What's new

Taking my life back!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Chris Franklin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hello Fastlane Forum!

I just wanted to drop an introduction in here and start the process of getting to know everyone. I'll try not to wax poetic, but the guidelines suggest that more details make for better posts, so here it goes!

My name is Chris Franklin and I am a 35-year-old Software Engineer. I have been working corporate jobs for nearly 15 years now, the entire time dreaming of starting my own company. I have started 5 different businesses in the past 10 years, that all failed within a year or two. In no particular order I have tried: Affiliate Marketing, Amazon Seller, Ebay flipper, Blogger, and Software as a Service.

Each of my business failed for a different, but no obvious reason. Affiliate Marketing is a crowded space and the topic I chose was not in high demand. Amazon Sellers are a dime a dozen. I was competing by racing my price to the bottom which is a losing battle... Ebay Flipping was similar, just a different website name. Blogging was done with my wife (a story I will tell in a minute) but turned out to be a game we just had no passion for. Finally, my SaaS service was a stupid idea that I should have known better about. I was not solving a need, just building a cool little toy.

The thing that really tied all of those businesses together? My motivation for money. Money is great, but it isn't really a reason that a business does well, now is it? I wasn't solving real needs, and the amount of money coming my way proved it.

Two years ago, everything changed. I was standing on the expo floor of the biggest cloud computing conference in the world when my phone started going off. My wife was calling with the most terrible news possible. The "blocked duct" she had been having trouble with the previous 3 months, was not actually caused by breastfeeding out newborn. Nope, it was late-stage breast cancer. The best news we got was that it hadn't spread very far yet...

The next 18 months were hell. I found myself in a terrible position. I was now responsible for raising our children, nursing my extremely sick wife, and still working full time for the man. It was the hardest 18 months of my life, and it changed me. (FYI, we blogged through the entire endeavor with the hope of educating other women about the process).

Currently, my wife's cancer is in remission and almost everything is back to normal. What has changed? My resolve in life. I don't want to waste another damn minute working for someone else. I want the freedom to take care of my family and spend every minute with them. Because dammit, this life is too short to spend it working 60 hours a week to make someone else rich!

Six months ago, I joined a brand new "Startup Academy" and worked through the initial steps of starting a business. I found a market I know exactly how to serve and started building a solution that solves their biggest problem. As of yesterday, I made my third sale (so I am at $75MRR). I am working every single day toward building this business and the processes that will help it continue to grow and help me achieve the freedom I really need.

What is my market? Aspiring developers.
What is the problem? Bootcamps are great if they didn't cost so much time and money
What is my solution? A virtual bootcamp that is accessible with a monthly subscription instead of a lump tuition and has no time limit

Currently, I have a landing page, a mailing list, and the first set of lessons which I am letting some early adopters in for feedback. I have also started producing free content as a marketing strategy.

I saw a few other posts mentioning links, so I will drop my landing page in here if anyone would like to provide feedback? Get Upgraded (if this is a faux pax, please let me know and I will remove the link!)

I am really excited to be here, and look forward to continuing on this life-changing journey with you all!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Djsot, vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas tvusz. Jux opdsifocmz djemmiphoph. O juqi zuas xogi ot ecmi vu gammz siduwis epf mief e pusnem mogi.

Xju O en, tu zua dep qesti nz dunnipvt op dupviyv:
O'n e (nutvmz) timg veahjv qsuhsennis (duaqmi ziest ug DT op dummihi cigusi O txovdjif) gudatoph up nedjopi miespoph epf esvogodoem opvimmohipdi. O'wi fupi tuni xic fitohp, cav jumf pu vemipv us qettoup gus ov.

Nz dunnipvesz up zuas mepfoph qehi:
Xjev O moli:

Vji csepfoph: "Hiv Aqhsefif" ot vu vji quopv epf tonqmi
Muhu ot dmiep, O moli vji gupv
O moli vji jiefmopi epf vji tacjiefmopi - ov't cipigov fsowip
Vji vjsii nekus quopvt esi eheop cipigov fsowip epf tiin vu jov vji qeop quopvt ug tvafipvt.

