The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

The NECST is met, but... And there is a big but!

PeteA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Feb 15, 2017
Miami, FL
So I've read the book and reread the CENTS chapters... I have an idea that has been eating me up for a few years. Some how, the stars are aligning itself for this business model. Everything about it meets the CENTS commandments, Entry is still being worked and will be a longer process than originally anticipated, but can be worked as the business launches. So, what's the big BUT?

I currently already own a franchise business and for the last 18 months I have been establishing myself as the expert in that market and have built a good following. Some passive income is begging to flow in, but this business is no where in the fastlane scope! My friends, my family, MY WIFE, have all been super supportive, and that's awesome! Fast forward, do I now tell them, "You know what? this business is a much better idea!" unfortunately for me, those words have been my track record for some time now with only a few companies that have survived my possession for more than 5 years. Most businesses I have started, sold off for a profit within 3 years (not fastlane profits, but decent enough for a sidwalker that I was) or businesses that have gone down as bad projects. Let me not get into my battles with MLM's....

So where I find the struggle is mostly with my wife, I love her more than anything and the last thing I want to do is disappoint her as everything I am doing is not only for me, but for her! I know where my heart is, but I can't seem to figure out how to say, "I still want to keep the franchise, but I know this is where our future is".... I feel embarrassed, I feel that I will be ridiculed by my friends and family. This a part of my personal demons I deal with that haunt me everyday, every time I think of another idea that may work. The biggest difference from every other time, is that none of the other ideas or businesses ever met the CENTS commandments.

So my question and feedback I am looking for is, for those of you that have been down my same road, what have you done, what would you suggest, how would you consider dealing with this situation?

Your constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of info here to help you on your journey. Wear the search bar out!

What worked for me was changing my mindset. I changed it to "I don't really care what you think about my ideas or what I choose to do with my life". Obviously you would want to tone it down for the family but you get the drift.

An example: I drive a real piece of junk truck. Everybody hates the way it looks. But I like it. And I don't really care what everyone thinks (wife included).

It takes work to change your mindset but I think it's worth it. After you spend some time around here, you will realize mindset is the main thing holding people back.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.