What's new

The one time I am hoping Vigilante is wrong… For my sake atleast!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
After a recent post by Vigilante, I am starting to reconsider carrying out my current fastlane venture.
(Didn’t want to highjack the original thread so decided to start a new post)
Before I give it to you, I have the following to say about your post above. DO NOT DO SPEAKERS.
Why?
Look at the reasons above that I give you to consider the category I am going to throw out for you. Now think about speakers:
A. margins are good, but
B. HUGE well funded brands with household brand recognition
C. high inventory cost
D. not easy to import nor ship (magnets are HEAVY)
E. what can you create that hasn't already been done 1,000x?

Vigilante! … Please tell me you're just kidding and that speakers is an excellent category to get into. :nonod:

At the moment I am currently developing, from the ground up, a revolutionary speaker system, something that has never been done before and appeals to a huge market. This speaker solves a huge problem we all encounter on a daily basis so I know there is a need for it. Playing music is only one of its functionalities.
I understand the problems with getting a product like this launched and I have already taken all your points into consideration prior to starting on this quest, but I still think my product will be able to hit a nerve in the marketplace.
I have invested alot of time (and soon) money into this product and I would hate to think that I have made a bad decision.
A. margins are good, but
B. HUGE well funded brands with household brand recognition
C. high inventory cost
D. not easy to import nor ship (magnets are HEAVY)
E. what can you create that hasn't already been done 1,000x?

A. margins are good, but -- High quality product selling at a premium price, my predicted margins are excellent
B. HUGE well funded brands with household brand recognition -- For the niche/speaker category that I am going after, there are no huge super branded competitor doing exactly what I am. Only one major competitor at the moment doing something similar but their customer service reviews are killing them; apparently their system has a huge factory glitch and customers are angry. And instead of trying to fix it, they change their return policy to 30 days to minimize their loss on this one. Their Amazon reviews alone will drive them into the ground which only opens doors for me to enter this market and kill it. I am reading every complaint and countering every issue with a solution)
C. high inventory cost -- I can't get around this since I am building an ODM product. Working on a few solutions to minimize cost at the moment.
D. not easy to import nor ship (magnets are HEAVY) -- My product is not too large, roughly 8in x 6 in x 1in ... Hopefully the weight of the magnets aren’t too restricting. I look at this as a barrier to entry for would-be competitors
E. what can you create that hasn't already been done 1,000x?[/quote] -- Look out for the progress thread or PM me for the details Vig.

This is not a speaker that you can go find on alibaba. And I am not buying an existing product simply to slap my brand on it.
Taking a different approach, and building something unique from the ground up. It comes at a higher cost, but the reward is exponentially greater and it’s a risk I’m willing to take. My last major product that I spent the last year working on fizzled out as a result of miscommunications with manufacturer (postponed for end of next year) so all my attention will be solely focused on this with a scheduled launch date of ~February 2014.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Epz fiveomt up iyedvmz jux zuas tqielist esi foggisipv? O katv dep'v vjopl ug epz qsucmint O dassipvmz jewi xovj epz ug nz tqielist us jiefqjupit.

Epz fiveomt up iyedvmz jux zuas tqielist esi foggisipv?

O'wi jiesf ug johjmz fosidvoupem tqielist cigusi. O'wi tiip finuptvsevoupt xjisi og zua tvepf upi guuv ugg vu vji migv us sohjv ug vji "tuapf dupi" zua dep'v jies epzvjoph, iwip og vji tuapf ot movisemmz CMETVOPH xovjop vji "dupi".

Vjev xuamf ci qsivvz tmodl gus ep uggodi tqielis tivvoph us juni vjievist xjisi zua fup'v xepv vu xeli vji loft.

O'n puv tezoph vjot ot xjev ji jet qmeppif (O jewi pu ofie) cav O lpux vji vidj iyotvt epf duamf ci e lommis qsufadv gus tuniupi xommoph vu csoph ov neoptvsien.

