven for success. I've already have had great conversations with a number of members on here and have slowly noticed my mentality shift. I know you've been here for a short time, but I think this forum is a place where you spend more time, you'll change more towards a better person/entrepreneur. And that alone will bring you business.

"All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind.”

What a great quote from a cool dude, That's the series on Netflix right?

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
I made my first sale, as I was going through it I was extremely nervous yet bold then a wave hit me, it was a good thing.

It was akin to walking on the beach,stepping closer to the ocean, as you get closer something inside you feels uneasy, you take that first step into the ocean, a wave runs through you, another step, another wave crashes, however the further you step, the waves settle and you float in a vast ocean of opportunity and that sense of unease becomes a sense of hunger and motivation...

Its getting through those waves that pushes you back to get you ahead of all the boogie boarders.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Awesome dude, making faster progress than me when i first started on this forum!

I would suggest focus on what skills you already have and then follow the money, the money might not take you the route you're thinking even if you see others being successful at one thing. Also, how would you think to take this to become fast lane, aka scaling... how do you see yourself scaling a branding business? Only because, if you're only a one man army its another job and very difficult to change it into a fast lane vehicle.

Keep it up!

I am loving this thread! By the way, I don't mean to be rude @DesignerOne. and interrupt your flow but I have a question for @jpanarra and maybe you could answer as well. Relating to the above boldened segment of the quote above, I find it very natural to public speak and it's something I want to do for the rest of my life. It's the only skill/talent that has ever come very naturally to me. I've considered starting a business built on public speaking but reality reveals that public speaking is more of a 'secondary skill' that enhances whatever your primary skill is (e.g. marketing, politics), for example, Gary Vaynerchuk. I also don't want to be a motivational speaker because it just doesn't feel right to me. My only real option is starting a public speaking coaching business, something similar to the Toastmasters' Organisation but I don't think that will really provide value to anyone.

So do you think I should find a way to build a business around my current skill which I really enjoy doing or should I just learn another skill like design/programming/writing etc. and use public speaking as a way to just share my ideas on the topic.

Actually, now that I've typed this out, I think my real problem is finding a subject I can really enjoy speaking about. I'm so lost at the moment, haha.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I am loving this thread! By the way, I don't mean to be rude @DesignerOne. and interrupt your flow but I have a question for @jpanarra and maybe you could answer as well. Relating to the above boldened segment of the quote above, I find it very natural to public speak and it's something I want to do for the rest of my life. It's the only skill/talent that has ever come very naturally to me. I've considered starting a business built on public speaking but reality reveals that public speaking is more of a 'secondary skill' that enhances whatever your primary skill is (e.g. marketing, politics), for example, Gary Vaynerchuk. I also don't want to be a motivational speaker because it just doesn't feel right to me. My only real option is starting a public speaking coaching business, something similar to the Toastmasters' Organisation but I don't think that will really provide value to anyone.

So do you think I should find a way to build a business around my current skill which I really enjoy doing or should I just learn another skill like design/programming/writing etc. and use public speaking as a way to just share my ideas on the topic.

Actually, now that I've typed this out, I think my real problem is finding a subject I can really enjoy speaking about. I'm eso lost at the moment, haha.

Sure man, Since you know you can offer a skill and talent that you can market. But ask yourself, what is it worth? how much will you charge people for your services/speeches. At the moment if you went up to someone and pitched your services, how much would they pay for it. Now since you've never done it before, i would suggest you start doing them for free. Build a brand/image of yourself and what kind of topics will be linked to your brand like you said in your post. For example, tony robbins and motivation, deepak chopra for meditation and spiritual enlightenment, david ramsey for money.. etc. There is so many diffrent topics you could talk about you need to find a niche you're passionate about and it'll be easier to do. Dont forget to go for the NCENTS mentioned in the book, think about how you'll implement your plan.

Also, since public speaking is your skill, have you considered doing podcasting?

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Sure man, Since you know you can offer a skill and talent that you can market. But ask yourself, what is it worth? how much will you charge people for your services/speeches. At the moment if you went up to someone and pitched your services, how much would they pay for it. Now since you've never done it before, i would suggest you start doing them for free. Build a brand/image of yourself and what kind of topics will be linked to your brand like you said in your post. For example, tony robbins and motivation, deepak chopra for meditation and spiritual enlightenment, david ramsey for money.. etc. There is so many diffrent topics you could talk about you need to find a niche you're passionate about and it'll be easier to do. Dont forget to go for the NCENTS mentioned in the book, think about how you'll implement your plan.

Also, since public speaking is your skill, have you considered doing podcasting?

Very good point and you've just helped me to realize something, I'm only 18 however so I doubt anyone will take me seriously if I started speaking about things like motivation and spiritual growth. I think it's best if I try out more businesses and find one that I can enjoy and then employ public speaking when I feel I've gotten crucial knowledge of that business. Until then, I'll keep public speaking as a hobby. Thank you sir!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Until then,

So you're putting it off? 18 or not I suggest you not to. Start something today, learn about podcasting, browse through the forum and see what topics you might be interested in. Develop the skills you need to be marketable then start getting clients. not "until then" , NOW

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
So It's been a hectic week but productive. I'm currently in my finals week at my university, about to graduate!

I've been looking into graduate schools solely to provide me a better vehicle and more skills/knowledge to build my service up since I don't want a JOB but to focus on building this service. I broke my first barrier today, Making money. So it is moving along. Now onto the next barrier!

I was talking to my brother @jpanarra and we're currently talking about different ways of standing out/providing exceptional service and thought why not provide 50 free business cards to whoever hires me, with the design of whatever they had me do, printed on the card.

There also would be a completed business card file ready for printing and cutting given to the client for free personal/business use after the first 50.

All in all, a really productive week. My productivity prior to the book and researching on the forum, finding all these nuggets of gold is absolutely embarrassing. I also set up a trello to arrange goals and currently reading, "Breaking the time barrier." Which is also included below.

https://www.freshbooks.com/assets/other/Breaking-the-Time-Barrier.pdf

The author on the last page of the pdf gives permission to share this book to anyone so please take a look! It's fantastic so far and about scaling/growing!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Now the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over, I finally sit here at my desk again in my home with a fresh cup of coffee.

January has been off to a great start, I started a new method of cold emailing/messaging entrepreneurs using various forums and targeting other people looking to develop new material for their companies/brands. It's been kicking a$$. I also am gradually learning how to communicate to people, and how to help them more rather than think about where I'm going with this endeavor. I'm focused on keeping the ball rolling, and let it grow!

I got $300 in sales as of the first week of January and It isn't over yet. Granted I have to complete the jobs but I have no doubt I will and to their satisfaction too.

The only struggle I have is scaling up and figuring it out but for the first time in my life, I feel like I have actual direction and something to aim for.

I also had my first Client to approach me and not me hunt for one thanks to someone from this forum referring me! That was a amazing moment, and I'm looking forward to grow more and get more clients to approach me.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Thread watched.

A service which interests me (as a customer!)

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Emails like this sent to me is what I aim for every time I finish a job with a customer. The key to success is repeat customers! Blanked out names for personal protection. Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 1.30.16 PM.jpg
PS: my brother @jpanarra just showed me a link to this dude, he has legit advice that he provides for free so I'll take advantage of it. Felt like it was worth a share!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0q8y9R__Y

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Emails like this sent to me is what I aim for every time I finish a job with a customer. The key to success is repeat customers! Blanked out names for personal protection. View attachment 13887
PS: my brother @jpanarra just showed me a link to this dude, he has legit advice that he provides for free so I'll take advantage of it. Felt like it was worth a share!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0q8y9R__Y

Yeah, that's a great video. I'm currently struggling with the sales front and it helped me identify where I think I need to improve and work on my sales. Yet, you're already killing it!

Keep that ball rolling and pushing for more!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
A great book I just got through that can really help anyone honestly with their brainstorming and thinking process. It is more design oriented for sure though but still worth taking a look at. The title is "Graphic Design Thinking: Beyond Brainstorming by Ellen Lupton"

Graphic Design Thinking (Design Briefs): Ellen Lupton, Jennifer Cole Phillips: 9781568989792: Amazon.com: Books

There's great information in it that helps you understand how design can drive sales. It has case studies of different campaigns, and how those companies developed their ads or campaigns, which drove some of their sales!

Some things it discusses.
-How to define problems (Brainstorming, focus groups, research, etc.)
-How to get ideas (Collaborations, symbolism, etc.)
-How Designers think (How to get in the mood to work, How to edit your own work, or others!)

It also discusses on how to make good presentations, show concepts clearly. Definitely worth a read and is helping me with what I'm focusing on. That being said, it does leave a lot more unanswered however there are a ton of tidbits and references to other books and other people, which is a goldmine and great resource for anyone looking to brush up on their skills.

I also just picked up another solid book that focuses on brand identity, so whoever's reading right now, you'll find out soon if it's worth picking up! (it probably will be)

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Today I started to feel the effects of getting up early and being productive from it being working out or doing a simple task to start off the day right. The last few weeks it was a constant battle with me and sleep. But today I achieved a lot more than I usually do in a day, and I feel even more motivated to kick a$$. This is thanks to one post Fox posted a while ago about getting up early, and doing productive things. It sets you up to have a good day.

I'm heading to a young professionals meet up in my city and excited to grab a few clients!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Started to target the big boys today. The cream of the crop as @jpanarra says. He warned that i'll probably struggle with phone calls so I have some work cut out for me.

I've been targeting smaller clients, getting nibbles, it built my confidence and was good practice, but damn it, I'm hungry.

Also just downloaded a Gmail app today called Streak, It's kicking a$$, didn't even know you could see them looking at it. I sent out a email and got 8 views on it, they didn't answer but I basically slapped them in the face about their design and showed how I could help.

Streak - CRM in your Inbox

Hopefully I'll get more bites soon.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Big sale today on udemy, 15 dollars for a ton of courses. Taking one right now based on Cold-Emailing and the amount of information I'm getting is absolutely invaluable.

Take a look, if you're interested in improving your skills or if you're good at it, it's a great review.

How to Write a Professional Email: Cold Emailing - Udemy

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Big sale today on udemy, 15 dollars for a ton of courses. Taking one right now based on Cold-Emailing and the amount of information I'm getting is absolutely invaluable.

Take a look, if you're interested in improving your skills or if you're good at it, it's a great review.

From what I heard from you, anybody that wants to try and get sales or warm leads should take this course. I've already learned a lot from @Fox and his threads, also learned alot from @Andy Black . But if Udemy is on sale, I'll grab it for some good references and maybe learn some other tactics!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
From what I heard from you, anybody that wants to try and get sales or warm leads should take this course.

Absolutely, and even though we learned a lot from their great threads, this class also can be a great review or give you more suggestions!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny

I just finished the course, it's insane how much I learned from it.

I wrote my first script shared it with @jpanarra and got a positive review from it.

-All About the customer
-Included a spot for personal elements for each single client I reach out to.
-Established I'm a expert

Absolutely pumped up right now, I think it's time to put on some Wolf of wall street and start utilizing my hitlist.

I also just recruited my first salesman today to take my calls for me, I literally can't call anyone at all, so we'll see how this goes!

IF SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING. ADJUST AND TEST, I was stuck on this issue for about 2 weeks, took initiative to improve my emails, and start reaching out, now I just completed a course and I'm feeling much more confident. I urge anyone who is depending on cold emails to check out the course!

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
For those who use gmail, Check out Rapportive

It connects linkedin accounts to potential client emails allowing you to find their names and make cold emails more personal!

It's a great asset.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Been sometime since I updated this thread, Been following Sinister Lex's Thread on Upwork. It's a absolute goldmine so go check it out. I've had a good start on Upwork and looking forward to see where I can go with it.

However, the cold emailing to me is a major crutch still. Have a lot of work ahead of me. Rolling up my sleeves, and hitting the books/sites/videos whatever-anything i can use to improve myself. I'm turning 23 next week and I'm not getting any younger.

If i find anything good, I definitely will share it.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Been busy at work on a lot of projects, freelancing via up work and honing my customer service skills while figuring out how to scale up. If you're following Lex's thread on Upwork, You'll see my posts in there and how I'm finding success.

I also got accepted to a graduate program at a nearby prestigious university to study skills that will push me towards my goals. It's a safety net of some sorts where it isn't a 9-5 job, and I can balance both school and work on my own time, plus I have access to a ton of support and scholarships because I'm "enabled" ;) so I might as well not be paying for college essentially.

I also found out there was a 50% sale on everything at a nearby massive thrift store and there's tons of books. Found 5 solid books for 7 bucks, Now I don't have to waste any more time on the toilet :D

1. Awakening the Entrepreneur Within (Just a regular entrepreneur book I was curious about) - Michael Gerber
2. Good To Great- Jim Collins ( case studies of companies/entrepreneurs) that grew from good to great
3. The Thank You Economy (Discusses one on one marketing skills and how to grow connections) - Gary Vaynerchuk
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad- (I've heard it mentioned countless times, figured it was time for me to snag it. ) Robert Kiyosaki
5. So YOU want to start a business? (Book that has tons of nuggets and good business practices, and approaches from what I skimmed through) Edward Hess and Charles Goetz.

I'll decide if they're good or not after I go through them and make suggestions to anyone that's curious!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.