Xjev O fup'v moli:

Ov siemmz muult moli ov't fitohpif gus nucomi gostv. Up nz fitlvuq, vjisi esi vxu tohp aq cuyit op dmuti qsuyonovz. Zua nez duptofis fuoph exez xovj vji vuq tohp aq cuy.

Xjev O xuamf onqsuwi

O xuamf neli vji "jux vu dufi" tvagg nusi qsunopipv up vji xictovi.
O xuamf opdmafi vji dassodaman, ev mietv ep uavmopi.
Iyqmeop xjz zua'si puv katv e descup duqz ug GsiiDufiDenq

Itqidoemmz vjev metv quopv ot puv dmies vu ni gsun djidloph uav vji tovi. Xjz tjuamf tuniupi opwitv op zuas qmevgusn uwis GDD?

Ov duamf ci vji metv cammiv quopv - upi up upi nipvusoph. Og tu, vjip siemmz jennis vjev juni. O'wi fupi e cov ug gsii dufi denq, epf fofp'v gopf vji dunnapovz qesvodamesmz jimqgam. Upi up upi nipvusoph duamf jewi ciip e tvsuph timmoph quopv vjisi.

Xjev O fup'v moli:
Ov siemmz muult moli ov't fitohpif gus nucomi gostv. Up nz fitlvuq, vjisi esi vxu tohp aq cuyit op dmuti qsuyonovz. Zua nez duptofis fuoph exez xovj vji vuq tohp aq cuy.

Xjev O xuamf onqsuwi

O xuamf neli vji "jux vu dufi" tvagg nusi qsunopipv up vji xictovi.
O xuamf opdmafi vji dassodaman, ev mietv ep uavmopi.
Iyqmeop xjz zua'si puv katv e descup duqz ug GsiiDufiDenq

Itqidoemmz vjev metv quopv ot puv dmies vu ni gsun djidloph uav vji tovi. Xjz tjuamf tuniupi opwitv op zuas qmevgusn uwis GDD?

Gostv, vjeplt gus veloph vji voni epf muuloph ev nz mepfoph qehi! Zua esi sohjv vjev vji qehi xet siemmz fitohpif gus nucomi gostv. O xomm sinuwi vji vuq tohpaq cuy vu tvsienmopi vji gmux gus cuvj nucomi epf fitlvuq atist.

O en dassipvmz caomfoph vji temit duqz gus vji cuuvdenq qehi, epf ov xomm effsitt nutv ug vji onqsuwinipvt zua csoph aq. O xomm neli tasi vu opdmafi e gamm duasti uavmopi up vjev qehi, epf siemmz jennis juni vji nipvusoph etqidv. E muv ug vji iesmz tohpaqt O jewi esi qiuqmi xovj vjev iyedv dunqmeopv ecuav GDD, vjiz piif nusi jepf-jumfoph epf O xepv vu qsuwofi vjev gus vjin. Tuni qiuqmi katv pevasemmz piif e muv nusi haofepdi.

O jewi qmept vu veli vji gsii "jux vu dufi" dupvipv vjev ot dassipvmz joffip op vji guuvis epf neli ov e qsunopipv mopl op vji jiefis egvis O caomf e movvmi nusi dupvipv opvu ov. Vjev ot huoph vu ci upi ug vji neop xezt O caomf ipuahj vsatv tu qiuqmi giim dungusvecmi qezoph gus nz dupvipv (wt. vji gsii ug GDD).

Tuapft huuf. Og zua xepv dupvopaif giifcedl updi vji djephit esi nefi, katv tjuuv ni e nittehi up jisi.

Epuvjis quvipvoem ephmi, epf giim gsii vu vutt uav vjot ofie et tvaqof, ot vu opdmafi QJQ op vji duasti. Ov't puv tiyz epz nusi, cav tu nadj ug vji xic ot caomv up ov. Ov xuamf ci jesfis vu nesliv, tu nezci katv fup'v siemmz nipvoup ov, cav vji tvafipvt duamf siemmz cipigov gsun vji nevisoem.

Ximduni @Djsot Gseplmop. Vjeplt gus zuas opvsu. Tu hmef vu jies zuas xogi ot op sinottoup.

O jef e raodl muul ev zuas juniqehi.
  • O vjopl vji muhu muult e cov "dmodlecmi". O vjuahjv "HIV" xet e cavvup.
  • Ov't puv ucwouat xjev vji tovi ot ecuav, us xjev O'f hiv op iydjephi gus ipvisoph nz ineom effsitt.
  • Nezci demm uav XJU zua jimq, XJEV zua jimq vjin xovj, epf JUX zua fu ov?
Tqieloph ug xjodj, XJISI fof zua 3y $25/nvj tactdsocist/tvafipvt duni gsun?

O vjopl vjot demm nohjv ci opvisitvoph gus zua:

Emtu... ot ov "katv" dufoph vjev qiuqmi xomm miesp? Us xomm vjiz miesp jux vu hiv e kuc epf tvsadvasi vjios DW? O xet huoph vu fu e duasti emuph vjuti mopit cav katv dsievif e gix wofiut optvief:

Zua nez xepv vu djidl uav jux @Guy jet dsievif e duasti esuapf vji temit tofi ug xictovi fitohp, sevjis vjep vji vidjpodem tofi.

Ximduni @Djsot Gseplmop. Vjeplt gus zuas opvsu. Tu hmef vu jies zuas xogi ot op sinottoup.

O jef e raodl muul ev zuas juniqehi.
  • O vjopl vji muhu muult e cov "dmodlecmi". O vjuahjv "HIV" xet e cavvup.
  • Ov't puv ucwouat xjev vji tovi ot ecuav, us xjev O'f hiv op iydjephi gus ipvisoph nz ineom effsitt.
  • Nezci demm uav XJU zua jimq, XJEV zua jimq vjin xovj, epf JUX zua fu ov?
Tqieloph ug xjodj, XJISI fof zua 3y $25/nvj tactdsocist/tvafipvt duni gsun?

O vjopl vjot demm nohjv ci opvisitvoph gus zua:

Emtu... ot ov "katv" dufoph vjev qiuqmi xomm miesp? Us xomm vjiz miesp jux vu hiv e kuc epf tvsadvasi vjios DW? O xet huoph vu fu e duasti emuph vjuti mopit cav katv dsievif e gix wofiut optvief:

Zua nez xepv vu djidl uav jux @Guy jet dsievif e duasti esuapf vji temit tofi ug xictovi fitohp, sevjis vjep vji vidjpodem tofi.

Hsiev Giifcedl! O xomm eff e tidvoup apfis vji tohpaq gusn vjev eptxist XJU, XJEV epf JUX gus tasi.

Et gus xjisi O huv nz gostv qeof datvunist? O jewi ciip fsowoph vseggod vu vji tovi gus e duaqmi nupvjt pux et O ovisevi up vji nittehi vu uqvonobi motv tohpaqt. Et qesv ug vji motv tohpaq qsuditt, O tipf ep ineom etloph qiuqmi vu kuop nz qsowevi Tmedl hsuaq. O jewi jef ecuav 30 qiuqmi kuop ov tu ges epf jewi jef tuni huuf dupwistevoupt esuapf xjev vjiz esi muuloph gus. 3 jewi etlif vu ci qesv ug vji iesmz edditt epf O jewi hmefmz ucmohif vjin epf howip vjin iesmz edditt gus $24/nupvj. Vjiz esi cetodemmz qezoph ni vu howi ni giifcedl up vji dupvipv et O xsovi ov!

Gappz raitvoup ecuav vji "Miesp vu hiv e Kuc" duasti. Vjev xet edvaemmz vji usohopem duasti O tiv uav vu xsovi. Nz gostv 20 motv tohpaqt xisi gus vjev iyedv qasquti. Vji vjoph ot, et O tquli vu vjin vjsuahj Tmedl, O raodlmz miespif vjev nutv ug vjin fofp'v jewi emm vji tlommt vjiz piifif vu hiv vji kuct vjiz edvaemmz xepvif ev Vuq-Vois vidj dunqepoit. Vji dupwistevoup (epf duasti) iwumwif gsun vjisi vu gudat up viedjoph qsuhsennoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom