The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Key to Achieving Our Goals, Belief.

Anything related to matters of the mind

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
The Key to Achieving Our Goals, Belief.

“Here we go again.”

“A mystical guru that promotes wishful thinking and expects us to get results.”

Oh you’ve got me all figured out huh? There is nothing Mystical about the power of belief.

“Where is he going with this?”

Do not confuse the power of belief with wishful thinking. You can’t wish yourself a new Lamborghini.

That’s right. Successful people never wish themselves to success. But they do all have something in common.

Successful people believe that they can achieve their goals. So they do. Average people believe they cannot, so they don’t.

“Successful people are just lucky”

Who do you think is more lucky? The person who sits in front of the T.V.? Or the person who works hard to achieve their own goals every day?

Think about that.

Without belief, successful people would not put in the hard work. They would not have the focus or determination to achieve.

“I don’t know how to achieve my goals, therefore there is no way to do it.”

When you believe that you can do it. The how to do it develops.

If you send a signal to your brain that tells it that a certain goal is unreachable, your mind will give you thoughts and ideas that support that belief.

Think defeat and lose.

If you believe that you can reach your goals. The mind will start calculating and give you ideas and motivation needed to make that goal a reality.

Think victory and succeed.

New industries, scientific breakthroughs, and expanding markets all spell opportunity.

This makes it easier to achieve big goals. There are countless opportunities and not enough big believers.

“Ok so what, I’m realistic and I know what I can and can’t do.”

It all starts with mindset.

Mindset

“The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability, we will brittle in the face of adversity”- Josh Witzkin

A person is a product of their own thoughts. If you think doubt, you will fail. Think victory and you will win.

Successful people aren’t more intelligent nor are they more perceptive than average people, they are only super confident.

They search for tools that help them achieve their goals.

You convert opportunity into reward and search for tools otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this.

There are two different mindsets that you can have. A fixed mindset or a growth mindset.

Belief will give you a growth mindset.

Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset

Fixed mindset people give up when they hit a setback.

Fixed mindset people believe they can’t succeed, so they do not.

They think small and will never reach the top because they never discover the steps leading there.

Fixed mindset people believe that their current ability or talent is well… fixed.

If you have a growth mindset you have a different perspective on intelligence. You are not chained to your current capabilities.

Growth mindset people are great achievers that build and grow their abilities.

They learn how to grow and they learn how their own brain works.

Listen to your thoughts. Are you in a fixed or growth mindset?

Believe Big and Achieve Big.

Humans would have never went to the moon if we didn’t believe that we could.

Cancer will never be cured if we do not believe it is possible.

All great achievements came from people who believed that their craft would be great.

The people that reach the top start out with an attitude that they will reach the top.

Top leaders started out small. But they believed they would become the best.

Believe you are worth little, receive little, believe in big things, receive big.

What You Can do to Believe and Put Yourself in a Growth Mindset and Believe BIG.

Think, “I’m equal to the best,” not “I’m outclassed.”

-Be as good or better than the best

Take initiative.

-Ideas aren’t worth anything unless you take action. Figure it out on the way.

Think like the person you intend to become.

-Fake it till you make it. This will make you confident. Invision who you want to be in the future.

Use your mind to work with you not against you.

-Never think “I can’t do it” This is self sabotage and a limiting belief.

Never sell yourself short.

-Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are.

-Success isn’t based on luck or super intellect. Successful people are just ordinary people who have developed belief in themselves.

Think Success

-Believe big. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief. Little goals = little success.

-Big ideas are often easier to accomplish than small ideas.

(edit:Font size and spacing)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@arfadugus ... if you don't mind, I'd like to put my own personal spin on this 'belief' thing. BTW...great reading !

My beliefs go beyond believing. It's knowing. I mean knowing like it's already happened. This isn't a difficult thing to do, but it's definitely challenging to stay there. If you tell people what you're going to do or what you know will happen, most will either shoot you down or listen in total disbelief. And if time goes on and things aren't really happening....you can lose faith. But it really doesn't matter what others say or believe. What matters is what you believe. Of course if you just sit on your a$$ and do nothing, the only thing you'll know is failure in the worse sense.