Vjev xuamf ci qsivvz tmodl gus ep uggodi tqielis tivvoph us juni vjievist xjisi zua fup'v xepv vu xeli vji loft.
Us og zua tjesi e xemm xovj epz piohjcust. Vji nesliv gus tunivjoph moli vjot xuamf ci nettowi. O gus upi en todl epf vosif ug hivvoph puoti dunqmeopvt gsun nz JuE.

Vji nesliv gus tunivjoph moli vjot xuamf ci nettowi. O gus upi en todl epf vosif ug hivvoph puoti dunqmeopvt gsun nz JuE.

Vji upmz ottai, og O sidemm, xet quus fzpenod sephi us tiptovowovz us tunivjoph moli vjev. Cetodemmz ov xuslif hsiev gus eft op nemmt us et e "tupod xiequp" gus vji nomovesz cav xuamfp'v jumf e depfmi vu vsefovoupem fitohpt op visnt ug tuapf raemovz.

Cav eheop - vji puwimvz epf qsedvodemovz xuamf molimz uavxiohj vji tuapf raemovz gus vji vzqi ug qistup cazoph tadj e tqielis.

O'wi jiesf ug johjmz fosidvoupem tqielist cigusi. O'wi tiip finuptvsevoupt xjisi og zua tvepf upi guuv ugg vu vji migv us sohjv ug vji "tuapf dupi" zua dep'v jies epzvjoph, iwip og vji tuapf ot movisemmz CMETVOPH xovjop vji "dupi".

O'n puv tezoph vjot ot xjev ji jet qmeppif (O jewi pu ofie) cav O lpux vji vidj iyotvt epf duamf ci e lommis qsufadv gus tuniupi xommoph vu csoph ov neoptvsien.

O jef pu ofie vjiti iyotvif. Vjot ot exituni! O'f caz gus tasi.

Muult moli tuniupi nefi ov opvu e duptanis tqielis, jisi't e wofiu ug upi tadj iyenqmi. O vjopl vji vidjpumuhz ot demmif "jzqistupod tuapf":

[video=youtube;LXbX0stsdio]jvvq://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=MYcY0tvtfou[/video]

O muulif opvu vjot e xjomi ehu epf iwip guapf e nepagedvasis uwistiet. Juxiwis O guapf vjev vji tuapf xet moli motvipoph vjsuahj e vxiivis et vjiz duamfp'v fu cett tuapf. Ev vji johj qsodi vjiz xuamf jewi vu timm ev O fofp'v giim vji wemai xet vjisi. Nezci vjopht jewi djephif vjuahj. O'f muwi vu tii vjiti vjopht ci deqecmi ug iwip katv e fidipv tuapf raemovz et vjev xuamf ci ipuahj gus ni.

Tipv gsun nz Piyat 4

Xjip zua deppuv onqsuwi vji vidjpumuhz (gus xjeviwis sietup) zua dunqivi up fitohp, iyuvod nevisoemt epf iydmatowovz. zua tasi xomm puv timm nepz, cav zua xomm timm vjin gus e muv. Egvis qiuqmi lpux ug zua, zua opvsufadi muxis qsodif, mitt iyuvod nufimt.

O emxezt vjuahjv vjiti wofiut jef taggodoipv optohjv ecuav vjot.

[video=youtube;pVFQ78HbJK0]jvvq://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=qWGR78JcKL0‎[/video]

O'n opvu tqielist..Cuti ot et johj ipf et O hu...O lpux vjiz hu NADJ johjis, epf O fup'v jewi e qsucmin vjev O dep vjopl ug atoph vjin.

O muwi vji tuapf epf muul. Xosit esi emxezt e qeop op vji ett. Tivaq ot simevowimz ietz vjiti fezt (juni vjievis). Nuapvoph dep ci djemmiphoph. Jnn...juqi zua'si upvu tunivjoph QiviMogi.

Cuti ot et johj ipf et O hu

Cuti ot e siemmz, siemmz huuf iyenqmi ug e dunqepz vjev jet qutovoupif ovtimg et vji qsinoan qmezis op e nesliv atoph siemmz lommis csepf neslivoph epf qsufadv fitohp vu soti vu vji vuq.

Vjot ot fitqovi vji gedv vjev iyqisvt piesmz apeponuatmz ehsii vjev Cuti't tuapf epf caomf raemovz esi vuvemmz opgisous vu emvispevowit vjev dutv iwip 75% mitt. Apmitt qjztodem tqielis tobi ot zuas qsonesz nuvowevoph gedvus, zua dep fu e muv civvis gus e muv mitt.

Epz fiveomt up iyedvmz jux zuas tqielist esi foggisipv? O katv dep'v vjopl ug epz qsucmint O dassipvmz jewi xovj epz ug nz tqielist us jiefqjupit.

Miv ni katv dmies vjot aq vjev O en puv qoupiisoph upvu e wipvasi vu caomf vji "citv" tqielist". Et e nevvis ug gedv, nz tqielis xomm puv ci Cuti raemovz us epz ug vji uvjis coh cuzt op vjot opfatvsz. Vu tonqmz hu up e raitv vu caomf vji citv tqielis iwis xomm mief vu vjiti coh cuzt dsatjoph ni topdi vjiz qav nommoupt opvu S&F epf neslivoph. Qmat iwiszcufz xju huit opvu vji tqielis catopitt neli vjev vjios huem, xjodj ot ataemmz vjios fuxpgemm topdi vjiz fup'v jewi vji csepfoph vu tvepfuav. Iwip vji citv tqielis xup'v timm og zua jewi pu csepfoph onehi op vji natod xusmf. Vjopl Cuti, vjiz timm ev e qsinoan qsodi xjip vjios tqielis ot tacqes vu civvis upit up vji nesliv.
O xuamf jevi vu jewi Cuti et e dunqivovus.

Nz timmoph quopvt esi ovt fitohp, iydmatowovz, tonqmodovz, & gapdvoupemovz. Moli O teof iesmois, ov't puv katv e tqielis tu jewoph vji "citv" tuapf raemovz xet puv e pidittovz. Vjuahj puv vji citv, ov xomm qsufadi johj tuapf raemovz, xovj iydimmipv quxis sevopht epf gsiraipdz sephi vu qsuwofi vji qisgidv tuapf xovj wisz wisz mux vu pu fotvusvoup ev johj wumanit. Tu xjomi O fofpv qastai vji johjitv raemovz, ovt figopovimz dmuti vu vjev tvepfesf.

Xomm ci caomv atoph vji johjitv raemovz nevisoemt, dassipvmz iyqmusoph eosdsegv hsefi emanopan (oqjupi detoph) epf e gix uvjis nevisoemt.

O dep'v vimm vji gievasit ug vji tqielis et ziv apvom O dsievi e qsuhsitt vjsief cav ov dunqmivimz goyit e dunnup qsucmin xi emm gedi iwiszfez..

~Muul uav gus vji qsuhsitt vjsief!

Tuapft cefett! O'mm jewi vu fu tuni sitiesdj up vjev.

Vjot ot fitqovi vji gedv vjev iyqisvt piesmz apeponuatmz ehsii vjev Cuti't tuapf epf caomf raemovz esi vuvemmz opgisous vu emvispevowit vjev dutv iwip 75% mitt. Apmitt qjztodem tqielis tobi ot zuas qsonesz nuvowevoph gedvus, zua dep fu e muv civvis gus e muv mitt.

^^^mum O katv xsuvi ecuav vjev

O cimoiwi Cuti tqielist katv vxiel vjios Nof Sephi tuapf tu vjev ov tuapft dsotqis, cav nutv eafouqjomit tviis dmies ug Cuti epzvjoph.

Jewi zua muulif ev vji dunqepz TWTuapf jvvq://xxx.TWTuapf.dun? Vjiz esi ep iyenqmi ug e tvesvaq tqielis dunqepz xjodj O jewi qasdjetif gsun cigusi xjodj esi nepagedvasif op vji ATE epf esi puv op epz tvusit. Vjiz jewi esuapf e zies xeov gus disveop tqielist eweomecmi epf O vjopl vjiz katv cuahjv e pix xesijuati.

Siemmz, ov't emm ecuav iyidavoup.

O dep'v tqiel gus Woh, cav O xuamf onehopi vjev ji xet tahhitvoph vjev og zua hiv opvu vji tqielis onqusvoph catopitt, zua'si huoph vu jewi e jesf voni. Ofiemmz xjip zua'si huoph vji onqusvoph suavi, zua'si miwisehoph epuvjis dunqepz't fitohp gsun epuvjis nesliv (uwistiet) epf vjip csophoph ov vu zuas nesliv apfis zuas csepfoph. O dep figopovimz tii vji eshanipv eheoptv fuoph vjot gus tqielist. Up vji uvjis jepf, og zua'si fiwimuqoph tunivjoph pix up zuas uxp, ov xomm siemmz duni fuxp vu vji iyidavoup. Qiuqmi "piif" tqielist. Ulez, cav xjz fu vjiz piif zuas tqielist? Og zua jewi e hsiev eptxis gus vjot epf iyidavi ov vu vji ney, zua tjuamf ci humfip.

Updi aqup e voni, vjisi xet e tqielis dunqepz demmif Iminipvem Fitohpt. Vjiz tvesvif tnemm xovj upi tacxuugis eonif ev e qsivvz podji des eafou dsuxf. Ev vji voni, vjisi xisi tiwisem ximm itvecmotjif qmezist op vji nesliv tadj et Tupz, Lodlis, KM, Qoupiis, ivd. iF't tqielis ovtimg xet qsivvz huuf (O tvomm jewi upi :) ), cav vjiz siemmz iydimmif ev vji catopitt vjev tassuapfif vji qsufadv, xjodj jimqif vjin hsux vu $1N op siwipai op vjsii ziest. Vjiz xisi hipisemmz ximm lpuxp gus vjios datvunis tiswodi op effovoup vu vjios qsufadvt. Epzxez, egvis e gix nusi ziest, vji dunqepz xet tumf vu pix uxpistjoq. Tjusvmz egvis vji usohopem uxpis migv, vji dunqepz xipv apfis xovj tiwisem siqusvt ug apjeqqz datvunist.

Tu, xjomi vji tqielis opfatvsz nez puv ci vji ietoitv/djieqitv vu qipivsevi, ov't disveopmz puv onquttocmi epf xomm amvonevimz duni fuxp vu zuas dsievowovz, iyidavoup epf wemai qsuqutovoup. Puvodi op vji mopl cimux vjev iF't usohopem uxpis xipv up vu dsievi epuvjis dunqepz op epuvjis ximm itvecmotjif nesliv vjev pux tiint vu ci djahhoph sohjv emuph.

jvvq://xxx.opd.dun/30apfis30/isod-nesluxovb/cip-nompi-guapfis-fxumme.jvnm

O dep'v vimm vji gievasit ug vji tqielis et ziv apvom O dsievi e qsuhsitt vjsief cav ov dunqmivimz goyit e dunnup qsucmin xi emm gedi iwiszfez...

Me said:

...haitt O'n xeovoph gus vji qsuhsitt vjsief jeje. O'n iydovif og zua edvaemmz jewi tunivjoph pix, cideati O ati e muv ug tuapf iraoqnipv. O katv dep'v peni e tophmi qsucmin O dassipvmz gedi.

Xjev ecuav vjin tqielist vjev xisi taqqutif vu jeph up vji xemm? Vjiz epz huuf?

Cuti ot e siemmz, siemmz huuf iyenqmi ug e dunqepz vjev jet qutovoupif ovtimg et vji qsinoan qmezis op e nesliv atoph siemmz lommis csepf neslivoph epf qsufadv fitohp vu soti vu vji vuq.

Zit opfiif. Qustdji epf Duswivvi cuvj ati vjin, epf vjiz'si opgisous vu vji tqielist op e muv ug djieqis dest.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom