What's new

The feeling of liberation

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

B.Cotter

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
75
Location
Northern VA
Rep Bank
$500
User Power: 144%
Greetings everyone,

My introduction into this community started with reading Unscripted . The book resonated with me on a different level than others have in the past. Very insightful and authentic. I'm currently waiting on TMF to arrive and I cannot wait to dive into it.

My life has greatly changed in the past months like so many other people. I've been with the same privately held restaurant group for almost 10 years now. I worked my way up to director of ops, opening and overseeing 7 locations with an 8th on the way; 5 different concepts. However, this pandemic completely turned everything upside down. Business wasn't good, it was great but due to the owner's mismanagement of money the company literally has 0 to fall back on, with or without the SBA loans. (We actually applied for the PPP and disaster loans, didn't get it on the first round, now waiting on the second round.) Unfortunately, his plan for that money is to support his personal finances and waive the forgiveness... the 8 cars, 2 houses, $50-60k in monthly credit card charges all need attention. Our accountant and I were also expected to manage his personal life finances as well so we know the numbers.

This is all a blessing in disguise. For the past year I've been putting things in place to depart and open a restaurant. The only issue that I foresee now is that for the next 1-2 years or more I don't believe restaurants are going to be sitting in a beneficial position. In my opinion, this pandemic will have long lasting effects that make restaurants even less glamorous than before. I'm taking myself back to the drawing board which is a step backward but still very exciting.

I've alleviated most of my financial obligations. I have a big enough nest egg to live for multiple years without income if necessary. I'm ready for the next step, and to keep grinding hard but for myself now, not for someone else's lifestyle. It's a very liberating feeling and I wake up each morning in a better mood and with a smile which hasn't happened in a long time. I'm hoping to take away key advice and information from everyone here and be able to offer value as well.

Thank you all.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiivopht vu zua vuu & O tii zua'si edvowi up vji gusan, huuf gus zua!
Et ep etofi, xjip siefoph opvsufadvoupt O'wi puvodif vjisi tiint vu ci e dussimevoup civxiip vji qutvis't qsugittoup & vji xusft vjiz ati.
Zua'si op sitveasepvt:
O'n juqoph vu veli exez liz efwodi epf opgusnevoup gsun iwiszupi jisi epf ci ecmi vu uggis wemai et ximm.
Nezci ov't katv ni MUM

Tii zua esuapf vji gusan
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom