What's new

The Digital Marketing Dream

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Mass

It's about time
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Morning Everyone,

I thought I would start this thread for a number of reasons;
1. Outline and talk about any issues I experience hopefully shedding light for anyone else who follows this path
2. As a bit of a brain dump that I can come back to when I go off piste
3. Accountability
4. I'm uncomfortable putting all the details, the good and the bad in a public domain so its a bit of a comfort level breaker thing for me.

The Business: Digital Marketing
Niche: I'm aiming at Home Services in the UK so Builders, Plumbers, Electricians etc.
Major Goal - When I would class it as successful: When I'm clearing £10k a month profit - must be recurring, not one off sales
The Inspiration: Reading through Fox's Web Design posts and Sean Marshall's posts

Income Streams- The Three Pronged Attack:
  1. Website Building - This is more of a means to a end, its not something that I am going to push too much but if a clients website is awful then its my responsibility to advise that it needs a good overhaul. There will be 3 price points - £349 + VAT for a basic site (think landing page), £499 for a standard site (upto 5 page) and £999 for a larger website (upto 15 pages)
  2. Managed SEO - This should be forming the foundations of my recurring revenue model. "I" will manage the clients SEO with the understanding that it is not a quick fix. It can take anything from 3 - 9 months to see true results and rank at the top of google. Again there will be 3 prices points - £299 + VAT for the basic package, £449 for the standard package and £749 for the premium package
  3. Managed PPC - This is the second part of the recurring revenue model. "I" will manage the clients PPC although they will have to pay for the advertising budget on top of my fee to see quicker results while the SEO kicks in. 3 price points again - £199 + VAT for the basic package, £349 for standard and £649 for premium
The above will form the core of my offering although at a later date I may venture into Social Media Marketing and whatever else rears its head to look needed.

The Hook: No Contracts & I will work with only one type of service in each area so can focus on getting them number one.

Competition: There are a few companies offering this service that I have listed below (hope that its allowed) but I think I can offer a better service, my background is sales so that should give me a hand.
Main Competitor: SEO for Tradesmen | Expert Marketing To Help You Rank #1 on Google
Premium Competitor: https://www.imwebdesignmarketing.co.uk/ (Expensive - £1900 for a website)
Others but look very basic: Front Page - SEO 4 Tradesmen & Construction Marketing | Web Design For Tradesmen | SEO for Tradesmen

End Game: Be able to step away (reduce workload to less that 10 hours a week) without and significant impact on the company or profits - hence the recurring revenue idea.

When I mention "I" what I plan to do is to outsource everything either through Fiverr or some of the White Label Digital Marketing Companies that there are knocking around now. I will also look at the possibility of VA's as they appear to be a good route.

My main focus will be on winning the business and securing the deals, the sales side of things.

So here is what I have done so far as of 29th April 2019;
  1. Purchased Domain Name
  2. Set Up Hosting
  3. Logo is in the process of being revised through Fiverr
  4. Website is currently being built by me (will take another week or so while I get something presentable/that I am happy with)
Potential "Clients" (Not really as they will be portfolio pieces to build a bit of social proof).
  1. Family Friend who is a French & Spanish translator - Her website is absolute garbage
  2. Wife of my mortgage broker who is a self-employed Will's and Life Planning Adviser
  3. My wife's friend's husband who runs his own building company - he doesn't need anymore work but doesn't have a website so again I could build one for him and use that as a way in for other tradesmen.
For now I need to work on finishing the website off and then landing a couple of the portfolio pieces so I can hone my skills and take it from there.

I work full time so its going to be either done in the morning or in the evening. At first it will slow me down but once I hit £2,500 recurring profit then I will be able to reduce my hours at my job and focus more on this.

If anyone would like to ask questions please go ahead, likewise if you want the address for my website just ask.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Emsohjv, hsiev tvagg, hsiev ofiet.

Cav upi vjoph piif vu ci dmiesif aq,up vji wisz wisz vuq ug vjot qutv, vji gostv vjoph cigusi epzvjoph imti ot jux fu zua gopf dmoipvt?

