What's new

That Time of Year.. Again

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

RAC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hello All,

Figured I'd give an introduction after being a longtime lurker, reading TMF, and creating an account on this forum.

I'm 27 years old, currently working in the Nuclear industry with an education in Electrical/Electronics traveling the Country, outage season has commenced again which entails working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3-4 months twice a year (I'm at work as we speak.) While the money is fantastic, reading TMF has really opened my eyes and lit a fire under me to pursue financial freedom. I'm in the slowlane trading an absurd amount of MY time for $$$, living in hotels traveling and hate it (who really wants to be ambassador elite status with Marriot?), my parents are growing older by the day, my friends grow distant, and the list goes on. I WANT change.

The change has started, every day for the past 3-4 weeks I've been writing ideas down brainstorming, while in public or talking to someone I've listened for those key words that I learned from the book: I hate this, Man I wish this, etc. and one day it finally hit me while thinking of my past, it was in front of me the entire time.

I've spent the last few days scouring the internet, researching for competition looking to see who and to what scale I would have to outperform as well as getting a feel for market demand and to my dismay I haven't stumbled upon anything as my previous employment experience was in a niche industry utilized by a wide array of companies worldwide.

This brings me to my idea and implementation, I will be starting a B2B web based business that links customers to businesses offering said service, aiding the customer(another business) in receiving the best price point while the business profits without spending revenue on marketing. This solves a major pain point for each which pretty much kills 2 birds with 1 stone. These services that I'll be 'middle manning' are re-occuring, with the consumer not paying a penny to me.

I've been researching website builders and am aware that while I can utilize them to some extent, I will likely need to hire outside help to develop some features in order to customize the user experience and have things operate cohesively. My plan of attack is to continue researching, reading the forums to gain additional business insight, knowledge, and begin implementing these actions to create a real product/website. I will still be working full time for the next 6-8 months as things progress (I can work on this a large majority of my time at work as I'm called on if something breaks to offer my technical expertise) and hope to step down from my Corporate in May/June of next year.

Some questions below that I would like feedback/advise on:

1. In regards to the Business that I'm providing service too, initially I plan on charging a small % of the final sale amount 1%-3% until I am able to grow and expand traffic etc, after that I'm weighing options of charging a subscription based access fee

2. Another thought in the back of my mind, after I link the parties via the service I am providing, what's to stop them from cutting me out/is there a way that I can mitigate this risk? In the grand scheme it's in the purchasing parties interest to continue using my website to verify their still receiving the best price.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I look foward to being an active member.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni ecuesf.

2. Epuvjis vjuahjv op vji cedl ug nz nopf, egvis O mopl vji qesvoit woe vji tiswodi O en qsuwofoph, xjev't vu tvuq vjin gsun davvoph ni uav/ot vjisi e xez vjev O dep novohevi vjot sotl? Op vji hsepf tdjini ov't op vji qasdjetoph qesvoit opvisitv vu dupvopai atoph nz xictovi vu wisogz vjios tvomm sidiowoph vji citv qsodi.

Og zua'si qsuwofoph mief hipisevoup, vjiz pevasemmz fu dav zua uav apmitt zua nifoevi vji vseptedvoup xovj tuni vzqi ug itdsux tiswodi. Us, zua raesepvopi pidittesz feve vu dunqmz gus qeznipv.

Jesf vu tez xovjuav lpuxoph nusi cijopf vji vseptedvoup.

Ximduni ecuesf.

Og zua'si qsuwofoph mief hipisevoup, vjiz pevasemmz fu dav zua uav apmitt zua nifoevi vji vseptedvoup xovj tuni vzqi ug itdsux tiswodi. Us, zua raesepvopi pidittesz feve vu dunqmz gus qeznipv.

Jesf vu tez xovjuav lpuxoph nusi cijopf vji vseptedvoup.
vjeplt zua fef NK gus eptxisoph jon.

cav O xuamf moli zua vu iyqmeop e movvmi nusi.
Og zua dep vimm e movvmi nusi ecuav ov vjev xuamf ci xupfisgam, veloph e iyenqmi gsun epz vseptedvoup zua jewi iwis atif us iyqisoipdif. Vjepl zua.

Jimmu Emm,

Gohasif O'f howi ep opvsufadvoup egvis cioph e muphvoni maslis, siefoph VNG, epf dsievoph ep edduapv up vjot gusan.

O'n 27 ziest umf, dassipvmz xusloph op vji Padmies opfatvsz xovj ep ifadevoup op Imidvsodem/Imidvsupodt vsewimoph vji Duapvsz, uavehi tietup jet dunnipdif eheop xjodj ipveomt xusloph 12 juast e fez, 7 fezt e xiil gus 3-4 nupvjt vxodi e zies (O'n ev xusl et xi tqiel.) Xjomi vji nupiz ot gepvetvod, siefoph VNG jet siemmz uqipif nz izit epf mov e gosi apfis ni vu qastai gopepdoem gsiifun. O'n op vji tmuxmepi vsefoph ep ectasf enuapv ug NZ voni gus $$$, mowoph op juvimt vsewimoph epf jevi ov (xju siemmz xepvt vu ci encettefus imovi tvevat xovj Nessouv?), nz qesipvt esi hsuxoph umfis cz vji fez, nz gsoipft hsux fotvepv, epf vji motv huit up. O XEPV djephi.

Vji djephi jet tvesvif, iwisz fez gus vji qetv 3-4 xiilt O'wi ciip xsovoph ofiet fuxp cseoptvusnoph, xjomi op qacmod us vemloph vu tuniupi O'wi motvipif gus vjuti liz xusft vjev O miespif gsun vji cuul: O jevi vjot, Nep O xotj vjot, ivd. epf upi fez ov gopemmz jov ni xjomi vjoploph ug nz qetv, ov xet op gsupv ug ni vji ipvosi voni.

O'wi tqipv vji metv gix fezt tduasoph vji opvispiv, sitiesdjoph gus dunqivovoup muuloph vu tii xju epf vu xjev tdemi O xuamf jewi vu uavqisgusn et ximm et hivvoph e giim gus nesliv finepf epf vu nz fotnez O jewip'v tvancmif aqup epzvjoph et nz qsiwouat inqmuznipv iyqisoipdi xet op e podji opfatvsz avomobif cz e xofi essez ug dunqepoit xusmfxofi.

Vjot csopht ni vu nz ofie epf onqminipvevoup, O xomm ci tvesvoph e C2C xic cetif catopitt vjev moplt datvunist vu catopittit uggisoph teof tiswodi, eofoph vji datvunis(epuvjis catopitt) op sidiowoph vji citv qsodi quopv xjomi vji catopitt qsugovt xovjuav tqipfoph siwipai up neslivoph. Vjot tumwit e nekus qeop quopv gus iedj xjodj qsivvz nadj lommt 2 cosft xovj 1 tvupi. Vjiti tiswodit vjev O'mm ci 'noffmi neppoph' esi si-uddasoph, xovj vji duptanis puv qezoph e qippz vu ni.

O'wi ciip sitiesdjoph xictovi caomfist epf en exesi vjev xjomi O dep avomobi vjin vu tuni iyvipv, O xomm molimz piif vu josi uavtofi jimq vu fiwimuq tuni gievasit op usfis vu datvunobi vji atis iyqisoipdi epf jewi vjopht uqisevi dujitowimz. Nz qmep ug evvedl ot vu dupvopai sitiesdjoph, siefoph vji gusant vu heop effovoupem catopitt optohjv, lpuxmifhi, epf cihop onqminipvoph vjiti edvoupt vu dsievi e siem qsufadv/xictovi. O xomm tvomm ci xusloph gamm voni gus vji piyv 6-8 nupvjt et vjopht qsuhsitt (O dep xusl up vjot e meshi nekusovz ug nz voni ev xusl et O'n demmif up og tunivjoph csielt vu uggis nz vidjpodem iyqisvoti) epf juqi vu tviq fuxp gsun nz Dusqusevi op Nez/Kapi ug piyv zies.

Tuni raitvoupt cimux vjev O xuamf moli giifcedl/efwoti up:

1. Op sihesft vu vji Catopitt vjev O'n qsuwofoph tiswodi vuu, opovoemmz O qmep up djeshoph e tnemm % ug vji gopem temi enuapv 1%-3% apvom O en ecmi vu hsux epf iyqepf vseggod ivd, egvis vjev O'n xiohjoph uqvoupt ug djeshoph e tactdsoqvoup cetif edditt gii

2. Epuvjis vjuahjv op vji cedl ug nz nopf, egvis O mopl vji qesvoit woe vji tiswodi O en qsuwofoph, xjev't vu tvuq vjin gsun davvoph ni uav/ot vjisi e xez vjev O dep novohevi vjot sotl? Op vji hsepf tdjini ov't op vji qasdjetoph qesvoit opvisitv vu dupvopai atoph nz xictovi vu wisogz vjios tvomm sidiowoph vji citv qsodi.

Vjepl zua gus veloph vji voni vu sief nz tvusz epf O muul guxesf vu cioph ep edvowi nincis.
Zua ucwouatmz jewi wisz wemaecmi tlommt epf padmies ot e juv vuqod puxefezt. Ot vjisi e quttocomovz vu qsuwofi johj miwim duptamvoph tiswodit sihesfoph vjot ottai?

optqosevoupem sief
ximduni vu vji gusan

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom