The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Surrounding yourself with like minded and successful people.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
I just realized, I do not have a single friend that I would consider successful and look up to. Actually, I don't really have any friends since I have been cutting the bad fruit off of the tree. The only person I look up to is my little brother, who is somewhat social media famous and just started raking in cash with a new broadcasting app.

What suggestions are there to surround myself and become friends with people that will make me want to work harder and succeed?

I am not bad with making friends and making good impressions, usually, but I feel like I do not do anything outside of my day job and am not interested in becoming good friends with my coworkers. I go out for a beer once in a while with them but I just do not see them being people that I want to succeed with. Whenever I talk to anybody about making a business/fastlane they shrug it off like it isn't a viable option.

I have been looking for entrepreneur classes to take at my college since my work pays for school and I can really take advantage of it.

I also found a website called www.connect2classes.com/ which seems to be a pretty good option to go out and take classes where I would assume many people with the right mindset would go.

So I was just wondering, how do I surround myself with success when I do not live anywhere where tradeshows happen on the daily.

Throw out any suggestion, maybe it will help other people on this forum as well!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

There's a whole lot of success on this forums.

If you see a meetup that's posted on the FLF and it's near you, why not go?

The forums have helped me befriend and meet a lot of successful people.

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
There's a whole lot of success on this forums.

If you see a meetup that's posted on the FLF and it's near you, why not go?

The forums have helped me befriend and meet a lot of successful people.
Haha, totally forgot to include the part that said "excluding on the forum!"

You have a great point, everybody here is walking their own paths yet share one thing in common. It is awesome!

Last edited:

Fran_Montoya

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2016
Great info, I agree that, "We are all reflections of the people we keep in our lives and interact with on a daily basis. Their actions and behaviors all resonate and subconsciously influence our everyday choices." Choose and keep people that love and respect you.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Where, in your area, could you find people who'd "be worthy" of being an inspiring friend to you?
I'm guessing business owners and entrepreneurs qualify.
The first thing that comes to mind is meetup.com , where you can see any kind of event hosted near you. Perhaps there's an entrepreneur meetup going on somewhere, or seminars being hosted. Check that out.

Also, check out local area businesses, websites and shops, and see who owns it. Everybody loves to talk about themselves. Drop them a message or stop by and who knows how you get along.

Personally;I like expensive cars. Going to meetings and events allows for direct contact with "wealthy" people who can afford these things, which in turn can lead to useful contacts.
Forums are great for this too (which is why this forum is so useful at times)

Hope this helps

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Being B2B helps.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Go to a FLF meetup in the city nearest you.

If that city is 4 hours away... get to drivin, buddy.

If nothing exists in that city yet... create one (am I right @Silverhawk851?)

There's your place to start.

EDIT: If you live in Lynnwood, then Seattle is only 46 minute drive away. Start (or attend) a Seattle meetup. I know there's people from that area here (I've met some of em!)

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Go to a FLF meetup in the city nearest you.

If that city is 4 hours away... get to drivin, buddy.
I drove 4 hours (from NY to Toronto) to meet @The-J and other great Fastlaners.

It was the first time I met like minded people and it was awesome!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
@Jamie T knows what I'm talking about. This dude drove from Syracuse to Toronto to attend our meetup. Then went down to Florida to meet @Vigilante. Soon he was at the Summit.

Do you have that kind of drive (no pun intended)?

You should, because I'll tell ya: once you start spending time with people like you, it's addicting.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
This dude drove from Syracuse to Toronto to attend our meetup.
It was great trying to explain why I was going into Canada at the border.

The border officer asked, "what's the nature of your visit?"
Me: "Well...I'm going to meet some people who I don't know, but I met them on the internet, and we're going to talk about our businesses."
Her: "Um, where are you going to meet them?"
Me: "At some restaurant in Toronto. I can't pronounce the name because it's French. I have the name of it somewhere in my car." *Looks around*
Her: Blank stare.
Me: :D
Her: "Alright, you can go."

She still doesn't know the name of the restaurant haha.

@InnovateDesign You'll find a way if you really want to.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It was great trying to explain why I was going into Canada at the border.

The border officer asked, "what's the nature of your visit?"
Me: "Well...I'm going to meet some people who I don't know, but I met them on the internet, and we're going to talk about our businesses."
Her: "Um, where are you going to meet them?"
Me: "At some restaurant in Toronto. I can't pronounce the name because it's French. I have the name of it somewhere in my car." *Looks around*
Her: Blank stare.
Me: :D
Her: "Alright, you can go."

She still doesn't know the name of the restaurant haha.

@InnovateDesign You'll find a way if you really want to.

Just say 'day trip to Toronto' and they typically won't ask any questions.

With my 3 year visa in Canada and my American passport, the border officers ask me no questions LOL it's excellent

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Idk I don't think people give enough value to online "friendships" . I have 2 friends in real life one is a sidewalker and one is a slow lamer who wants to be a FastLaner , but I've got more value from the "friends" I've made online

I don't think how physical the friends are matters , only that they bring u real value ,

I also don't believe slow lane or sidewalk friends can slow u down unless u do the slow lane things they do , but that's just my opinion

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I just realized, I do not have a single friend that I would consider successful and look up to. Actually, I don't really have any friends since I have been cutting the bad fruit off of the tree. The only person I look up to is my little brother, who is somewhat social media famous and just started raking in cash with a new broadcasting app.

What suggestions are there to surround myself and become friends with people that will make me want to work harder and succeed?

I am not bad with making friends and making good impressions, usually, but I feel like I do not do anything outside of my day job and am not interested in becoming good friends with my coworkers. I go out for a beer once in a while with them but I just do not see them being people that I want to succeed with. Whenever I talk to anybody about making a business/fastlane they shrug it off like it isn't a viable option.

I have been looking for entrepreneur classes to take at my college since my work pays for school and I can really take advantage of it.

I also found a website called www.connect2classes.com/ which seems to be a pretty good option to go out and take classes where I would assume many people with the right mindset would go.

So I was just wondering, how do I surround myself with success when I do not live anywhere where tradeshows happen on the daily.

Throw out any suggestion, maybe it will help other people on this forum as well!

you are right.

Finding people with the right mindset is a challenge. I don't know anyone with the right mindset in real life, only here on the internet and in information products : books, audio, video.

So we have to surround ourselves with these products

why ?

because society and the medias throw trash in our head everyday : violence, negativity and so on
we have to fight and win the battle of the mind

Brett Johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 17, 2016
Where, in your area, could you find people who'd "be worthy" of being an inspiring friend to you?
I'm guessing business owners and entrepreneurs qualify.
The first thing that comes to mind is meetup.com , where you can see any kind of event hosted near you. Perhaps there's an entrepreneur meetup going on somewhere, or seminars being hosted. Check that out.

Also, check out local area businesses, websites and shops, and see who owns it. Everybody loves to talk about themselves. Drop them a message or stop by and who knows how you get along.

Personally;I like expensive cars. Going to meetings and events allows for direct contact with "wealthy" people who can afford these things, which in turn can lead to useful contacts.
Forums are great for this too (which is why this forum is so useful at times)

Hope this helps
I agree JDx, Meetup.com is an awesome place to meet like minding folks. I had the same problem with surrounding myself with successful like minding people but went on there and found some cool entrepreneurial clubs to join.

avilux

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 8, 2016
Meetup.com, Networking events, try to meet up with people from local subreddits, and chambers of commerce are great to meet fellow entrepreneurs. Even a few simple ads around town, like posters with your cell # and email can help. It's all about connecting with as many people as possible. The more you grow your social circle, the higher chances you have of finding your master mind group (which should be the end goal). Good luck, and realize that even though it's a long journey, if you pursue it enough you will succeed.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Might also be worth looking into the local Rotary Club or Rotarct CLub if you are under 30. As other people have mentioned meetup.com is a great place. Another way I found is simply going to places where those kind of people hang out e.g. bars, libraries, charity events etc. and just strike up conversations with people in general you never know what somebody does.

Another way I found was through LinkedIn, if you have a strong profile through a regular job or business you will be surprised to find successfull people are happy to talk with you. As a matter of fact I contacted one guy this way he gave me his phone number and I am arranging to meet him sometime next week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.