The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Teach a Young Marketer Your Secrets and Methods

Marketing, social media, advertising

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Hey everyone,

I recently started a marketing firm with some friends that targets medical practices. However, we're kinda stuck.

What would be some great ways to market for a medical practice? The methods remain the same but the ways of executing those methods are different, we need help on how to exactly approach our ways of marketing.

Also, what are some great ways to copywrite for medical practices when it comes to email marketing, social media, direct mail marketing, and website marketing.

Thanks guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
How are other medical practices marketing? How can you improve it? These are the questions you should be asking yourself.

Dive in and research what top medical practices are doing and start there. We can't do your research for you, but I am glad to point you in the right direction.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
funny-signs-from-the-simpsons-14.jpg

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
How are other medical practices marketing? How can you improve it? These are the questions you should be asking yourself.

Dive in and research what top medical practices are doing and start there. We can't do your research for you, but I am glad to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the response and help.

Most doctors seem to get new patients through potential customers searching on the internet and looking at sources such as yelp. But for a practice that is not as established as the big guys how else would they get new patients?

For example, how would I run an effective direct mail marketing campaign? How would I effectively use copywriting and target the desires of consumers when it comes to doctors?

If I were to run an email marketing campaign how would I write an email that gains customers and that's not regarded as spam?

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I know the ways but I don't know how to exactly do them. I need help on how to execute these methods so that they are effective and that they generate results.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Thanks for the response and help.

Most doctors seem to get new patients through potential customers searching on the internet and looking at sources such as yelp. But for a practice that is not as established as the big guys how else would they get new patients?

For example, how would I run an effective direct mail marketing campaign? How would I effectively use copywriting and target the desires of consumers when it comes to doctors?

If I were to run an email marketing campaign how would I write an email that gains customers and that's not regarded as spam?

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I know the ways but I don't know how to exactly do them. I need help on how to execute these methods so that they are effective and that they generate results.
Budget?

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Thanks for the response and interest.

That's entirely dependent on the businesses I approach and their unique needs. But basically what I'm trying to do is have a plan of attack or methods of marketing to approach these businesses with. All I want is to get these people results.

The cool thing about the medical practice is that one patient can result in thousands of dollars and referrals of other patients. Just a couple patients can mean a lot to these businesses

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
My snarky image aside, I'm running AdWords for a local gastro doctor here. The ad copy focuses on the symptoms, since that's generally what people are going to google to figure out.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend direct mail, as it's harder to measure results. If the people don't bring the mailer in when they visit the doc, you won't know if the blast worked.

You can do some basic SEO to rank them for some long tail keywords in their zip code, and run some ads to generate immediate traffic.

Not sure what the Facebook policy is on advertising medical practices, but that's something to try.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
My snarky image aside, I'm running AdWords for a local gastro doctor here. The ad copy focuses on the symptoms, since that's generally what people are going to google to figure out.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend direct mail, as it's harder to measure results. If the people don't bring the mailer in when they visit the doc, you won't know if the blast worked.

You can do some basic SEO to rank them for some long tail keywords in their zip code, and run some ads to generate immediate traffic.

Not sure what the Facebook policy is on advertising medical practices, but that's something to try.

Thank you for the insight, it genuinely helped me get a better understanding of all this.

So is this all about copywriting? Because every marketer seems to do the same exact thing, just the way of doing it thats different. Also, are there any other ways of appropriate marketing other than these methods of SEO, social media, and print advertising?

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Think about it this way...

Who is your target audience?

I mean, specifically.... how old are they, what is their gender, income, location, life experiences, and what problems do they experience on a daily basis?

Once you flesh out the target audience, you need to look into the channels they use the most. only develop two to three content channels as your main marketing avenues.

for example, brilliant website copy > Email marketing campaign > come in for a checkup.

Not: open a Facebook and Twitter account, start blasting hash tags to anyone and everyone. start with the basics FIRST, then you will be ready for social media.

I recommend copy blogger as a place to start. Gary Halbert is good, a bit dated.

CONSISTENT CONTENT Is KING. I highly recommend learning all you you can about copywriting so that the content is of high quality and offers true value.

Don't say you "know what to do" just not "how to do it". If you don't know how to do something, you don't know what to do. So learn how to do something, and what to do next will come naturally. Don't oversell yourself

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.