I've tested this several times over the past year and every time, I got the results I wanted. It's weird because yes you work your a$$ off, pivot, network, push, etc. But weird things happen like the right person comes along at the right time....the right deal shows up....shit just falls into place. Many times I've said to my Wife, "Can you believe that just happened ?!". She usually replies, "Yes I can.".....of course, because she's smarter than me ;).

I've read where your unconscious mind does a LOT of work for you that of course, you're not aware of. If that's true, so be it. All I know is that when I'm in this state of mind where I burn the bridges and there is no going back....good shit happens.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
How many goals have you personally achieved and how big they are?
I know you're practicing copywriting, but 80% of copywrite quality is your competence in subject you write on. And stop using big font sizes with 1km line-height, it's annoying as hell.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I know you're practicing copywriting, but 80% of copywrite quality is your competence in subject you write on. And stop using big font sizes with 1km line-height, it's annoying as hell.
I've never heard anything useful from you. Every comment or reply I see you post is rubbish. You should work on that.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
@arfadugus ... if you don't mind, I'd like to put my own personal spin on this 'belief' thing. BTW...great reading !

My beliefs go beyond believing. It's knowing. I mean knowing like it's already happened. This isn't a difficult thing to do, but it's definitely challenging to stay there. If you tell people what you're going to do or what you know will happen, most will either shoot you down or listen in total disbelief. And if time goes on and things aren't really happening....you can lose faith. But it really doesn't matter what others say or believe. What matters is what you believe. Of course if you just sit on your a$$ and do nothing, the only thing you'll know is failure in the worse sense.

I've tested this several times over the past year and every time, I got the results I wanted. It's weird because yes you work your a$$ off, pivot, network, push, etc. But weird things happen like the right person comes along at the right time....the right deal shows up....shit just falls into place. Many times I've said to my Wife, "Can you believe that just happened ?!". She usually replies, "Yes I can.".....of course, because she's smarter than me ;).

I've read where your unconscious mind does a LOT of work for you that of course, you're not aware of. If that's true, so be it. All I know is that when I'm in this state of mind where I burn the bridges and there is no going back....good shit happens.
I agree. Things do seem to fall in place.

Motivationcity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 24, 2016

Great post man, I was thinking the exact same while reading. This does tend to work very well for me, while reaching for my goal. Mentally my goal is already done, so I just have to make it physical now. There are really only four things you need to do in order to achieve want you want.
  1. Look at your current situation

2. Ask yourself "Am I happy?"
  3. What is your “why”? Why do you want to achieve this goal.
  4. Commit to your plan and prosper.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I've never heard anything useful from you. Every comment or reply I see you post is rubbish. You should work on that.
No need to lie and trashtalk when you butthurt.

As for "useful" for your personal agenda - you would improve and get closer to your "escape 9-5" goal by doing what I mentioned in my last reply.
I won't waste my time on any of your threads anymore, enjoy mediocrity.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
No need to lie and trashtalk when you butthurt.

As for "useful" for your personal agenda - you would improve and get closer to your "escape 9-5" goal by doing what I mentioned in my last reply.
I won't waste my time on any of your threads anymore, enjoy mediocrity.
Sorry I was having a really shitty day yesterday.

Motivationcity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 24, 2016

@arfadugus I think you need work on not taking your personal problems out on others. People usually do this when there is an underlining personnel issue.

This is simply helpful advice not trying to be mean. Check out my blog might help you out a little bit. Best of luck

Random_0

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 4, 2016
It sometimes feels like the idea of the "belief" talk is an afterthought of looking someone who was willing to take action on making an idea happen

Everyone who takes action has some degree of belief but not everyone who has belief takes action

The key to achieving goals is action...

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Fixed
@arfadugus I think you need work on not taking your personal problems out on others. People usually do this when there is an underlining personnel issue.

This is simply helpful advice not trying to be mean. Check out my blog might help you out a little bit. Best of luck
I usually am good about it but yesterday I was on edge. I apologized.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Sorry I was having a really shitty day yesterday.
Man, happens to all of us.
I just watched the movie "Inside Out" and you should too. I am just blown away by the concept.
I think I will have less shitty days from today because of that movie lol.

@devine I noticed that your rep count and like count has a huge gap. You should be somewhere around 2500$ by now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.