- Joined
- Apr 17, 2016
- Messages
- 86
Rep Bank
$630
$630
User Power: 208%
This might sound like a weird spiel and if you feel like berating me after you read it, I totally understand...
I'm not even sure if i should be posting it but it will hopefully be worthwhile even if it is just to get something off my chest a bit...
Right now I'm in a weird spot.
I built a business that services other small businesses - i provide them with websites and leads.
The business is successful, with lots of clients paying me between £200-£500 per month retainer. My profit margins are 80%+.
I have outsourcers. My workload is minimal. I could probably get by on less than 10 hours worked each week.
Clients are very happy on the whole, they are receiving great value.
I am financially very secure, I have more money than I've ever had in my life (I'm 33 years old).
It took about 5 years to get here, there were some extremely bleak periods.
At one point a few years ago I thought I would go bankrupt and lose my home.
I survived and learned a lot in that period.
Now I'm doing well and I'm facing a whole new set of challenges.
I can't seem to scale my business.
Growth is slow, slow as hell.
Motivation to put in those 40-60 hour weeks that got me here is harder to come by.
I am aware that I'm not doing enough but I'm just not sure what to do exactly.
I've considered taking on an office and hiring sales staff. I even made a thread about it here and got some great advice.
After carefully looking into it I'm just not sure it's the right move for me. I may be dealing with some limiting beliefs around this.
My business is actually in growth, it's just very slow.
I'm getting new clients via referral occasionally.
My monthly residual is steadily increasing.
I'm making (by my standards) a lot of money for not much work...
Yet there is this sinking feeling that every time I get to Friday, I've done nothing significant.
One week rolls into the next. I'm spinning my wheels.
I can't believe it's May and so far in 2016, very little has changed in the biz, save for a modest increase in monthly residual.
I sometimes consider taking my attention away from this business altogether and starting something else - perhaps ecommerce, I don't know what I'd sell but a new challenge seems interesting.
I'm just not sure.
I'm in analysis paralysis mode and it sucks because I know right now i'm EXTREMELY lucky to be in a position where money is not an issue and I have all the time in the world to work on any kind of business I like...
Yet I feel like I'm squandering the time and I worry that I'm missing out on opportunities that are there on a silver platter for me.
I'm open to any thoughts at all.
Thanks for reading.
I'm not even sure if i should be posting it but it will hopefully be worthwhile even if it is just to get something off my chest a bit...
Right now I'm in a weird spot.
I built a business that services other small businesses - i provide them with websites and leads.
The business is successful, with lots of clients paying me between £200-£500 per month retainer. My profit margins are 80%+.
I have outsourcers. My workload is minimal. I could probably get by on less than 10 hours worked each week.
Clients are very happy on the whole, they are receiving great value.
I am financially very secure, I have more money than I've ever had in my life (I'm 33 years old).
It took about 5 years to get here, there were some extremely bleak periods.
At one point a few years ago I thought I would go bankrupt and lose my home.
I survived and learned a lot in that period.
Now I'm doing well and I'm facing a whole new set of challenges.
I can't seem to scale my business.
Growth is slow, slow as hell.
Motivation to put in those 40-60 hour weeks that got me here is harder to come by.
I am aware that I'm not doing enough but I'm just not sure what to do exactly.
I've considered taking on an office and hiring sales staff. I even made a thread about it here and got some great advice.
After carefully looking into it I'm just not sure it's the right move for me. I may be dealing with some limiting beliefs around this.
My business is actually in growth, it's just very slow.
I'm getting new clients via referral occasionally.
My monthly residual is steadily increasing.
I'm making (by my standards) a lot of money for not much work...
Yet there is this sinking feeling that every time I get to Friday, I've done nothing significant.
One week rolls into the next. I'm spinning my wheels.
I can't believe it's May and so far in 2016, very little has changed in the biz, save for a modest increase in monthly residual.
I sometimes consider taking my attention away from this business altogether and starting something else - perhaps ecommerce, I don't know what I'd sell but a new challenge seems interesting.
I'm just not sure.
I'm in analysis paralysis mode and it sucks because I know right now i'm EXTREMELY lucky to be in a position where money is not an issue and I have all the time in the world to work on any kind of business I like...
Yet I feel like I'm squandering the time and I worry that I'm missing out on opportunities that are there on a silver platter for me.
I'm open to any thoughts at all.
Thanks for reading.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?



