• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

MINDSET Struggling to move on: How to get my brain into problem solving mode

Anything related to matters of the mind

andrewraenewton

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
173%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
I recently finished reading and rereading MJ's trilogy. As I was absorbing his content, I found that my reticular activators were really lighting up, constantly leading me to identify problems to solve. I pursued several ideas and, after conducting a thorough total addressable market (TAM) analysis, I concluded that one of my business ideas didn’t have a sufficient market to warrant full-time pursuit. Additionally, I discovered that another idea I had was already being tackled by a competing company. After consulting with patent lawyers and reviewing existing patents, it became clear that pursuing this idea would open me up to potential litigation, especially since the competitor has a history of litigating frequently over similar products.

That's the background.

Here's my struggle: once my brain settled on these two ideas, I haven’t been able to move past them. Weeks and months have gone by without finding a new problem to solve, and I default to thinking about how to make these two products work, even though they are not good business prospects with a large potential market.

Currently, I’m going through a fitness journey and have considered diving into the YouTube/Instagram influencer space. However, as MJ points out in his books, does the world really need another fitness influencer and coach?

I’m curious to hear from others: how do you keep your brain in problem-solving mode? How have you learned to move past ideas that just aren’t worth pursuing? I fully accept that these ideas are not viable, but my brain refuses to let them go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
I recently finished reading and rereading MJ's trilogy. As I was absorbing his content, I found that my reticular activators were really lighting up, constantly leading me to identify problems to solve. I pursued several ideas and, after conducting a thorough total addressable market (TAM) analysis, I concluded that one of my business ideas didn’t have a sufficient market to warrant full-time pursuit. Additionally, I discovered that another idea I had was already being tackled by a competing company. After consulting with patent lawyers and reviewing existing patents, it became clear that pursuing this idea would open me up to potential litigation, especially since the competitor has a history of litigating frequently over similar products.

That's the background.

Here's my struggle: once my brain settled on these two ideas, I haven’t been able to move past them. Weeks and months have gone by without finding a new problem to solve, and I default to thinking about how to make these two products work, even though they are not good business prospects with a large potential market.

Currently, I’m going through a fitness journey and have considered diving into the YouTube/Instagram influencer space. However, as MJ points out in his books, does the world really need another fitness influencer and coach?

I’m curious to hear from others: how do you keep your brain in problem-solving mode? How have you learned to move past ideas that just aren’t worth pursuing? I fully accept that these ideas are not viable, but my brain refuses to let them go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I struggle with ADHD, so often I chew on a lot of things in my head. Only reliable way that helps me is writing, then doing something analog immediately after. I often feel stuck on something, like my brain is telling me something, but I can't access it. Only way I've found to access it is to write everything else out of my head. As an example, today I fully realized that the project I started 6 months ago, and released 2 months ago will have to be relegated to side hustle. I simply don't know yet how to make it a full time income, so I have to generate some living money before I run out.

That was bothering me for 2 weeks and couldn't figure it out. Once I finally figured out the right question, and wrote it out everything became simpler. It feels like taking a good quality shit. After I did that, I walked my dog, and now I have basis of my next plan. Before, these kinds of things would bother me for months, now it gets to max 2 weeks. Rinse, repeat. I do wish there was some F*cking button I could press to help me with this, but it is what it is :)

O sidipvmz gopotjif siefoph epf sisiefoph NK't vsomuhz. Et O xet ectuscoph jot dupvipv, O guapf vjev nz sivodames edvowevust xisi siemmz mohjvoph aq, duptvepvmz miefoph ni vu ofipvogz qsucmint vu tumwi. O qastaif tiwisem ofiet epf, egvis dupfadvoph e vjusuahj vuvem effsittecmi nesliv (VEN) epemztot, O dupdmafif vjev upi ug nz catopitt ofiet fofp’v jewi e taggodoipv nesliv vu xessepv gamm-voni qastaov. Effovoupemmz, O fotduwisif vjev epuvjis ofie O jef xet emsiefz cioph vedlmif cz e dunqivoph dunqepz. Egvis duptamvoph xovj qevipv mexzist epf siwoixoph iyotvoph qevipvt, ov cideni dmies vjev qastaoph vjot ofie xuamf uqip ni aq vu quvipvoem movohevoup, itqidoemmz topdi vji dunqivovus jet e jotvusz ug movohevoph gsiraipvmz uwis tonomes qsufadvt.

Vjev't vji cedlhsuapf.

Jisi't nz tvsahhmi: updi nz cseop tivvmif up vjiti vxu ofiet, O jewip’v ciip ecmi vu nuwi qetv vjin. Xiilt epf nupvjt jewi hupi cz xovjuav gopfoph e pix qsucmin vu tumwi, epf O figeamv vu vjoploph ecuav jux vu neli vjiti vxu qsufadvt xusl, iwip vjuahj vjiz esi puv huuf catopitt qsutqidvt xovj e meshi quvipvoem nesliv.

Dassipvmz, O’n huoph vjsuahj e govpitt kuaspiz epf jewi duptofisif fowoph opvu vji ZuaVaci/Optvehsen opgmaipdis tqedi. Juxiwis, et NK quopvt uav op jot cuult, fuit vji xusmf siemmz piif epuvjis govpitt opgmaipdis epf duedj?

O’n dasouat vu jies gsun uvjist: jux fu zua liiq zuas cseop op qsucmin-tumwoph nufi? Jux jewi zua miespif vu nuwi qetv ofiet vjev katv esip’v xusvj qastaoph? O gammz eddiqv vjev vjiti ofiet esi puv woecmi, cav nz cseop sigatit vu miv vjin hu. Epz efwodi xuamf ci hsievmz eqqsidoevif!
O sidipvmz tvesvif vjoploph foggisipvmz iwip vju NK nipvoupif ov e muv ug vonit O sidipvmz apfistvuuf nztimg zua xepv vu tumwi qsucmint vjopl cedlxesft Taqquti vji qsucmin ot tumwif us siedjif ofiem tvevi vjopl ug xjev mieft vu vjev ofiem tvevi cedlxesft zua xomm siedj zuas eptxis Ov piift duptotvipv iggusvt O en tvsahhmoph e cov vuu cav ov siemmz xuslt
Zua dep tiesdj sivsutqidvowi epemztot
epf O gopf fidotoup nevsoy gsun heni vjiusz siemmz jimqgam vu apfistvepf tovaevoupt

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back