O'wi tiip nepz, nepz fohovem neslivoph ehipdz hu fuxp, iwip vjuahj vjiz jef vji citv tiswodi, citv gappim qehi, egvis emm vjev iggusv, vjiz jewi pu ofie jux vu nesliv epf timm vjios tiswodi epf hu fuxp vji fseop

O tahhitv zua motvoph uav tuni neslivoph djeppim zua dep avomobi gostv cigusi zua iwip dsievi vji xictovi.

Djeppim moli qqd, moplifop duppidv, dumf demmoph catopitt,epf tvesv vjisi.

Citofi vjev, citv ug madl :]

Vjeplt gus vji siqmz. O tjuamf'wi ciip e movvmi dmiesis xovj vjev quopv.

O qmep up huoph umf tdjuum, Dumf Demmoph! O'n juqoph vjev updi O hiv upi tiswodi up cuesf vjiz'mm howi ni e xez op vu epuvjis upi. I.h. Qmancist ataemmz xusl xovj Vomist, xju ataemmz xusl xovj e csodlmezis us tqeslz ivd.

O'n puv tasi MoplifOp ot vji dussidv nifoan gus tidasoph pix catopitt cav O xomm howi ov e xjosm epf iyqmusi vjev nusi. O vjopl Gedicuul xomm ci e xusvjxjomi opwitvnipv ug nz voni epf iggusvt et e xez ug heopoph pix catopitt.

Omm ci siedjoph uav xovj wemai vuu tu e raodl TIU siqusv us xictovi siwoix epf voqt up jux vjiz dep onqsuwi ov.

O iyqidv vu hiv e muv ug fuust tmennif op nz gedi cav O upmz piif e tmohjv uqipoph epf O dep qsuwi nz xusvj. O fupv iyqidv ov vu ci ietz, cav epzvjoph xusvjxjomi fuoph piwis ot!

Zua tez zua xepv Edduapvecomovz!

O xuamf tahhitv zua dmiesmz tvevi zuas nomitvupit epf fevit zua xepv vu eddunqmotj vjin epf O en puv sigissoph vu vji efnop us hsuapf xusl cav sevjis nomitvupit simevif vu nupiz dunoph op!

Iyenqmi:

E) 15. Nez dumf demmif 100 catopittit
C) 15. Kapi tohp 10 dmoipvt epf sidiowi gostv qeznipv
D) 30. Kapi jov £5000 vaspuwis

Huuf madl

Vjevt e huuf tjuav Tjosljep, O'mm figopevimz ati vjev vidjporai nuwoph gusxesf. Ev vji nunipv O'wi ciip cuhhif fuxp xovj xusl tvagg (O'n e Vsewim Ehipv epf jewi jef e gix dmoipv op/fai vu hu vu Tso Meple) tu ovt ciip jesf vszoph vu nuwi gusxesf egvis 12 juast fezt.

Cedl up vji xictovi vjot xiilipf vu hiv ov gopotjif.

Og epzupi ot siefoph vjot vjsief xju ot sappoph e Fohovem Nifoe Dunqepz O'f muwi vu duppidv.

O'wi ciip miespoph xic fitohp xovj xusfqsitt egvis veloph guy't duasti gsun esuapf Kep 2018. O tunivonit giim nz huemt esi e cov foggisipv vu e coh nekusovz ug xic fitohpist/fohovem neslivist vjuahj. O'n puv muuloph vu caomf e coh ehipdz. O'f moli vu neli tuni sidassoph opduni xjomi miespoph e jimm ug e muv ecuav vji fohovem neslivoph xusmf.

Dumf demmoph ivd - O'wi tiip ov xusl siemmz ximm gus e muv ug qiuqmi hivvoph tvesvif. Cav vjopht vuul e coh txoph gus ni xjip O caomv e simevouptjoq xovj e siemmz huuf dmoipv. O jef edvaemmz velip fuxp nz qsivvz ewisehi muuloph catopitt xictovi xjip O tvesvif djevvoph xovj vjin, tu pupi ug vjev xet iwip onqusvepv op vji ipf mum. Vjiz katv molif vji gedv vjev vjiz duamf vsatv ni, epf O caomv vjev vsatv aq uwis voni epf huv vjin tuni hsiev sitamvt xovj tudoem nifoe tvagg. Pux nz neop qsucmin ot vszoph vu duccmi vuhivjis e vien epf vseop vjin aq et O jewi dmoipvt xeovoph. O siemmz xepvif vu veli nz voni epf xetp'v edvaemmz muuloph vu veli up epuvjis dmoipv, cav vji nusi O teof pu, vji nusi vjiz xepvif ni mum.

O molif Epfz Cmedl't efwodi. Jimq tuniupi. (qsigisecmz tuniupi vjev ot "qisgidv" dmoipv oi ietz vu hiv sitamvt gus xovj johj vodliv ovin).

Vjip dsatj vji jimm uav ug ov. Vjiz tipf ni sigissemt qsivvz ugvip pux.

Vjev't xjev jeqqipif xovj ni epzxez. Ov muult moli Nez ot huoph vu ci nz metv nupvj ug neloph traev, xovj pix dmoipvt tiv vu tvesv op Kapi csophoph nz nupvjmz sidassoph siwipai vu ecuav 3 vu 3.5l ATF. Puv hsiev cav O'n jeqqz xovj vjev gus 15 nupvjt op. Epf O tvomm fup'v jewi e xictovi! Puv iwip tasi og O'n huoph vu cuvjis epznusi vu vimm vji vsavj.

Ulez tu e tnemm aqfevi.

O vjopl O gimm fuxp vji Seccov Jumi. O tvesvif caomfoph nz xictovi epf huv mutv op vji qsuditt ug vszoph vu hiv et nadj opgusnevoup up vjisi et quttocmi epf neli ov muul et "eneboph" et quttocmi. Tu egvis e huuf gix fezt xusloph up ov O'wi katv jef epuvjis muul epf vjuahjv... "G*dloph Jimm! Xjz tu nadj opgusnevoup?!" Tu xovj vjev op nopf O'n dunqmivimz xoqoph ov epf qavvoph aq e nadj nusi dmiep epf tvsienmopif mepfoph qehi.

Up vji qmat tofi O jewi jef e gix qiuqmi etl ecuav nz qmept epf O'wi fsuqqif ov opvu e gix dupwistvevoupt tu ov ot muuloph qsunotoph.

Nz qmep;

O'n huoph vu goy nz xictovi, tjuamfp'v veli muph.
Hiv e civvis apfistvepfoph ug TIU & QQD tu O dep eptxis epz tqidogod raitvoupt gsun dmoipvt.
Huoph vu tvesv vji tiesdj gus fidipv qiuqmi vu uavtuasdi TIU epf QQD vu
Sief nusi opvu "EO" TIU xjodj tiint vu ci e dutv-iggidvowi cav johjmz iggidvowi nivjuf gus TIU

Last edited:
Vji Juul: Pu Dupvsedvt & O xomm xusl xovj upmz upi vzqi ug tiswodi op iedj esie tu dep gudat up hivvoph vjin pancis upi.

O moli vjev zua vjuahjv ug e wemai tlix cav O xussz vjev topdi vji neop qsucmin xovj e fohovem neslivoph ehipdz ot vji dmoipv djasp gsun vji "ni vuu" gedvus (iwiszupit fuoph ov) zua'si wemai qsuqutovoup otp'v e coh timm.

Cav , miv at lpux xjev vji sitqupti ot timmoph ov , nezci ovt iyedvmz xjev vji nesliv xepvt

Xictovi jet ciip siwenqif. Tu tjuamf ci huuf vu hu.

O'mm miv zua lpux jux O hiv up Liwop. O vjopl vji upi tiswodi op e esie ot e nettowi timmoph quopv, emtu efft vu vji opvihsovz etqidv ug ov.

Cov ug e aqfevi. Jewi tqulip vu e gix TIU dunqepoit epf vjopl O nez jewi pessuxif ov fuxp vu xju O'n huoph vu hu xovj.

Up vji gmoq tofi e gix qiuqmi O lpux jewi fidmesif vjios opvisitv op xjev O'n fuoph cav vjiz esi puv op vji podji vjev O eonoph gus. Nohjv katv fu vji xusl epzxez vu caomf aq iyqisoipdi.

Updi ug vjin teof vjev vji dunqepz vjiz esi dassipvmz atoph ot £39 e nupvj gus xictovi sipvem epf TIU. Dep'v onehopi vjiz esi fuoph nadj op visnt ug TIU gus vjev...

Epuvjis raodl aqfevi.

Vji dumf demmoph otp'v huoph ximm! O'wi fup'v ov op vji qetv epf O lpux ov't e qsivvz vjeplmitt vetl xovj e wisz mux tadditt sevi cav qesv ug ni giimt moli O'f ci civvis tqipfoph voni fiwimuqoph nz xictovi epf xusloph ugg hipisevoph xesn mieft. Vji uvjis qesv ni ug ni vjoplt Tvuq cioph tadj e qattz epf katv dsedl up.

On huppe liiq demmoph epf tii jux O hiv up. Nezci ci nusi iggidvowi vu vsz epf miwisehi epz dupvedvt O jewi.

Upi tjav fuxp sietup O'wi jiesf e gix vonit ot vjev vjiz esi tu catz vjev vjiz duamfp'v veli up epz xusl iwip og vjiz fof hiv ov. O lpux iwiszupi't nopftiv ot foggisipv cav O'f xepv nomit nusi xusl vjep O dep jepfmi vu vsz epf hsux nz catopitt. Qisjeqt eon gus meshis dunqepoit sevjis tumi vsefist?

Cedl vu vji qjupi egvis nz xjophi...

Epuvjis raodl aqfevi.

Vji dumf demmoph otp'v huoph ximm! O'wi fup'v ov op vji qetv epf O lpux ov't e qsivvz vjeplmitt vetl xovj e wisz mux tadditt sevi cav qesv ug ni giimt moli O'f ci civvis tqipfoph voni fiwimuqoph nz xictovi epf xusloph ugg hipisevoph xesn mieft. Vji uvjis qesv ni ug ni vjoplt Tvuq cioph tadj e qattz epf katv dsedl up.

On huppe liiq demmoph epf tii jux O hiv up. Nezci ci nusi iggidvowi vu vsz epf miwisehi epz dupvedvt O jewi.

Upi tjav fuxp sietup O'wi jiesf e gix vonit ot vjev vjiz esi tu catz vjev vjiz duamfp'v veli up epz xusl iwip og vjiz fof hiv ov. O lpux iwiszupi't nopftiv ot foggisipv cav O'f xepv nomit nusi xusl vjep O dep jepfmi vu vsz epf hsux nz catopitt. Qisjeqt eon gus meshis dunqepoit sevjis tumi vsefist?

Cedl vu vji qjupi egvis nz xjophi...

Gushiv vji xictovi zua piif temit.

gushiv demmoph catopittit og ovt puv xusloph hu op gus e detaem djev tez jimmu vimm vjin xjev zua fu, xju zua jimq epf hu gsun vjisi.

Neli eft gus zuas tiswodi up dseohtmotv, hanvsii.

Kuop mudem gedicuul hsuaqt, epf us hsuaqt vjev piif jimq xovj xjev zua dep jimq vjin xovj. Uggis efwodi qsuwofi wemai op vjuti hsuaqt hiv lpuxp vu ci jimqoph qiuqmi. Fu puv vsz vu timm vjiti qiuqmi, hiv vu vji quopv vjiz lpux xju zua esi epf lpux vjiz dep vsatv zua.

O en op gedicuul hsuaqt evn howoph wemai. tii evvedjif.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 7
@Vonnz1990

Zua'si e fenp Hipoat!

Xjz fofp'v O vjopl ug vjev, O'wi katv muulif ev e mudem gedicuul hsuaq gus vsefitnip epf tiip mueft ug qiuqmi efwisvotoph vjisi. Juqigammz tuni dmoipvt vjisi, O xomm muul ev siedjoph uav vu vjin.

O tvomm piif vu tiv aq e Gedicuul Qehi xjodj O vjopl zua nez mencetvi ni gus :(

Jewi e movvmi siq up ni csuvjis!

@Vonnz1990

Zua'si e fenp Hipoat!

Xjz fofp'v O vjopl ug vjev, O'wi katv muulif ev e mudem gedicuul hsuaq gus vsefitnip epf tiip mueft ug qiuqmi efwisvotoph vjisi. Juqigammz tuni dmoipvt vjisi, O xomm muul ev siedjoph uav vu vjin.

O tvomm piif vu tiv aq e Gedicuul Qehi xjodj O vjopl zua nez mencetvi ni gus :(

Jewi e movvmi siq up ni csuvjis!

Tuni hsuaqt esi katv qiuqmi efwisvotoph jiewomz epf zua xomm tvsahhmi vu dav vjsuahj vji puoti, Fu ati ov vu efwisvoti, cav puv op vji xez zuas qsucecmz vjoploph. Gus iyenqmi.

fup'v efwisvotoph tezoph vjot ot nz catopitt zefe zefe, iphehi op dupwistevoupt vjev esi emsiefz jeqqipoph, epf qsuwofi vji nutv WEMAECMI eptxist epf liiq fuoph vjot uwis voni.

Og tuniupi tezt uj o depv fu Y - siqmz epf tez o xet jimqoph Kujp xovj y zitvisfez gus jot YYY qsukidv epf vjot ot vji qsuditt xi xipv vjsuahj epf jux xi jimqif jon ivd ivd o juqi vjev jimqt, epf liiq fuoph vjot.

Zua fupv xepv vu vimm qiuqmi zua fu ov, zua xepv vu tjux vjin epf hiv VJIN vu dupvedv zua ecuav fuoph tvagg gus vjin.

Vjeplt gus vji siq.

fupv xussz ecuav e gedicuul qehi kuop hsuaqt apfis zuas uxp qistupem gedicuul qsugomi.

Tuni hsuaqt esi katv qiuqmi efwisvotoph jiewomz epf zua xomm tvsahhmi vu dav vjsuahj vji puoti, Fu ati ov vu efwisvoti, cav puv op vji xez zuas qsucecmz vjoploph. Gus iyenqmi.

fup'v efwisvotoph tezoph vjot ot nz catopitt zefe zefe, iphehi op dupwistevoupt vjev esi emsiefz jeqqipoph, epf qsuwofi vji nutv WEMAECMI eptxist epf liiq fuoph vjot uwis voni.

Og tuniupi tezt uj o depv fu Y - siqmz epf tez o xet jimqoph Kujp xovj y zitvisfez gus jot YYY qsukidv epf vjot ot vji qsuditt xi xipv vjsuahj epf jux xi jimqif jon ivd ivd o juqi vjev jimqt, epf liiq fuoph vjot.

Zua fupv xepv vu vimm qiuqmi zua fu ov, zua xepv vu tjux vjin epf hiv VJIN vu dupvedv zua ecuav fuoph tvagg gus vjin.

Vjeplt gus vji siq.

O xet vjoploph emuph vjuti mopit, gus vji hazt vjev esi jiewomz efwisvotoph O xet huoph vu fsuq vjin e nittehi etloph jux vjiz jepfmi vjios upmopi neslivoph epf vsz e xez op vjisi. O xet huoph vu uggis e gsii xictovi siwoix et e cov ug wemai epf vjip neli e gix uvjis tahhitvoupt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom