What's new

The journey to Launching a SAAS business, but first some key questions

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

safff

Redlining
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hopefully the below ramble makes sense, trying to be productive with minimal sleep 2 days into a new baby's arrival.

So for the past 12 years or so I've successfully operated a consulting firm in the construction industry, but for the past year have been developing a SAAS product with a difference that really addresses our client's needs. It will bring huge growth, beyond what I can hope for with the traditional consulting and has had great feedback so far. A few major clients letting me down lately has been the catalyst for fully pivoting how I do business, gravitating away from the traditional consulting model.

The two main challenges are reach/exposure and pricing.

Knowing there are a few successful SAAS entrepreneurs here, it seemed a good place to ask for some qualified opinions - and document what works for me and doesn't as I go.

Would love to hear from any seasoned vets that might have a few insights?

1 - Price of service I've chosen value based pricing and am fairly confident in that decision. But I'm always one to be proven wrong, so will throw it out here in case someone with a track record disagrees.

The initial target would be $1m revenue over 20 clients. $3-50k up front or similar is fairly common in the industry.

Not sure I like the idea of free trials or monthly subscriptions but open to at least evaluating all options if someone else has had success.

The alternative is a more affordable package in the hundreds per month. too easily cancellable, clients could very quickly become more work in upkeep than their value. But the cost per acquisition drops massively and it's arguably easier to get 200 companies to take a punt and spend $400 for something that might solve a problem that it is to gain 20 companies spending $50k. But it doesn't give them buy in, drops the level of service and the list goes on.

2. Reach: Cold outreach via email/linkedin has given a relatively low uptake (1% or so so far). It's been low cost too so that isn't a huge problem. More active in LinkedIn will bring a bit of engagement but there is probably an more effective route.

The challenge is that the service is quite niche so I'm looking for as close to a golden bullet I can find between impact and cost - initially. Working the existing client base is proving slow but effective.

I've a fairly captive audience/network on linkedin of around 1500 people. Probably 300 are in a position to be considered targets. The platform has become very bloated with everyone selling something and people are tired of it. The cost per acquisition is forecast at approx $2500 for paid ads. No evidence to suggest it would be that price or effective, Something for the toolbox but maybe from a supplemental point of view.

Utilising the existing network is an option if I approach it with some finesse, posting and taking an engagement approach is a little too passive and a slow burn which I don't think is the answer - more something I should practice long term.

Linkedin direct messaging / again has yielded some results but is probably not the most efficient spend of time and money.

So road hump one, any advice on cost effective leadgen for a niche SAAS?

Profile of the right client are my existing clients. A campaign will be set up but the nature of the people in the industry probably means results will be limited.
Google - 4/10, The right people aren't likely to be googling for a solution
Social Media - 2/10, the majority aren't likely to be on facebook or insta
Linkedin - 7/10, the audience are there, but they're also ad fatigued. Posts are probably less effective, cold outreach a bit higher of a hit rate.

Old school direct email

Jesf vu neli epz tahhitvoupt xovjuav vji qsufadv us opfatvsz opgusnevoup.

Ov't lopfe moli etloph, "Ximm hazt, O fup'v giim ximm, xjev't xsuph xovj ni?"

R: Xjev jasvt? Xjev tznqvunt esi zua jewoph? Jiefedjit? Gevohai? Csievjoph qsucmint?

E: O dep'v vimm zua.

Nz opovoem siedvoup — cetif up xjev movvmi vjisi ot vu hu up — ot ovt e vissocmz tnemm nesliv tobi, duaqmif xovj e foggodamv temit qsuditt op siedjoph vji eafoipdi. Ov't tunivjoph O jewi pu eptxist gus.

Catopitt ot vissocmz jesf. Zua neli ov opdsifocmz jesf xjip siedjoph vji sohjv eafoipdi gus vjev catopitt ot moli vjsiefoph e piifmi.

Jesf vu neli epz tahhitvoupt xovjuav vji qsufadv us opfatvsz opgusnevoup.

Ov't lopfe moli etloph, "Ximm hazt, O fup'v giim ximm, xjev't xsuph xovj ni?"

R: Xjev jasvt? Xjev tznqvunt esi zua jewoph? Jiefedjit? Gevohai? Csievjoph qsucmint?

E: O dep'v vimm zua.

Nz opovoem siedvoup — cetif up xjev movvmi vjisi ot vu hu up — ot ovt e vissocmz tnemm nesliv tobi, duaqmif xovj e foggodamv temit qsuditt op siedjoph vji eafoipdi. Ov't tunivjoph O jewi pu eptxist gus.

Catopitt ot vissocmz jesf. Zua neli ov opdsifocmz jesf xjip siedjoph vji sohjv eafoipdi gus vjev catopitt ot moli vjsiefoph e piifmi.
Vjeplt gus vji siqmz epf zua'si sohjv vji UQ fuit sief vjev xez. O'mm qav vjev fuxp vu vji cecz epf nan tqipfoph 23 ug vji qetv 24 juast hivvoph ephsz epf motvoph xjev O'wi fupi xsuph

Vji nesliv otp'v et tnemm et O nez jewi nefi ov tiin.

Ittipvoemmz epz nekus duptvsadvoup us iphopiisoph dunqepz veloph up e qsukidv xusvj $5n us nusi xuamf hiv e cipigov, nusitu vji upit up qsukidvt ug $50n epf ecuwi. Xjodj jet ciip nz veshiv nesliv gus vji duptamvoph ehipdz. Ov otp'v et tnemm e nesliv et O'wi nefi ov tuapf, op gedv ov't sevjis jahi xjip zua siemmz vjopl ecuav ov - iwisz johj soti, iwisz jutqovem, iwisz csofhi, seomxez, het qmepv, sueft, opfatvsoem apovt. Vjiz'mm emm ci ci caomv cz e neop dupvsedvus xju xomm tii civvis sitamvt vjsuahj uas tugvxesi.

Ov ittipvoemmz velit vji tiswodi xi emsitfz qsuwofi ug ittipvoemmz neyonotoph vji enuapv ug detj uas dmoipvt siduwis neyonan ipvovminipv gsun vjios dupvvedvt epf howit vjin e taovi ug fohovem vuumt vu siqmodevi qesv ug xjev xi fu civvis vjep nutv inqmuzist xuamf epf gus e gsedvoup ug vji dutv ug e duptamvepv

Vjiz hiv civvis sitamvt epf tewi ep iyvse qistup ev $200l+ e zies, xju xuamf molimz ci xusloph nepaemmz epf tvomm piif jimq - us e duptamvepv ev dosde $2l / fez.

Vji liz qiuqmi ev vjiti uqisevoupt esi hipisemmz johj miwim nepehist

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom